11 ways to inflate your handicap.....

IMO, it’s funny that a lot of the suggestions are just playing by the rules.

I saw the title and didn’t know what to think. Glad I read it because it was funny. All the things to do to not get better.

Odd article??

IMO, it’s funny that a lot of the suggestions are just playing by the rules.

I noticed the same thing. Just don't bend the rules and you can raise your handicap.

I'm not sure I'd classify putting out and following the rules as sandbagging, but grabbing a set of garbage ill-fitting clubs and playing would be IMO.

Easiest way is to find a local course with a completely bizarre rating/slope. One of those courses with terrible conditions, tiny greens, and hazards everywhere that for some reason has a really low rating/slope because it's shorter. Even this requires a ton of commitment to being a dumba**, because your highest 12 differentials get thrown out.

One of the courses that I play fairly often around here is rated at 70/120 and, for some reason, I can't score on it to save my life. Best is 83 and that was a huge outlier. I've scored much better scores on courses rated quite a bit harder, but for some reason, I can't beat that one. If I ever register for a net tournament, I need to play that course about 20 time in a row before the tourney. I'll conquer it or inflate my handicap trying!

All I have to do to raise my handicap is play from my supposedly "age appropriate" senior tees. Last year, from the regular "men's" White tees rated 68.6/115, I averaged 73.72. From the red "senior" tees rated 65.1/108, I averaged 73.53. Basically the same scores but a much higher differential of 3.5 strokes playing from the senior tees.
:wtf:

That was a fun read. Swinging hard and playing in bad weather is the way to get it done. LOL

But is playing to the exact rules "inflating" your handicap? No, it isn't. It is called playing golf.

Most people play a game that very closely resembles golf and they keep their scores based upon that game.

*reads article*. Can you have a handicap in triple digits???

I noticed the same thing. Just don't bend the rules and you can raise your handicap.

I thought the article was great. I feel that I previously gave myself way too many liberties. Now that I know how to score myself in terms of lost balls/OB. I'm also putting everything out to give me a good idea of my actual handicap.

9. Forget about the target and focus on five swing thoughts instead

That's my favorite...

I immediately thought about if people actually putted everything out....and alas it was #1 lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I immediately thought about if people actually putted everything out....and alas it was #1 lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I’m actually thinking I need to do that to bump mine up a little. 😂

I have been playing by the new los ball rule. I always take 2 strokes and drop my ball in the fairway. Normally I Will take a gimme 2' or less, The last round I played I was in a game where everything had to be played to the bottom of the cup, I missed a one footer and a 2 footer!

I watched a very good player in Phoenix start the process of raising his handicap months ahead of a big money tournament. It was disgusting to witness, but the funniest part of the whole thing was that he actually DID suck by the time the tournament rolled around!

It was ultimate Karma because the guy never was able to play as well as he had been prior to that!

Back