11 ways to inflate your handicap.....

donny475

I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I thought that article was kinda funny. I’m sure people do those very things though.

I don't even know if I want to read it. Don't need the temptation in the back of my mind. Lol

Edit: Okay, that was kinda funny. I like the 'never practice' to finish.

Inflating my cap is the last thing I want to do.:ROFLMAO:

I can see why some of you sticks would want to do it. I can only dream of wanting to be in that scenario.

This will be very useful. Thanks ;)!

I guess if your in to sandbagging your handicap this would be an article to read. ?

I'm not sure I'd classify putting out and following the rules as sandbagging, but grabbing a set of garbage ill-fitting clubs and playing would be IMO.

Easiest way is to find a local course with a completely bizarre rating/slope. One of those courses with terrible conditions, tiny greens, and hazards everywhere that for some reason has a really low rating/slope because it's shorter. Even this requires a ton of commitment to being a dumba**, because your highest 12 differentials get thrown out.

I thought that article was kinda funny. I’m sure people do those very things though.

Not intentionally to raise my handicap....but I’m definitely guilty of some of those things.

Sandbagging is Cheating. Sorry for the Morality Class.

The reason we play is to compete. Fairly.

Over the past year I have needed no help at all in inflating my handicap ?

Sandbagging is Cheating. Sorry for the Morality Class.

The reason we play is to compete. Fairly.

No worries, i took it as funny.....I do count all my strokes and play by the rules. I want mine as low as possible

Funny. Something will never change much.

Sounds about right.

There are a few of those that I will admit to.

Every club has their sand bagger stories. That's why I argue for the elimination of handicaps in tournaments. Group by flight...play scratch.

I don't think this is necessarily about inflating your HC. It's mostly what you are doing wrong and preventing yourself from getting better! A.K.A. Why you suck at golf!

Rarely playing for more than the bar tab, I'm not going to sandbag my friends for that.
Reality is, I miss the pride of having a single number when I was younger.

The article was kind of silly.

Playing up or back a set of tees can artificially impact your index.

Seems like all I have to do to raise my handicap lately is to just play more golf!

Apparently golf.com is hurting for content...

I actually thought that was kind of funny

I play the best I can with the rules because I want to know exactly what my score is and how I am doing. Scamming my index won't help me.

Most of those I can apply (inversely) to lower my handicap. Either way, thanks for sharing!

Back