2012 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am Thread (Spoilers)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
da-points_t640.jpg

The PGA Tour makes its annual trip to the Monterey Peninsula this week for the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. In last year's tournament, the Cinderella story came true, with D.A. Points winning his first PGA Tour event, along with Points and Bill Murray winning the Pro-Am portion of the tournament. Points and Murray are back this year to defend their titles against a strong field which includes past champions such as Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, and Dustin Johnson. Here is the link to the full field: http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r005/field.html

The other major part of this tournament is the Pro-Am portion, where every professional is paired up with 1 amateur for the first 3 rounds. The top 25 teams make the cut and play Pebble Beach on Sunday. Here is a list of the notable names of the amateurs in this year's field:
Anthony Anderson, Actor
Harris Barton, Former professional football
Bill Belichick, Head Coach, Patriots
Chris Berman, Sports Analyst
Lucas Black, Actor
Michael Bolton, Entertainer
Matt Cain, San Francisco Giants
Don Cheadle, Actor
Eric Close, Actor
Jeffrey Donovan, Actor
Tom Dreesen, Comedian
Clyde Drexler, Former professional basketball
Josh Duhamel, Actor
Herman Edwards, Former Professional Football
Jackie Flynn, Comedian
Kenny G, Musician
Andy Garcia, Actor
Jim Harbaugh, Head Coach, 49ers
Oliver Hudson, Actor
Huey Lewis, Musician
George Lopez, Comedian/Actor
Bill Murray, Actor
Chris O’Donnell, Actor
Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
Ray Romano, Actor
Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
Darius Rucker, Musician
Nick Saban, Head Coach, University of Alabama
Bob Stoops, Head Coach, University of Oklahoma
TobyMac, Musician
Clay Walker, Musician

This is another tournament where multiple courses are used, as players rotate between 3 different courses for the first 3 rounds: Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill, and Monterey Peninsula Shore Course. For those playing fantasy golf, this means that the cut is made after the 3rd round on SATURDAY, not the normal cut after play on Friday.

TV Times for this tournament are listed below:
Thu, 2/9: GOLF 3p - 6p ET
Fri, 2/10: GOLF 3p - 6p ET
Sat, 2/11: CBS 3p - 6p ET
Sun, 2/12: CBS 3p - 6:30p ET

So who does everyone like to win this week? I'll start by saying that I think Tiger and Phil both finish in the top-10, but do not win. I'll take Dustin Johnson to take his 3rd title at Pebble Beach.

Crazy week ahead with the Pro-Am and TW in the field.

Can anyone not take TW here in the fantasy challenge? Even if not winning, he is getting into Sunday contention consistently since his last return. Long season though but I think this is where it all really starts as we move towards Masters prep and more big names joining each week.

Tigers even a good bet to have on the bench but not start so you can grab bonus points.

Who's Darius Rucker playing with? He's the man.

Gotta love that pic of Murray. Still funny after all these years.

And Cookie - you read my mind about Eldrick. He's been in contention and has been steady. Don't think he wins, but he could get someone a lot of points this week.

I think TW will be a popular pick this week. Good mojo on these tracks with some low numbers.

ugh...no he's not. His act is tired and old. The Golf Boys are funnier and that's saying a lot

Gotta love that pic of Murray. Still funny after all these years.

I think TW will be a popular pick this week. Good mojo on these tracks with some low numbers.

I reckon I agree. Tiger will be on my team too as long as cookie agrees that he's a good pick.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Ary - I love how you had this up first thing Monday morning! Nice Work!

I am really looking forward to Tiger's first PGA Tour event this year. I think he has shown a lot of great progress over the past few months, and it's only a matter of time before it all comes together for 4 rounds. He will absolutely be starting for me this week - even though I just read an article that says he hasn't played this event in a decade. For some reason that doesn't sound right to me, but I'm sure it is. Crazy!

I agree about TW, he should garner a lot of points for everyone picking him, Pebble Beach and TW go hand in hand.

I agree about TW, he should garner a lot of points for everyone picking him, Pebble Beach and TW go hand in hand.
Yes they do, curious how many people will have him in play this weekend.

Spoiler
I will

Can I pick Saban and Stoops for fantasy golf?

Really looking forward to this tournament this week. I enjoy watching it every year because of the celebrities, but I am more interested this year because of Tiger's recent game improvement and the fact that he usually plays Pebble Beach pretty well. Can't wait for this one to start. It will be interesting to see him playing with Romo.

Romo is a decent golfer too, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tiger and Romo win the pro-am portion.

Romo is a decent golfer too, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tiger and Romo win the pro-am portion.

He has had plenty of time to practice lately too. HAHAHA

I'll try to put up some information on the pairings of amateurs with pros when the information gets out there. We all know that Romo is playing with Tiger, and Bill Murray will play with D.A. Points again. Nick Saban will also be paired up with Bud Cauley, who played his college golf at Alabama.

ugh...no he's not. His act is tired and old. The Golf Boys are funnier and that's saying a lot

Agreed. This event gets old fast for me with so much Murray coverage.

I laughed while reading the amateurs. Apparently they're all sporting equipment! ;)

"Harris Barton, Former professional football "

I like Watney for the win this weekend. I believe that Cauley will do very well. I think Tiger will be in the top 10, and Phil won't.

I agree that Tigger will do well this week. However, I'm not going to pick him, or even put him on the bench. I'll be too tempted to play him, and I think his best is still ahead of him. I don't want to waste a start here when I think that he will have some dominating performances later in the season. Will this strategy work? Since it's me, I doubt it. Still worth a try. Good luck to everyone this week!

Excited for this event. Hoping Tony can win this with Tigger

Excited for this event. Hoping Tony can win this with Tigger

Dude they got this. Bill Murray can take his tired schtick and go home. Romosexuals unite!

Lol at romosexual

Tigers even a good bet to have on the bench but not start so you can grab bonus points.

Who's Darius Rucker playing with? He's the man.
You do know that you have to start someone for at least one round to pick up any of their bonus points?

Aaron Rodgers had said on the radio last week he wasn't sure, but thought he would be playing with Mark Wilson. I expect Rodgers to win the tournament. Not just the pro-am, but the entire tournament. He's an MVP.

Kevin

Aaron Rodgers had said on the radio last week he wasn't sure, but thought he would be playing with Mark Wilson. I expect Rodgers to win the tournament. Not just the pro-am, but the entire tournament. He's an MVP.

Kevin

Please. Rodgers was too busy playing football. Romo has this one locked up. At least until the 4th round

Back