1st Amateur Golf Tournament. TheGrintTour.

Way to jump in! Good luck out there! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Can’t wait to hear how it goes... Good Luck, Kid...

I have participated in the first two Miami events this year. It’s a fun time and competitive golf is different animal. A lot more stress and you have to pay attention to the rules. In our events, everyone needs to keep a live score or you get a 2 stroke penalty. It’s really easy through the app and allows you to follow along within your flight and overall scores, with handicap already factored in.

Putting is usually critical. Those who win usually don’t have many putts. If I can answer any questions or if I give any advice, I would be happy to.

kick some @ss and win one for the gipper

Now I’m a very casual golfer, very casual. Breakfast Ball on the opening tee box. If your ball is in a divot you can move it an inch or two off the divot. Move your ball away from tree roots.

You and I would get along great on the golf course, especially with the breakfast ball rule.

Have fun and good luck in the tourney!

Congrats on entering and good luck at tourney time!

Good luck man. Can’t wait to see how you enjoy the experience.

Have fun and good luck! Playing new courses and teeing it up in competition especially really sharpens your focus and its fun to see what you can do. Be confident in your game and your skills and you'll have a great time.

I have participated in the first two Miami events this year. It’s a fun time and competitive golf is different animal. A lot more stress and you have to pay attention to the rules. In our events, everyone needs to keep a live score or you get a 2 stroke penalty. It’s really easy through the app and allows you to follow along within your flight and overall scores, with handicap already factored in.

Putting is usually critical. Those who win usually don’t have many putts. If I can answer any questions or if I give any advice, I would be happy to.
That's awesome man, glad you posted this. I briefed some of the rules, I'll read more about it tomorrow but from what I read 1 person in the group has to update the scores for the group for the Live Leaderboard in your flight, which is pretty cool. Doesn't bother me one way or the other on how we key in scores whether it's our own or we key in for the group, I'm sure we'll have time since I'm going to assume this is going to be a lengthy round of Golf.

My putting is definitely my weakness so needless to say I'll be rolling quite a few putts prior to the round and not get stuck on the range haha. I will definitely send you a message, thanks.

That's awesome man, glad you posted this. I briefed some of the rules, I'll read more about it tomorrow but from what I read 1 person in the group has to update the scores for the group for the Live Leaderboard in your flight, which is pretty cool. Doesn't bother me one way or the other on how we key in scores whether it's our own or we key in for the group, I'm sure we'll have time since I'm going to assume this is going to be a lengthy round of Golf.

My putting is definitely my weakness so needless to say I'll be rolling quite a few putts prior to the round and not get stuck on the range haha. I will definitely send you a message, thanks.
Every area has their own rules and variations in how they run the events, so I’m sure you are right about the scoring. My rounds have averaged about 5.25 hours, which is long. But you are in a better flight, so I bet you will go a bit quicker if you start towards one of the earlier tee times. My best advice is to be confident and swing free. This isn’t the PGA. I’m my games so far, even good to very good golf would have put you into contention.

Good luck bro!!

This might be a little bit different than the Grandaddy competition but going to be a great experience for you going forward!

Good luck bro!!
Oye que bola asere! Appreciate it man. Hope all is well.

Nate said:
This might be a little bit different than the Grandaddy competition but going to be a great experience for you going forward!
Big Tiiiiime!! Much different not having Al and Lars order lunch, cigars, and drinks from the fairway and it's ready by the next tee box!

Good luck man!

I can’t wait to hear about it in vivid detail.

Like others have said, you’ll be nervous but have a blast. After you get a taste of those nerves you’ll be addicted (and even more amazed at how the guys on tour can drain putts for $10M).

I wouldn’t worry too much about anyone else in your flight (or group). Just play your game, and make smart decisions.

I wouldn’t worry too much about anyone else in your flight (or group). Just play your game, and make smart decisions.
This is great advice. Worry about your ball first, and then help if needed. I learned that the hard way my first event.

Good luck @CobraX51! I’m sure you will crush it.

Goodluck and try to have fun. Play your game.
Tournament golf is a beast unto itself. Wait till you see someone look at a 2 foot putt from every angle.

If you aren't used to it, competitive golf is very different to the casual rounds we play

Have fun and don't worry about your score, as a lot of others will be in exactly the same situation

The Grint Tour sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy and who cares if you win. It’s always about having fun. It’s just nice to add a little competition to the game every once in a while.

Good luck and I am sure you will do well. This popped up in my area and if not for soccer, I would have jumped in and tried it out.

As far as nerves, only you can control that, but I think you'll be fine. I'll be looking forward to the recap.

Good luck! Looking to hear all about it

The Grint Tour sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy and who cares if you win. It’s always about having fun. It’s just nice to add a little competition to the game every once in a while.
Win? That is the furthest thing from my mind haha. I'm doing this on a complete whim, the deadline to enter was yesterday. I had buddies text me about our Skins Game this Saturday. and another friend needing a 4th at a local course but I was like I'll give this tournament a shot just to see what it's all about. The Skins game is Lift-Clean-Place from anywhere on the course, preferred lies, so I'm looking forward to the challenge of hitting out of some rough hah.

I'm sure people prepare or practice prior to tournaments, at least I think they do, I'm going out there with whatever I got and see what happens. My goal is just to not finish last in my flight haha.

mikeg_74 said:
Good luck and I am sure you will do well. This popped up in my area and if not for soccer, I would have jumped in and tried it out.

As far as nerves, only you can control that, but I think you'll be fine. I'll be looking forward to the recap.
Thanks man. I did see they have a North and Central Texas Tour so plenty of other opportunities for you. As long as I swing easy I think I'll be fine. Last week I swung easy for 4 out of my first 7 holes and made Par. The other 3 I swung hard and made Double. What other clue do I need? Hah.

I joined the GolfWeek Amateur tour last year. I was playing pretty well, and was in D flight, 18+ handicap. You shoot a 90 in that flight and you most likely win. I was consistenly shooting low 90s, so I felt pretty good.

First round was a 110, and that was with a triple bogey cap on each hole.

I did win the last event of the year, and came in with a 90 or 91 that day.

Tournament golf is very different, even at the amateur level. Lots of fun, but definitely a learning experience.

Alright tee times are up and they moved me to the Birdie Flight! Which I’m pretty cool with. Also means I’m playing the Magnolia tee boxes when I assumed I’d be playing the Pine tee box. Just gotta be smart and keep it in play tomorrow. 11:10 tee time!

6c22e00a8c7606e504a04cee6b329e95.jpg

56e5255d1a64333dd4a7109abb129273.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back