2011 THP Outing Questions/Suggestions

Well, sorry I opened a can of worms here.

You didn't open up a can of worms and I like your idea I am just not sure it's doable. I think we can work on making up some kind of list but it may not be 100% accurate because like JB and I were saying we may not have the items in time.

And JB is right, of course we have a deadline we always have deadlines, but like he said some of these clubs weren't even made yet. And some companies didn't have inventory to send so they had a rep drop off items and we don't always know what they are going to bring. And before anyone asks, yes we ask them for a list of what they are brining but even they don't know sometimes depending on what items they may need to use for other demos. We know you are all trying to throw out suggestions and that is what this thread is for but when it comes to getting the clubs I promise we do everything we can to get them in a timely manner but that isn't always an option.

I agree and understand that JB, the "late arrivals" can be written in hand. Sounds like you are not on board with this.. I'll drop it.

If we do a list the participants can write down late arrivals by hand. Please don't take this the wrong way but I am not going to spend my night hand writing in a list for 50 people or going to the Business Center to type up new lists and print them out. With the amount of work, time, and effort that we put into the outing once I am there I do not want to have to do more work.

Last time I spent almost the entire day on Friday preparing everyone's goody bags for Saturday and wasn't able to socialize, I just don't want to do that again.

No worries at all man. Sometimes it is not noticed by us that people want to see more and we need to explain it better why we can't. It does not mean it cannot happen, just that it is not that easy due to making sure the everything is there.

To give you an example. 6 Companies from this last outing gave us a list of what was coming and what showed up was completely different. And it came within 48 hours of not making the outing. If our choice is cutting companies off and getting you guys the list accurately, we can do that, but I think some might want more gear than less gear.

You didn't open up a can of worms and I like your idea I am just not sure it's doable. I think we can work on making up some kind of list but it may not be 100% accurate because like JB and I were saying we may not have the items in time.

And JB is right, of course we have a deadline we always have deadlines, but like he said some of these clubs weren't even made yet. And some companies didn't have inventory to send so they had a rep drop off items and we don't always know what they are going to bring. And before anyone asks, yes we ask them for a list of what they are brining but even they don't know sometimes depending on what items they may need to use for other demos. We know you are all trying to throw out suggestions and that is what this thread is for but when it comes to getting the clubs I promise we do everything we can to get them in a timely manner but that isn't always an option.

HANDS DOWN, the most important thing to me is the clubs arriving over a list ANY day! So, that being said, next outting, the first 30 minutes of my demo day I will take the time to go through each bag and see the new offerings. Thne plan accordingly. Simple as that!

If we do a list the participants can write down late arrivals by hand. Please don't take this the wrong way but I am not going to spend my night hand writing in a list for 50 people or going to the Business Center to type up new lists and print them out. With the amount of work, time, and effort that we put into the outing once I am there I do not want to have to do more work.

Last time I spent almost the entire day on Friday preparing everyone's goody bags for Saturday and wasn't able to socialize, I just don't want to do that again.

You are missing my point GG. i am not asking you to do anything. The write it in part was for those who actually hit the clubs. I would not want you at the busienss center, You belong and should be sitting on the couch at the ibar talking with your friends like last time.

You are missing my point GG. i am not asking you to do anything. The write it in part was for those who actually hit the clubs. I would not want you at the busienss center, You belong and should be sitting on the couch at the ibar talking with your friends like last time.

And that's what I said in the first part of my post. If someone wants to add those on they can but I will not be doing it and this is of course assuming we do a list. Like I said I actually think it's a good idea and something I will definitely be working on doing.

I want to reiterate, we are not opposed to a list. But it will be somewhat dependent on when things arrive.

Let me ask this question though. Honest answers please. How many looked through the info before demo day or during of the pamphlets that were in their bags? And how many used their notepads we provided to actually take notes? I think most people zeroed in on what they liked and may have even started to jot stuff down, and then moved on to just hitting what was there.

We continue to evolve during our demo days and this one being a full day you will see even more organization and breakdowns.

Then I guess my question is, why not just use the notepad that was provided last time and create the list as you try things out? Not trying to argue, but it seems as though it would be the same thing and was already present.

Now I'm confused. first late arrivals can be written in by hand and now the write in part is for people hittign clubs? I though GG had your point covered but maybe I'm missing it now

I agree and understand that JB, the "late arrivals" can be written in hand. Sounds like you are not on board with this.. I'll drop it.

I want to reiterate, we are not opposed to a list. But it will be somewhat dependent on when things arrive.

Let me ask this question though. Honest answers please. How many looked through the info before demo day or during of the pamphlets that were in their bags? And how many used their notepads we provided to actually take notes? I think most people zeroed in on what they liked and may have even started to jot stuff down, and then moved on to just hitting what was there.

We continue to evolve during our demo days and this one being a full day you will see even more organization and breakdowns.

Heck I hate to admit this but I was sooooooooo blown away with all the equipment around that tent ,I did not even look in the goodie bag! I did when back at the room but it was too late to take notes then. I will be better prepared next trip.

The only pamphlet in my bag was a full line brochure from Cobra. I used the note pad to jot down one or two words for each club I hit (all there was room for)

Then I guess my question is, why not just use the notepad that was provided last time and create the list as you try things out? Not trying to argue, but it seems as though it would be the same thing and was already present.

I think t and I were suggesting something a little different. We both have stated we would do this for the group. If you are willing to send me a list of what was at the outing last time I would be happy to work on this and make up a few ideas and send it to you and GG to review.

I wrote down the things I was hitting/comments about what I liked/didn't like but like Gray, was so amazed by the amount of stuff that after a while, I couldn't keep what I had straight. Also, I had a hard time with wanting to try something but then not wanting to bug someone who had it and was trying it out about making sure I got a chance with it (That "shy"/"new people" thing that I won't have next time)

The only pamphlet in my bag was a full line brochure from Cobra. I used the note pad to jot down one or two words for each club I hit (all there was room for)

I think t and I were suggesting something a little different. We both have stated we would do this for the group. If you are willing to send me a list of what was at the outing last time I would be happy to work on this and make up a few ideas and send it to you and GG to review.

The notepad had 50 pages to jot down notes if someone would have liked to.

As for what you are asking, I know exactly what you would like to see. What we are trying to explain is that we have NO IDEA what companies are going to send. We make requests and then stuff shows up. Once in a while we get stuff ahead of time. But most of it we receive a day or two before the outing, or we do not get it before at all and it is dropped off at the resort the day of the outing.

Its not about not wanting to make a menu for people so that they can see what is there. Its about us not having the ability to do so because as the organizers, we dont know what will be there.

The notepad had 50 pages to jot down notes if someone would have liked to.

As for what you are asking, I know exactly what you would like to see. What we are trying to explain is that we have NO IDEA what companies are going to send. We make requests and then stuff shows up. Once in a while we get stuff ahead of time. But most of it we receive a day or two before the outing, or we do not get it before at all and it is dropped off at the resort the day of the outing.

Its not about not wanting to make a menu for people so that they can see what is there. Its about us not having the ability to do so because as the organizers, we dont know what will be there.

Ok then it is very hard to accomplish this. let's move on

the only pamplet I had was COBRA. As far as the notepad, I did not put it to best us, so, I will do better with that next year. Look, the notepad to me doesnt fix me not knowing whats there. thats why I said I would take the time to see whats there before hitting. I also liked how P4B was walking around with things saying, try this, try that, this is awesome.....he was the only one who did that.

Now I'm confused. first late arrivals can be written in by hand and now the write in part is for people hittign clubs? I though GG had your point covered but maybe I'm missing it now

Ugh!

I also liked how P4B was walking around with things saying, try this, try that, this is awesome.....he was the only one who did that.

Ummm. No, I spent most of the day doing that very thing. I did not have time to visit with everybody due to questions and that is one of the reasons that we are breaking the demo day up into time slots next year

It's easy to get tunnel vision when you are at the demo. I missed stuff I wish I had tried both times. It happens. Nothing I worry about, though.

Um I did that too actually .....I see I made a lasting impression on people haha

the only pamplet I had was COBRA. As far as the notepad, I did not put it to best us, so, I will do better with that next year. Look, the notepad to me doesnt fix me not knowing whats there. thats why I said I would take the time to see whats there before hitting. I also liked how P4B was walking around with things saying, try this, try that, this is awesome.....he was the only one who did that.

Ugh!

Let me just say that we aren't trying to be rude or argumentative as I know it might seem because of how hard it is to tell tone. We are just trying to explain why certain things cannot be done exactly as requested but we will do our best to do them in some form.

We each had roles and jobs at the demo day...JB was standing under the tent answering questions for everyone, TC was helping people at the Launch monitor station, Hanks was helping me get all the paperwork together and keeping things organized and he was answering questions for people as well, and Puttin4Bird was walking up and down helping people. Maybe this is something we should note for next time and say ok this person is here to help with this and that person for that so that everyone can get their questions answered and be helped. We want to do whatever we can to make sure everyone enjoys themselves and is as well informed about the products as possible.

Ummm. No, I spent most of the day doing that very thing. I did not have time to visit with everybody due to questions and that is one of the reasons that we are breaking the demo day up into time slots next year

Um I did that too actually .....I see I made a lasting impression on people haha

ahhhh, it was the shots I took before demo day that just clouded my memory! I will leave these comments alone because look, I dont wanna hurt feelings!

We can wear peutrid yellow shirts that say 'STAFF' on the back. hehe

I can write things down on a list at midnight if needed but if I have 17 rum and cokes in me, just don't be mad if I can't spell Miyazaki correctly

Let me just say that we aren't trying to be rude or argumentative as I know it might seem because of how hard it is to tell tone. We are just trying to explain why certain things cannot be done exactly as requested but we will do our best to do them in some form.

We each had roles and jobs at the demo day...JB was standing under the tent answering questions for everyone, TC was helping people at the Launch monitor station, Hanks was helping me get all the paperwork together and keeping things organized and he was answering questions for people as well, and Puttin4Bird was walking up and down helping people. Maybe this is something we should note for next time and say ok this person is here to help with this and that person for that so that everyone can get their questions answered and be helped. We want to do whatever we can to make sure everyone enjoys themselves and is as well informed about the products as possible.

no feelings hut at all. I/we just wanted to let it be known that we were doing that very thing...some people wanted to talk, ask questions and some just wanted to hit. A full demo day will cure a lot of these 'issues' I bet
ahhhh, it was the shots I took before demo day that just clouded my memory! I will leave these comments alone because look, I dont wanna hurt feelings!

Back