2010 Accenture Match Play [spoilers]

I wish I had seen this thread and filled out a bracket earlier. I'm always pulling for Villegas, Poulter, and Luke Donald.

Snazzy dressers?

Snazzy dressers?

The guy's tag is JL, JB... if Justin Timberlake was in the field he would've picked him to win. :D

Good 3 to pick though... golf and dress wise.

Snazzy dressers?
For Poulter and Villegas, a combination of that and Cobra.
I don't really have a good reason to like Luke, it's just his overall game. Style, play, attitude, personality, it all just fits very neatly with him.

And I've never liked Justin Timberlake.

WOW! I picked up my last 3 points courtesy Ian Poulter today, but now I am shut out for the rest of the way - 36 will be my final total.

Yikes. Hopefully my bad-bracket-disease clears up before March Madness. Thanks for the update, Puttin4Bird. Good luck to you fellas who still have a fighting chance.
Just make sure you take KU to win the whole thing! hehehe

Stupid CBS, coverage is supposed to start at 2:00 and they're still showing basketball highlights. :banghead:

I just have to say congrats to the Lake Nona boys, Ian & Sergio for making it this far. Cheering for Ian though since Serge could be such a d-bag sometimes.

Stupid CBS, coverage is supposed to start at 2:00 and they're still showing basketball highlights. :banghead:

I think they were in a rain delay. This looks a lot like a couple of the days I had in Florida two weeks ago. I didn't have a caddie holding an umbrella for me!!!:angry:

WOW I have seen some "interesting" shots at the par 3 3rd.

I'm not normally a fan of Faldo's announcing, but his comments about Colin Montgomery were hilarious.

I don't know why, but every time I see Ian Poulter, I become a bigger fan. I just like the guy. Maybe it's because it seems like he maintains a professional demeanor but still shows just enough emotion.

EDIT: I'm watching delayed and I just got to the part where Poulter is behind a small bush and his shot is into a TV tower. He did a great job of explaining why he must take that shot because it is match play. I'm not sure I would have agreed with the requested relief before he explained why he had to go for the pin because it was match play. But the best part was Poulter's bug eyes when the first rules official didn't get what he was trying to say. Probably because I think that's exactly the face I would have made.

Ah well, now to push play on the DVR and see what happens.

EDIT 2: Wow, they are still trying to figure it out.

EDIT 3: Bravo to Sergio for the way he handled that. First thing he's ever done that I liked. A real gentleman there.

Last edited:
This match between Casey and Villegas is some great golf to watch.

I'm torn on who to pull for because I like both of them, but at the same time, I guess I can just sit back and watch some great golf without a rooting interest.

Just fine w/ me.

I don't know why, but every time I see Ian Poulter, I become a bigger fan. I just like the guy. Maybe it's because it seems like he maintains a professional demeanor but still shows just enough emotion.

I have always been a fan of his style, but we saw that at Doral last year and became an even bigger fan of his personally. He is a great guy, a family man, and a guy that truly loves the sport.

THP will be speaking with him again at Doral this year and should get some great coverage.

Villegas just missed a freaking 3 footer to win the match.

Villegas just missed a freaking 3 footer to win the match.

After his bunker shot in the previous hole, he then does something like that w/ a chance to win it.

It looked like he hit it well too, it just moved to the right.

Watching these matches today, is there any doubt that the new groove rule has made a difference?

Oddly, this is the first broadcast where the announcers aren't talking about it, even though it seems to be the most obvious example.

Is Camillo using a manhole cover for his ball mark? That coin(?) is huge.

I can't believe Villegas missed that putt. :arrogant:
Still pulling for my dream matchup, Ian and Camilo. Far and away my two favorite players.

And I'm a little sad I didn't enter any sort of bracket contest for this, I know I would have had a Poulter/Villegas final.

Did anyone hear the post match conversation between Ian and Serge? It seemed to me that Serge was complaining (what else is new) to Ian about that shot he took behind the tv tower that he didn't take relief on. It seemed that Ian was a little PO'd that Serge was yapping in his space. I guess Ian hears it all too much since they're neighbors.

That was quite an ad for Scotty putters huh? hehe

I think Paul Casey likes it, one hole he conceded a putt to Villegas, and he inspected the coin pretty thoroughly before flipping it over to him.

I noticed that too, Harry. I thought it was his ball at one point and GC had a camera angle to the green behind Casey as he was hitting his chip and I thought, "Didn't Camilo mark his ball on the green?" And when they followed the ball up I saw the frisbee ball mark.

Did anyone hear the post match conversation between Ian and Serge? It seemed to me that Serge was complaining (what else is new) to Ian about that shot he took behind the tv tower that he didn't take relief on. It seemed that Ian was a little PO'd that Serge was yapping in his space. I guess Ian hears it all too much since they're neighbors.
Serge is such an a-hole. How can you do that right after the guy beats you? Especially when you won the hole anyway.

Back