2011 Cobra S3 Irons Preview

These look a little busy in the cavity area, but not to bad. Looking forward to the review.

Based on what I've read and seen, these irons really seem to be trying to compete with the Burner 2.0s. Can't wait to see how well they perform in comparison.

Based on what I've read and seen, these irons really seem to be trying to compete with the Burner 2.0s. Can't wait to see how well they perform in comparison.

If you need any help testing em, let me know :D?

Is it wrong that I am picturing these with a nice spun chrome black shaft from Vibrant Golf?

Checked these out a bit more on the Cobra website. Lots of tech packed into this set. I kinda dig the looks. They appear to be Cobra's answer to the 2.0's and X-24's.

Is it wrong that I am picturing these with a nice spun chrome black shaft from Vibrant Golf?

Man you got me drooling like a hound dawg treeing a coon :D

Man you got me drooling like a hound dawg treeing a coon :D

I thought you might like that! But I might get these just to have that done to them. They would look so sessy!

Checked these out a bit more on the Cobra website. Lots of tech packed into this set. I kinda dig the looks. They appear to be Cobra's answer to the 2.0's and X-24's.

This may be the reason that I just don't like them. Come up with your own design, two tone'd finish, don't just emulate and ride coat tails. If this is their tactic moving forward, they may seriously struggle. It's time to break the mold, be original, come out with something that grabs me, not annoys me.

This may be the reason that I just don't like them. Come up with your own design, two tone'd finish, don't just emulate and ride coat tails. If this is their tactic moving forward, they may seriously struggle. It's time to break the mold, be original, come out with something that grabs me, not annoys me.

I thought the Cleveland, Callaway, & then the 2.0's all had the black finish. Just because the Cobra's look somewhat like but certainly not a carbon copy of the 2.0's. It's a pattern, that some of the companies are going towards. It's not a knock on TM or copycat type thing but a move that the consumer is favoring. It's funny because a few of my friends were asking why Cobra did not have the dark finish look. This was back when Cleveland Golf come out with the "black" irons. My reply was maybe one day because I sure do like the look.

I thought the Cleveland, Callaway, & then the 2.0's all had the black finish. Just because the Cobra's look somewhat like but certainly not a carbon copy of the 2.0's. It's a pattern, that some of the companies are going towards. It's not a knock on TM or copycat type thing but a move that the consumer is favoring. It's funny because a few of my friends were asking why Cobra did not have the dark finish look. This was back when Cleveland Golf come out with the "black" irons. My reply was maybe one day because I sure do like the look.

A black pearl finish has been around, but a two toned face has not. Big difference in my book. I'd like to see them be more of a trend setter that is all. B/c the limited edition ZL came out before the r11 doesn't mean it was cobras idea. They're trying to succeed based on others rather than being imaginitive themselves. This is purely my opinion though so it doesn't really matter.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

I know I am in the minority, but I just dont think too much about what color scheme is in there. I mean I know when I love something looks wise and know when its just "eh", but it never means too much to me. Nothing wrong with that at all because with what irons cost, I think people should be in love with every aspect of course.

I am in that minority as well. Heck I am bagging the G15's which are on most peoples list of fugly clubs.

Would have to see these in person, they dont look bad, the S3 pro irons are gorgeous IMO. Would love to give both a go though! Cobra is doin big things these days and I have to say I am impressed because I didnt really care for them until recently. Cant wait to see what the future with Puma and Rife holds!

Would have to see these in person, they dont look bad, the S3 pro irons are gorgeous IMO. Would love to give both a go though! Cobra is doin big things these days and I have to say I am impressed because I didnt really care for them until recently. Cant wait to see what the future with Puma and Rife holds!

I think the merge/buy out from Puma is a shot of adrenaline for Cobra golf so yea, I would expect some really cool stuff coming down the pike.

I really like the look of these, but then again I like yellow. Very sharp, hope they exceed expectations.

Really exciting because I have always liked Puma. Definitely a huge shot of adrenaline!

I think the merge/buy out from Puma is a shot of adrenaline for Cobra golf so yea, I would expect some really cool stuff coming down the pike.

Since they are two aggressive animals, I want to see clubs that look like the head of a cobra about to strike, fangs and all :p

Since they are two aggressive animals, I want to see clubs that look like the head of a cobra about to strike, fangs and all :p

haha you mean like bite em in the arse mean huh? You better watch out Rat cause them snakes kind of like a little "Rat" on the dinner table dude :hungry: :D

haha you mean like bite em in the arse mean huh? You better watch out Rat cause them snakes kind of like a little "Rat" on the dinner table dude :hungry: :D

Watch out now lol protect your arse sir

Hey OleGray , better hope some company doesn't come out with Mongoose clubs, they eat snakes for lunch :D:rofl::laughing:

Hey OleGray , better hope some company doesn't come out with Mongoose clubs, they eat snakes for lunch :D:rofl::laughing:

lmao now that's a fact Spray! :surrender:

OK, I think these look better in person than in pics, but I took a few and put then in the contest thread. Thank you Cobra and THP! I'm really pumped about hitting these sweet new sticks!

I like the looks of these. Looking forward to seeing them in person and the review.

I'm sorry, but after seeing G4L's pics, how can anyone not think that these are blatant burner 2.0 rip offs? The sole design is almost identical. I guess by moving the number from the sole and putting it out on the toe, that makes them different.

I agree, its pretty damn close.

Wow your not kiddin, I just checked out the pics imitation at its finest right there bro. Those are very nice looking Burner 2.0's I mean S3's.

Back