2011 Cobra S3 Irons Preview

If it were said like this is the beginning there would have not been any backlash. You take the diplomatic point and some take the offensive view. (IMO)

But that is their right Gray. Some like clubs and and some dont. Just like you say how you love all things Cobra, some people do not. You made a comment about the Sligo bag looking feminine and that it would look good in GG's cart. Should you not be allowed to say that because Sligo might read it and be offended? Of course not, everybody is entitled to their opinion. Some voice it differently.

If it were said like this is the beginning there would have not been any backlash. You take the diplomatic point and some take the offensive view. (IMO)

So basically you're saying that I'm offensive? Towards you? I didn't think that I was, I thought i said that the S3's looked like they ripped off a lot of the style and design principles of the burner 2.0's. I didn't know that b/c I said that about a set of Cobra irons that that meant a personal attack on you. I'm really confused.

Here's a question for ya: you just mentioned a few minutes ago that the Sligo golf bag had a feminine looks to it (a lot of people did and others said that they didn't care for the look/colors), well, I like Sligo, should I get defensive in that thread? Should I react like I've been personally attacked?

Do you see the point I'm making?

So basically you're saying that I'm offensive? Towards you? I didn't think that I was, I thought i said that the S3's looked like they ripped off a lot of the style and design principles of the burner 2.0's. I didn't know that b/c I said that about a set of Cobra irons that that meant a personal attack on you. I'm really confused.

Here's a question for ya: you just mentioned a few minutes ago that the Sligo golf bag had a feminine looks to it (a lot of people did and others said that they didn't care for the look/colors), well, I like Sligo, should I get defensive in that thread? Should I react like I've been personally attacked?

But that is their right Gray. Some like clubs and and some dont. Just like you say how you love all things Cobra, some people do not. You made a comment about the Sligo bag looking feminine and that it would look good in GG's cart. Should you not be allowed to say that because Sligo might read it and be offended? Of course not, everybody is entitled to their opinion. Some voice it differently.

"It's no doubt a good looking bag and one I am sure Golfer Gal would love in her cart"

That's Ole Gray's quote from the Sligo Bag. He was saying how it would look good in GG's cart. Not necessarily that it was feminine. Perhaps he thought that JB already loves his bag, given by the THP community, and this would be a great bag for GG.

"It's no doubt a good looking bag and one I am sure Golfer Gal would love in her cart"

That's Ole Gray's quote from the Sligo Bag. He was saying how it would look good in GG's cart. Not necessarily that it was feminine. Perhaps he thought that JB already loves his bag, given by the THP community, and this would be a great bag for GG.

Its a MENS bag, SLIGO DOES NOT MAKE WOMENS GEAR!

Its a MENS bag, SLIGO DOES NOT MAKE WOMENS GEAR!

Are you saying that women can't use the bag? I mean, ANYONE would LOVE TO HAVE that Sligo bag. I'm just saying.

I don't even know how to respond Clay. It's pretty clear that you are in Ole Gray's corner here, even though I feel like it shouldn't be this way, it just is. The point is, plenty of people didn't care for the look of the Sligo bag, whereas I did, should I get defensive about it? Should I justify to others why it is a good looking bag? No. One day i'll pursue it and they won't. Same way I expect Gray to pursue his snake stuff and I won't.

I'm sorry, I thought I stepped into the Cobra S3 Irons Preview thread. Let's not forget that we're all friends here guys, I think the winter is really starting to get to all of us. I know that a little break from the cold and misery next week is going to do ME good...hang in there guys, spring is only 2 months away!

Are you saying that women can't use the bag? I mean, ANYONE would LOVE TO HAVE that Sligo bag. I'm just saying.

You are MISSING the entire point. I give up. Its about the defensive nature that some get based on others having opinions.

I don't even know how to respond Clay. It's pretty clear that you are in Ole Gray's corner here, even though I feel like it shouldn't be this way, it just is. The point is, plenty of people didn't care for the look of the Sligo bag, whereas I did, should I get defensive about it? Should I justify to others why it is a good looking bag? No. One day i'll pursue it and they won't. Same way I expect Gray to pursue his snake stuff and I won't.

I'm not in anyones corner. I was just saying how anyone could use the bag. JB has a wonderful bag, and maybe GG would love the Sligo one. I would love the bag too. I liked the bag just like you did TC. But if JB likes the bag to, he can use it as well.

TC-- I don't know who Sligo designed this particular bag for,,, male or female? If you are toting this bag the last thing I would do is say, "hey TC your bag looks like something GG would adore"? I did not say anything like this. How in the heck did the Sligo bag come into the S3 iron thread? I think it would probaly benefit all of us to just get back topic? :surrender::deadhorse:

The last thing I wanted to do is get on anyones bad side. I thought there was a misunderstanding and I was trying to help clear it up.

There is no bad side Clay, and I know what you were trying to do.

Out of respect to the company we can get back to how original and wonderful these irons are :)

You are MISSING the entire point. I give up. Its about the defensive nature that some get based on others having opinions.

Ok, TC an opinion. I respect that. But I don't think it was right of him to bust cobra for stealing TM's idea, even though he doesn't exactly know what happened. My opinion on that won't change unless it is proven that Cobra stole the idea from TM.

I will only say this ONE more time. People have the right to voice their opinions on brands. It is their right and as long as it is not aimed at a forum member or a personal attack on a forum member, they can continue to voice those opinions. If someone does not like the practices of a certain brand, how a club looks, or how a player treats others, it is their right to say so. Getting defensive and saying that a company is going to be offended because someone has an opinion is absolutely absurd.

Maybe instead we should just have all the forum members just say how wonderful every club is as we put up pictures. Of course we would never say that, nor would we ever want someone to just not say anything at all. Im shocked at how personally some take it as if they designed the clubs or own the company. They are golf clubs. Some will like them, some will not.

I will only say this ONE more time. People have the right to voice their opinions on brands. It is their right and as long as it is not aimed at a forum member or a personal attack on a forum member, they can continue to voice those opinions. If someone does not like the practices of a certain brand, how a club looks, or how a player treats others, it is their right to say so. Getting defensive and saying that a company is going to be offended because someone has an opinion is absolutely absurd.

Maybe instead we should just have all the forum members just say how wonderful every club is as we put up pictures. Of course we would never say that, nor would we ever want someone to just not say anything at all. Im shocked at how personally some take it as if they designed the clubs or own the company. They are golf clubs. Some will like them, some will not.

Well said.

Ok, TC an opinion. I respect that. But I don't think it was right of him to bust cobra for stealing TM's idea, even though he doesn't exactly know what happened. My opinion on that won't change unless it is proven that Cobra stole the idea from TM.

Let me see if I understand this. So I guess you should not be able to condemn Scotty Cameron anymore right? Clay, I appreciate your input on the matter, but keep in mind, you did this EXACT same thing about the Scotty Cameron putter.

EVERYBODY has the right to their opinion.

Fair enough, but I have every right in the world to "bust" on them if I want to. I could be very, very wrong, and if I am, I'll admit it, but I don't think it will ever be proved so until then, I'll stick with my opinion. Kinda the same way that you had that anti Scotty Cameron avatar, remember? Why did you have that? Did you have proof that he stole designs?

Let me see if I understand this. So I guess you should not be able to condemn Scotty Cameron anymore right? Clay, I appreciate your input on the matter, but keep in mind, you did this EXACT same thing about the Scotty Cameron putter.

EVERYBODY has the right to their opinion.

That's true. Point taken. Everyone has their right. I was wrong to say that. Forgive me TC.

That's true. Point taken. Everyone has their right. I was wrong to say that. Forgive me TC.

Of course Clay, you know i'm not here to attack anyone, never have I. Things happen, it's all good.

I really like the looks of the S3, Burner 2.0ish? Maybe a little, but I don't care. I like the looks of them and am really excited to hit them.

It just seemed to me that this has happened a LOT in the golf industry. I want some lawsuits going on here! lol

I really like the looks of the S3, Burner 2.0ish? Maybe a little, but I don't care. I like the looks of them and am really excited to hit them.

Totally agreed. I can't wait to hit these bad boys. I can't wait to hit ALL of the 2011 Clubs. This looks to be a great year for golf clubs and golfers everywhere.

I am not a huge fan of the yellow but I do think it's a nice design.

Interesting, I feel the exact same way as it seems a lot of people do.

On another note, I don't really care what it looks like. I want results. I will game them even if they are pink, as long as they give me results.

All clubs look similar to clam. As for the Cobra and Taylormade irons, I love the looks of both. clam out.

Interesting, I feel the exact same way as it seems a lot of people do.

On another note, I don't really care what it looks like. I want results. I will game them even if they are pink, as long as they give me results.

Amen... I am not sure about pink but results are the key to me!!

Back