100% sink distance??

Gosh let’s go with 2.5 ft. I mean since Covid nobody seems to finish putts inside 3’ anymore. Tournament yesterday required all putts to be finished...luckily I didn’t miss any 3’ putts.

It’s been changing lately, last week a 2 ft was not even a guarantee.

I can agree with this. Also, it depends on the course and the green. I was invited to play a local country club a few years ago. Putting those greens compared to the public course greens I was used to playing, were like putting on glass! 1 foot putts had break! I was not used to that. I played center cup and it broke out of the hole! Good grief! Plus, I love it when the practice green doesn't demonstrate the same kind of slopes that you'll see on the course.

Plus, it depends on the state of my putting game. I've had days where I've sunk everything, and left my competitor talking to himself. Other day something is off. I'm either shoving the heel of the putter through and pushing everything, or flipping the toe through and pulling everything. Or, I'm not hitting it hard enough to hold the line I've chosen, or I hit it too hard and blow it through the break! No guarantees!

My poor kid missed a 2-3 incher in his first ever tournament, the County Junior last year. That missed putt put him in a playoff that he subsequently lost.

He was trying to avoid others lines and had a super stupid stance and lost balance. Lesson learned there for him, the hard way.

So it’s possible to miss anything. He marks that because the stance is too weird, his wins that tournament. Which would have been his only win at a tournament. He’s placed first a few times in 2-3 school 9 hole matches, but never the big 20+ school ones playing 18-36. Someone always goes low.

1-1.5 feet depending on the day. I could see myself missing 1 out of 10 for 2' or longer

12"

I can agree with this. Also, it depends on the course and the green. I was invited to play a local country club a few years ago. Putting those greens compared to the public course greens I was used to playing, were like putting on glass! 1 foot putts had break! I was not used to that. I played center cup and it broke out of the hole! Good grief! Plus, I love it when the practice green doesn't demonstrate the same kind of slopes that you'll see on the course.

Plus, it depends on the state of my putting game. I've had days where I've sunk everything, and left my competitor talking to himself. Other day something is off. I'm either shoving the heel of the putter through and pushing everything, or flipping the toe through and pulling everything. Or, I'm not hitting it hard enough to hold the line I've chosen, or I hit it too hard and blow it through the break! No guarantees!
Definitely depends on the course. The greens on my home course are mostly pretty flat, with very subtle contouring (and I know them well and am used to them), so my putting average is probably artificially low. Put me on a course with super fast rollercoaster greens and my confidence will go right out the window.

I "expect" to make anything under 6 feet. It doesn't always happen, but confidence builds confidence.

Gimmies. I've never missed one. Outside of those I can miss almost anything, and have on many occasions. I'd love to think that inside of 2' I will make the vast majority and I probably do but that's still only 70% ish if I had to guess, maybe a little better or worse. There is definitely room for improvement.

What I expect versus what happens is a different thing. I expect to make anything under 2 feet. I lineup anything over 3-4 feet because I don't expect to make those. I am mad at myself for anything under 4 feet though unless it is a really touchy line.

Back