Golf is not really a hobby for me, but maybe. I know it's pretty much an everyday deal for me. Not a past time.

Fishing, and backcountry hiking/photography are my hobbies. I can usually catch fish out of Lake Mead which is something.

I hunted as a youngster with some success. Both bird, and game. However,
I survived too many "ultimate hunts" to be interested in that sport theses days.

You got two turntables but where's the microphone? :unsure:

Don't need one. I just use the mixer to mix between records playing at the same time.

;)

guessing this was a reference to Beck's "Where It's At" with the line "I've got two turntables and a microphone"

Ah, that did go over my head. :) Don't know any Beck plus some folks don't know what turntablism is.

I play Softball, I know, I am 63 but i still play Mens leagues not seniors. I play Spring Summer and Fall Leagues and yes, I still dive for a ball and slide if needed. I have good medical insurance too

Playing bass, and sometimes guitar.
813cd81668a3f3641d6ca77b0ee12629.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf and woodworking for me. I really need to do more Woodworking projects in the winter to get me through the cold.

Golf and RC airplanes, but hard to do both as a weekend warrior. Usually one has to take a back seat to the other because I will not take all my time in hobbies and neglect other things. Golf is really a consuming sport if you work hard at it.

Daily Fantasy Sports
Golf

Golf #1
Fishing #2

Golf, fishing, shooting, archery. I stopped myself when I considered scuba diving......I’ve gone down enough rabbit holes

Golf and salt water fishing. I always have my 7 ft. rod in the car.

golf
bourbon/whiskey
knives (collecting and making)
motorcycles

probably my top 4 hobbies

Golf and woodworking for me. I really need to do more Woodworking projects in the winter to get me through the cold.
Yes. Yes you do.

Reactions: KEV
Mine would be fishing and golf.

My wife and I do a lot of 5+ mile early morning walks that include short bursts of running. We logged 150 miles walking 20 of 21 days when we were recently in Florida over Xmas break. We also do a ton of boating and water sports in the summer - jet skiing, wake surfing, water skiing, canoeing, and paddle boarding. I don’t ski as much as I used to when we were close to the mountains but I’ll still log 20+ days this winter.

In a few years when we are wintering in Florida for half the year I hope to do a lot of saltwater fishing. I loved the Gulf and Florida Keys ever since I was a teenager and I’ve always dreamed of having a big enough boat to explore them in retirement.

Competitive sailing was my #1 for 20+ years. I crewed on or owned/skippered as number of small keelboats. Golf was something to do on vacation or outside of sailing season. Covid completely shutdown competitive sailing in my area so golf became #1.

When competitive sailing starts up again I will crew but on a much reduced level that previously.

I fish but don't consider it a hobby. Its more or an addiction and , like golf, its a way to get my competitiveness out of my system. Getting more specific I do tie flies and have been for about 10-ish years. Mostly tie for bass and panfish and some trout flies that will crossover. Spending this winter getting ready for March and would like tie up 90% of my stuff now. Just finished up some size 10 San Juan Worms in Green, Brown, Pink, and Red. 10 of each color. Going to be tying crayfish next.

20210102_220905.jpg

I also do some programming as a hobby. I'm working on a space shooter type game in Unity which will be like Lifeforce or Gradius from the original NES. Game is playable, camera moves right, ship moves with camera and stays in screen bounds, weapons fire, enemies get destroyed, have a hit point system for bad guys. Have to work on optimizing code and detail stuff like explosions and sounds and make more enemies and you get the idea.

Space_Shooter.jpg

I claim golf as a hobby. I'm really not very good at it.
Woodworking I like... I'm not good at that either.
Video games I play those... not good at them either.
Reading. That's something I do ok at.

Golf and video games.

Watching sports, playing basketball & volleyball, music, and drinking beer are probably next up.

Golf and motorcycling. Sometimes in that order. Sometimes not.

Back