2010 Accenture Match Play [spoilers]

I really like Paul Casey's swing. I hope he does well this season.

They were actually talking about his swing yesterday and saying that he had to make some adjustments to it due to a rib injury. They also said once that gets better we should see his swing slightly change.

Is it part of the course design or is there some reason for it?

It is done to reduce winter maintenance. No grass growing into the edges of the bunkers means no one has to cut it back.

Hey kids.....quite an event huh? Some pretty big Euro Ryder Cup players in the final 4- that might not be a great sign of things to come for this year's matches, of course that's a long ways off.

I'll tally up the results from our little bracket contest, I was away from a computer all weekend so I haven't kept up on it.

I really enjoyed this year's WGC.

The golf was great, the weather was weird and there was more than enough drama to go around.

And in spite of all of the dire warnings, the "Tiger thing" had little (if any) effect on the tournament at all. I thought that Golf Channel / CBS handled that issue very well and kept it in the background where it belonged.

All in all, a very good tournament! :thumb:

-JP

Hey kids.....quite an event huh? Some pretty big Euro Ryder Cup players in the final 4- that might not be a great sign of things to come for this year's matches, of course that's a long ways off.

I'll tally up the results from our little bracket contest, I was away from a computer all weekend so I haven't kept up on it.

I was thinking of the same thing... with or without Tiger, this might be a sign of things to come for the RC. Plus we have to go over there.

They were actually talking about his swing yesterday and saying that he had to make some adjustments to it due to a rib injury. They also said once that gets better we should see his swing slightly change.

He's hurt, wow. He looked pretty fluid.

I guess that's what I get with DVR. I miss a lot of the commentary. I watch the shots and skip commercials.

I have been wondering how it turned out....

Alright guys, with 5 of us watching, living, and dying golf and everything PGA Tour we really really stunk it up! Harry didn't get a single point past the 3rd round but amazingly he wasn't last place! All of us really took a hit when Stricker went down so early, a few of us has Dustin Johnson making some noise and another popular pick was Anthony Kim....he got 1 win but nothing beyond that.

With 27 pts, The 5th Place Ribbon goes to Tcalloway- proudly display that ribbon and tell people there were hundreds of contestants!
Tied at 2nd to last at 29 pts were Harry and Interlooper
With 36 pts Slammin' Sammy made a run and I thought he was going to pull it out but our winner is pure genius by picking Paul Casey to go to the finals and swiping an extra 12 pts along the way.
41 pts- Yours Truly, Puttin4Bird. From round 3 on the only person I had scoring was Paul Casey but the fact that me made it all the way to the finals really helped me, as I said that was 12 pts from him alone.

Well this all clearly goes to show you that I am pure genius when picking brackets....if you need anyone to fill out your NCAA brackets for you just simply mail me a SASE with cash payment and I'll be happy to win your pool for you! :confused2:

I'm the least sucky player in this contest- none of us did too flippin' good boys!! Oh well, that's what this event is becoming known for. Not sure it's such a good thing either.

Hahaha. Thanks for the update, Puttin4Bird, and congrats on your *stellar* performance. This was fun; lets reserve the space for the next match play.

I really enjoyed this year's WGC.

The golf was great, the weather was weird and there was more than enough drama to go around.

And in spite of all of the dire warnings, the "Tiger thing" had little (if any) effect on the tournament at all. I thought that Golf Channel / CBS handled that issue very well and kept it in the background where it belonged.

All in all, a very good tournament! :thumb:

-JP

I agree. I also enjoyed this year's event. I am happy to see Ian win such a big tournament. He seemed excited to win.

Back