18-20* Club - What style do you play?

What club style 18-20*?

• Fairway

• Hybrid

• Utility

• Iron

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cobra F8 19* that I’ve never hit well consistently.

Talking SpeedZone? If so, I def think that’s a tweener utility and iron....and you’ll love it.
Yes, Speedzone. I'm really excited to give it a go!

M2 18 5 wood and M1 20 hybrid

Tried the 5W and didn't really work out. Grabbed the 3H (19*) from the garage recently. Put a bunch of lead tape towards the toe.

I think hybrids are the easiest clubs to hit so easy choice for me. I play a Cobra BioCell Hybrid at 19.5*.

I will be once it comes in . Cobra can thank some MC members, and especially @Canadan for this sale. Against my better judgement, and the majority of suggestions, I jumped on a good deal. I heard awesome and rocket launcher one too many times...:oops:
#BigBaddaBoom

I’m sort of just off both ends of the spectrum. The FW is a chopped down 16.5 degree, and the hybrid is at 22 degrees.

Hybrid as I need the distance for that type of club. Have a utility as well but it’s really a 4i spot. I like both clubs for sure. Just different club for a different job.

5w lofted up 2 degrees. Basically a subzero heavenwood. Because I determined that was a thing I needed

I have a 4 iron and 3 hybrid, both with a 19* loft. The hybrid is a little unpredictable, but when I flush it, I get a little giddy and then have to look for my ball.

A 19* Titleist driving iron that’s been a fixture in my bag for 13 years. I’ve tried replacing/upgrading it about 15 times most recently with a Callaway Epic Forged 4 iron but nothing gives me the accuracy and trajectory/distance control of my old Titleist. My last round it was responsible for two birdies, one from 222 yards that I hit to 4 feet and another on a par 5 from 213 that finished 35 feet past the flag for an easy two putt.

It’s ugly as can be with the pea green Aldila NV shaft but it just plain works from that 210-225 range and I rarely miss a green or fairway with it.

C688C142-C499-495E-AF7C-019D92B61504.jpeg

Epic Flash 5w set to 18*. I prefer a FW in that spot of my bag and during my Grandaddy fitting that was confirmed.

I think I could leave out my driver and 3W and score the same, or better, with my 3H and 4H
Should put that to the test. Would be a great thread.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Currently playing a HMB 3 iron.

Currently, Speedzone 5w at 18.5 degrees.

19° Utility. New to the bag and expanding its role. Does great with everything but heavy rough,, but thats not a surprise.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

hybrid 17, 19, 22 here!

I play Ping G410 2 hybrid (17 deg) and 3 hybrid (set to 20 deg)

18* U85 2i

Is a 5w for me, I've never had much luck with the lower lofted hybrids which would have been my first choice because I hit all other hybrids so well. Thankfully I now have a 5w in the bag that I have complete confidence in.

Poll time!

In that 18-20 degree spot, what are you rocking? Fairway? Hybrid? Utility? What do you have and why?

I can't stop over cooking a hybrid to save my life. I've never hit one that wasn't draw biased and I hate missing left.

I don't really have the swing speed for a 2 iron any longer.

I'm toying around with a Cleveland strong 5 wood to replace the 2 & 3 irons.

5W for me

JPX EZ 5 wood, consistent 195 from tee or fairway.

Back