2 HIO in the same day in tourney

I’d like to just have 1 in my lifetime

Props to the writer for proper use of "holes-in-one." For his age, he's still got some pretty good distance! The only HIO I've seen was the group behind me, didn't know any of them. One of the guy's dads had to hit driver on a 165 yard par 3. Rolled it right in!

That is just greedy....

I have never had one, but been close, and I have never seen one either, although I did see someone come within inches of making one once

all you can do is aim....the rest depends on the wind, green reception, slope, direction of the flag leaning and little luck. other than that.....

all you can do is aim....the rest depends on the wind, green reception, slope, direction of the flag leaning and little luck. other than that.....
Yes, huge part is luck. When I got mine I never saw it go in the hole, we saw it hit and go towards the hole but was into the sun.

Yes, huge part is luck. When I got mine I never saw it go in the hole, we saw it hit and go towards the hole but was into the sun.

yepper, my last was the same, never left the flag, saw it it hit but the green has a slope from front to just short of middle then up to a decent slope from back to middle on that side. Flag was front third, so never saw it go in, looking through rangefinder, it had not passed the flag, it was all over water, no splash, into the sun. Got to the green, only 3 balls showing. I walked over and looked in, they probably heard me 2 holes over.

WE play a skins pot with al the groups and a HIO is automatically recipient of the whole skins pot, no matter how many birdies made that day.

One of the last times I got close, I wouldn't have seen it if it had gone in as it was towards the sun as well - we heard it hit the flag

One of the last times I got close, I wouldn't have seen it if it had gone in as it was towards the sun as well - we heard it hit the flag
I hit the flagstick 3 times last year, closest I got where the ball stopped was a foot. It is fun to watch/hear it hit for sure.

Back