20+ yr old but new golf balls - what to do with them?

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A neighbor gave me 2 dozen new in box but quite old golf balls that were his Dad's. It includes sleeves of Titleist DT Spin, Titleist DT Wound 90, Titleist Tour Balata 90, Titleist DT 2 Piece. They aren't ones I would play. A nice gesture as he knows I play golf. Suggestions on what to do with them?

I'd love to play the balata again ;)

use them as short game practice balls

Take the Balatas and try to make some smiley faces!:ROFLMAO:

I think it would be a fun test to hit them side by side.

Take the Balatas and try to make some smiley faces!:ROFLMAO:
Exactly what I was going to say, haha. Hit a thin shot with one of the Balatas and cut that big smiley face in the cover!

Joking aside, there are people who collect vintage golf balls - might be worth looking around and seeing if you can find a market for them, especially since they're brand new in the box.

I’d definitely play a few rounds with them, would love to experience the comparison! Another idea... get yourself a second hand set of clubs from the same era as the balls and give them a ago together. Like stepping back in time 😊.

Yeah that'd be neat to experiment with, but if they were mine I'd probably hit most of them into my neighbors corn field. LOL.

Didn't one of our members in another thread say balls don't matter at all? Seems like you should just play them and you shouldn't notice anything different than the ball you currently play.🤷‍:eyepoke:

I have a few Titleist Professional Balatas from '98.

I'd put a few in a museum and play the rest. Or find if any collectors on eBay or FB.

I bet those balata balls would match up nicely with these tour spec 845 Silverscot's I got sitting here. :D:D

Cut em open to compare the guts

My HIO ball from back in '89 is a Titleist tour balata. 32 years later it's grotesquely out of round!

Skip them across the lake.

A neighbor gave me 2 dozen new in box but quite old golf balls that were his Dad's. It includes sleeves of Titleist DT Spin, Titleist DT Wound 90, Titleist Tour Balata 90, Titleist DT 2 Piece. They aren't ones I would play. A nice gesture as he knows I play golf. Suggestions on what to do with them?

The DT Wound and Tour Balata need to be played!!! And putting with that 90 Balata will be pure bliss.

Back