2011 Cobra S3 Irons Preview

saw them in the store today, I really liked the looks of them.

did you swing any? I saw them last week, swung the 7 iron, 10-15 shots, all straight ( not normal for me) felt nice too. :blob:

It has been quiet on this thread, any more news from the testers or anyone else?

Both Jrod and I hit them today. It was nice to get them outdoors and see ballflight and distance. They hit the ball high and long. I was losing some shots to a leaking fade, but part of that is because they are a bit flat for me. Jrod was hitting some Phil Mickelson 8 irons with them. After trying out another set against them, I'd say that they were longer, but maybe not quite as controllable for me.

Both Jrod and I hit them today. It was nice to get them outdoors and see ballflight and distance. They hit the ball high and long. I was losing some shots to a leaking fade, but part of that is because they are a bit flat for me. Jrod was hitting some Phil Mickelson 8 irons with them. After trying out another set against them, I'd say that they were longer, but maybe not quite as controllable for me.

These things are ridiculously long.... I was carrying an 8i about 190 yards consistantly. I love the black finish also.

did you swing any? I saw them last week, swung the 7 iron, 10-15 shots, all straight ( not normal for me) felt nice too. :blob:

are they a contender for a spot in your bag?

are they a contender for a spot in your bag?

Anything that wll improve my game is a contender for my bag. I am very curious about these irons and I keep hearing great things about them which only perks my interest that much more.

Comfortably 165, getting after it MAYBE 173ish.

wow 25yds more that is impressive!!

They are loooong. I got standard length, very heavy shafts in the S3s, and was still getting it out there about 10 yards further than my old sticks. These are at least 10 yards longer than the TM MCs I'm testing now. These bad boys wanna go long and high and straight.

New guy here.

Any updates on how the irons are playing for those playing them?

Any new thoughts/opinions from those who have recently demoed?

I'm looking to demo these guys, but from what I can get out of the thread it seems like Cobra doesn't bring lefty irons to the demo events. Is this true?

Thanks.

I don't know about lefty demo equipment, but I will say that I've been playing these irons at times lately and I really like them. They are plenty long, decent in terms of feel and very forgiving. If you have any specific questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

Back