2011 Cobra S3 Irons Preview

I would say GI. I also think at some point that is a great discussion because with the mass amounts of quality clubs coming out from OEMs (the companies, not clones of you), the lines between SGI, GI, GE, etc have all been blurred quite a bit.

Yeah Id say very very blurred lines. I mean, what are some of these guys going to think when they see very little offset (YAY!!) but a thick top line (I cant look at that)? Heads are going to explode. I can see the confusion already.

I would say GI. I also think at some point that is a great discussion because with the mass amounts of quality clubs coming out from OEMs (the companies, not clones of you), the lines between SGI, GI, GE, etc have all been blurred quite a bit.

yeah, to me SGI would be a hybrid set.

Snazzy clubs Cobra. I also like they put a pretty good quality steel shaft in there

I think the back of the club kind of jumps out and screams at you, but the rest of the club has a nice look to it. I'm sure they'll be real solid.

Saw the ladies version listed on cobra's website.

us11i-s3-w.jpg

The more I look at these, the more I like them. For some reason, I'm feeling the 2011 Cobra line. Not that I've hit them, but first impressions have me interested.

WOW 3 pages and NO OleGray ???? :D
I think they are good looking sticks , and the yellow is not to busy on the cavity to me .

They look nice. Although I am not really a Cobra iron fan, I do hope they perform! Looking forward to your review.

The S3 Pro MB's and CB's are real sweet looking also...

post-3152-074846100%201285806620_thumb.jpg

post-3152-015637200%201285806633_thumb.jpg

I am kinda liking the looks of all three of these sets.

I am kinda liking the looks of all three of these sets.

I believe the S3 Pros come as a combo set, so you get the CBs and MBs in one.
I am not sure if you can solely order CBs or MBs.

Looks great to me. High shine on the finish with the deep black... sort of the opposite of what TM is doing with the white. Interesting to say the least. Hopefully these will also be at the outing.

I believe the S3 Pros come as a combo set, so you get the CBs and MBs in one.
I am not sure if you can solely order CBs or MBs.

Your correct another site had them displayed as "2011 Cobra S3 MB" and 2011 Cobra S3 CB" so I thought they were two sets, but looking at cobra site it is a single combo set..

My wife has informed me that my Cobra prize box has arrived... more to come when I get back from Las Vegas tonight!

Can't wait to see what you got G4L!
My wife has informed me that my Cobra prize box has arrived... more to come when I get back from Las Vegas tonight!

lucky! don't forget you still have to test those Taylormades

lucky! don't forget you still have to test those Taylormades

Oh don't worry! Its gonna be pretty cool to get to put both new 2011 offerrings head to head!

that's just an excuse to play more golf, you need to try both sets out hehe
Oh don't worry! Its gonna be pretty cool to get to put both new 2011 offerrings head to head!

that's just an excuse to play more golf, you need to try both sets out hehe

and he might need some friends to come help out.

Let's just say that putting this post in this thread might be a hint....

Ah, lucky! :D Great pick G4L! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them!

I love the look of these irons :D! My S2's have the yellow/black cavity back but I think these are sharper looking with the black iron look. I would be more than happy to test out a spare set of these if anyone has a set laying around :thumb: It looks like Cobra/Puma is stepping up their game this year with some awesome products. I just hope they perform as solid as they look. I also like the simplicity of the S3 MB's/CB's irons. I think they would be a really cool set of players irons. Looking forward to the upcoming reviews.

Back