2011 AT&T National [SPOILERS]

Rough looks pretty thick, how much heavier than normal is it? They played a ladies professional tournament at our course a couple of years ago and the only real difference was the green speed.

Dan

Hey Dan! Barrie native here.

Rough is much thicker than usual(almost shoe-eating :D), green speeds are normally fast so they dont need to do much, if anything at all. I watched him stimp this morning. Of course working here, I would love to see the ball run for days on that thing, but if they do get faster throughout the week, these guys will have a great test of golf on their hands.. All they really do for this event is grow the rough, move the tees back a little, and setup the stands.

A bunch of guys, including some big named players, last year called it US-Open ready, which made us all pretty proud of what we have here and what we work hard to achieve.

The course looks like it's in perfect shape. Thanks for sharing the pics.

How long has play been closed on it? I've heard mixed things about how long they close a place before a tournament.

Have the changed the course much from last year?

Play has been closed since Thursday I believe, maybe Wednesday. Monday to Wednesday was extremely limited play for only specific kinds of members.

I havent seen any major changes, just little things that we have done to get it back to the original Donald Ross design drawings.

The course looks like it's in perfect shape. Thanks for sharing the pics.

How long has play been closed on it? I've heard mixed things about how long they close a place before a tournament.

Have the changed the course much from last year?

Pics look great Thain. Hopefully they'll hold up and translate well to the TV cams later in the week. Are you gonna have some personal time in to enjoy the festivities or is it all work and no play?

I should have plenty of time to enjoy the tournament, but to be honest, I like watching it on TV. Its hot, and its neat to be watching the final on TV as I can see the final group walk up 18 outside my bedroom window.
Pics look great Thain. Hopefully they'll hold up and translate well to the TV cams later in the week. Are you gonna have some personal time in to enjoy the festivities or is it all work and no play?

I should have plenty of time to enjoy the tournament, but to be honest, I like watching it on TV. Its hot, and its neat to be watching the final on TV as I can see the final group walk up 18 outside my bedroom window.

That's so sick man! So jealous that you get to work there, AND you shot a 74... was that from the tips in this setup? Regardless, my game is not there!

Thain I'll be watching this thread and the tourney on TV feverishly knowing a THP member is there!

Thanks for the pics man.

great pictures ! thanks for posting them. nice to see the course without all the grandstands

I don't blame you. I'm sure you will slap some spf100+ though and will head out there a couple of times right? :D

Looks like a beautiful course, great pics thanks for posting them!

Just went for a little walk around the back nine and this baby is in as good of shape as I have ever seen her. Took a couple shots from some TV towers too.

6f5b6d08.jpg

33e37765.jpg

13abd479.jpg

2bf41910.jpg

b6f85ed2.jpg

e022eb14.jpg

a0ee6468.jpg

10d3af6a.jpg

709f2280.jpg

ccd2b3f9.jpg

Beautiful golf course Thainer! Thanks for posting the pictures. Enjoy the tournament.

I'm actually coming down from New York this weekend to see the tournament on Sunday. This is my first PGA Tour event, so does anyone have any tips on doing it right? Follow a group, don't follow a group, stay at one hole? Possabilities of getting autographs? let me know your thoughts!

Play has been closed since Thursday I believe, maybe Wednesday. Monday to Wednesday was extremely limited play for only specific kinds of members.

I havent seen any major changes, just little things that we have done to get it back to the original Donald Ross design drawings.
Very good, thanks for the inside info.

I'm actually coming down from New York this weekend to see the tournament on Sunday. This is my first PGA Tour event, so does anyone have any tips on doing it right? Follow a group, don't follow a group, stay at one hole? Possabilities of getting autographs? let me know your thoughts!

8 green, 10 green, 9 fairway landing area, and 11 tee are all right in with eachother.

Couple notes: Kj down here in the range getting dialed in with the 910 it appears.

Overton deciding between sf tp(black), Superdeep, or Cleveland. He's absolutely crushing the superdeep.

Gaineys swing is uglier in person.

What cologne is Tiger wearing?

Couple notes: Kj down here in the range getting dialed in with the 910 it appears.

Overton deciding between sf tp(black), Superdeep, or Cleveland. He's absolutely crushing the superdeep.

Gaineys swing is uglier in person.

Great pic's in this thread guys. It brings back alot of great memories of living in the Philly area. Aronimink is one of my favorite courses. I have had the great pleasure of playing it before and after renovation and post renovation it is a beast that is just a blast to play. My favorite part of Aronimink though is the men's locker room, so old school and cool. I know some will laugh but as much as I've enjoyed playing Merion East I'll take Aronimink over it for the fun factor.

Great pic's in this thread guys. It brings back alot of great memories of living in the Philly area. Aronimink is one of my favorite courses. I have had the great pleasure of playing it before and after renovation and post renovation it is a beast that is just a blast to play. My favorite part of Aronimink though is the men's locker room, so old school and cool. I know some will laugh but as much as I've enjoyed playing Merion East I'll take Aronimink over it for the fun factor.

Dang man you've played some nice courses. I just played the Preserve at Jordan Lake a few weeks ago. I think that is over by you

I absolutely love Aronomick its one of my favorite courses and its very underated it can be a monster

Nice course Thain, great pic's as well.

Course looks great! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Thainer obviously knows the best spots to watch from. If you have a favorite player, follow them for a few holes and maybe stop to see some others play through then catch up with your favorite again. After a bit, hit the spot mentioned where you can see so many shots from one place. Catch another interesting group and follow them for a bit. Another good spot to watch for a while is the range. You'll see some sweet golf swings. It's amazing to watch the pros hit the ball!

As for autographs, the best time to get those is during a practice round or on Pro-Am day. Players won't sign on tournament days until after the round. The PGA Tour usually has an autograph area set up somewhere near the 18th hole or near the media interview area for players to sign (If they take the time).

Thanks for posting the pics Thainer. The course looks sick, enjoy the week man!

Great pics Thainer. Course looks in great shape!

Back