14 Players DQ in Mini-Tour Event

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!

14 players were DQ'd at the Outlaw Tour's Verrado Founders Championship for playing the wrong sets of tees on a Par 3.

The tees were set at 204 yards, but the problem was that the scorecard the players had showed 222 yards. So it was never corrected on the cards & never explained by tournament officials.

Playing from the wrong tee box is covered under Rule 6.1b which states if a player plays from the wrong tee box “the player gets the general penalty (two penalty strokes) and must correct the mistake by playing a ball from inside the teeing area. If the player does not correct the mistake before making a stroke to begin another hole or, for the final hole of the round, before returning his or her scorecard, the player is disqualified.”

My thing is I can see maybe one group playing from the wrong set, but a continuous number of them. Let's say they played as twosomes, so 7 groups went through? And none of them were told before they teed off the next hole? Really?

Thoughts? :unsure:

This seems like an organizational issue, not a player issue.

So wait...they played from further tees than they needed to, and were DQ'ed because of it.

Golf is stupid.

Yes, I saw this yesterday and thought the same thing. Apparently the actual tees weren't readily visible and the yardage they were supposed to play didn't match the yardage on the scorecard.

That is unbelievable. Sounds like they were mislead with so many people hitting from the wrong tee box. That is crazy to me.. :eek:

I thought the same thing. But the tournament organizers blamed it on the players for not recognizing their mistake

I thought the same thing. But the tournament organizers blamed it on the players for not recognizing their mistake

Seems ridiculous.

Were there not tee box markers out there?

Seems ridiculous.

Where there not tee box markers out there?
Apparently the markers were not clearly marked, so they played it at the yardage that was actually written on their scorecard.

This is rediculous... Wouldn't the tee box have markers that were mirrored around the course? How would it be the players fault? It seems like this was an error on the tournament or even the specific course set up crew. Ridiculous DQ if you ask me.

Apparently the markers were not clearly marked, so they played it at the yardage that was actually written on their scorecard.
100% the course's fault.

That has to be on the organizers. Like you can't go DQ'ing 14 players. Not like it was 1 or 2 guys just being oblivious here.

Back