2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

Love shots like that, Danny!

I didn't have many Mashie shots tonight, but the couple I had were so-so. Sort of the same as everything else in the bag I guess. Just couldn't get much going. Did hit a fairway on a short par 4 with a high draw and then yanked an M5 a little short/left of a green.

O.k guys I received my M4+ this morning and of course I just had to play today in a light rain and 15 mph wind gusting to 20 but I just had to try it!
First impression was the un-boxing, Golf_R_Us did an awesome job. The head cover was on the club and still had it's tags and it was wrapped in plastic then surrounded by bubble wrap and air pillows for support throughout the box.
I was scared the head would be to light like some I have felt but WHOA it has some weight to it!
It does seemed closed a bit and allot offset but not terribly IMHO.
Got to the course and hit hole number 1 right away. Decent drive so I said what the heck 210 out with about 5-10mph cross wind left to right. I tried not to muscle it and just see what the club had. This thing came screaming off the face with a piercing flight and dropped 5 yards behind the pin to the right.
Next shot with it was 195 with wind right to left slightly in my face, this time it had a higher flight and a draw (which I never hit a draw before) and landed on the front and released about 4 feet from the ball mark.
I am really liking this club I am definitely grabbing a M3 and M5 very soon.
Shot of the day with it was playing 2 balls on 18 coming in with the wind at my back. 228 yards to the pin, I would usually hit a 5 wood but said what the heck. First shot I hit terrible and topped it the 2nd however was magical. This ball launched like no other with about a 5 yard draw and buried itself 3 feet from the pin.
Thanks to everyone here for turning me on to these clubs, simply the best feeling fairway strikes I have ever had, the ball feels like butter coming off!

Good stuff man, best hybrid I've ever played. You're dead right about the heft of the club, not overly heavy but you sure get a good solid feeling from it. The keel and rails flatout work, plain and simple.

Here is a shot from my M5 today, off the tee on a par 3.

uploadfromtaptalk1350172480043.jpg

Just did some searching. I don't think they make the M5 in Left Handed very disappointing. If I had searched more before buying the M4 I probably wouldn't have gotten it, i would at least like to have my hybrids match:(:angry:

Big gap to your next iron?

I'm just gonna have to learn to throttle the M4 back because I just did a search for 26+ degree hybrids and they are far and few between for lefties. My 6 iron only hits about 165 if I nut it. Gonna hit the range tomorrow and get it figured out though. I really shouldn't complain because that M4 is really nice.

Buy another and chop the shaft :act-up:

The M5 is nice, so that's a bummer. Choking down might work for you. I used to do that when I only carried one hybrid.

Yah being left handed is proving to be as much as a handicap as my poor iron play.

Happy to help Frank. I think a lot of times us golfers get too mental as it comes to setup and we have to not over think things.

Just caught this in the thread.

I'm thinking of jumping on the Mashie bandwagon, too. I hit the 2011 Mashie @ Golfsmith earlier this year, and it was not flying straight, and I was too rushed to try and figure it out on my own.

Is there something obvious in the setup that I should compensate for?

I don't know if I've ever had success with them on a mat, for what it's worth.

I'm thinking of jumping on the Mashie bandwagon, too. I hit the 2011 Mashie @ Golfsmith earlier this year, and it was not flying straight, and I was too rushed to try and figure it out on my own.

2012 Mashie 3x better than then 2011 mashie for me. I didnt see NEAR the amount of offline shots (mostly left) I saw with the 2011 M3

I was setting up really closed, and then hooking like crazy.

I hit a natural fade so the mashie+ was perfect,I hit it dead straight or with a slight draw. It is offset by quite a bit and it does look very closed at address but I love it:bananadance:

I didn't used the M4 many times today but the 2 times I did, I hit the exact shot that I wanted. I'm loving this club, more and more. Long and straight. Just feels great, too.

Any thoughts of adding another or are you happy with your set up, Frank?

Any thoughts of adding another or are you happy with your set up, Frank?

Super content right now Hawk. I only had to hit the Black 5i once today. It was 170 uphill and a crushed a 5 iron that landed on the back of the green. I think I'll keep it. The irons are treating me well.

I'd keep it that way too if that's the case! I'm such a Mashie homer right now. Practice session tonight had me hitting them straight again. No smother hooks, so I'm a happy camper.

Frank, what kind of distance difference do you see from the F7 and the M4?

I just put the M4 back in the back a few weeks ago in favour of the F7.

For me, the M3 and F7 were very close in distance.

Frank, what kind of distance difference do you see from the F7 and the M4?

I just put the M4 back in the back a few weeks ago in favour of the F7.

I hit the 7 further than the m4. 190 with the 7 and high 170s-180 with the m4.

For me, the M3 and F7 were very close in distance.
I am pretty close with the M4 and F7, maybe 5 yards, not much of a gap though. I just find that I prefer the hybrid in certain situations, for sure. I LOVED hitting the F7 off the tee though, but like having a hybo in the bag for 2nd shots on Par 5s and longer Par 3s.

I'm just more of a hybrid guy when it comes to that gap it seems. It's a nice club though.

The F7 off the deck is way more consistent for me than hybrids have been.

Hotled good to hear you like the M4 mashie hybrid, have you thought about marking your M4 about 3/4" down the shaft and try hitting it to see if it gives you about 12-15 yard gap, heck you could even have two are three marks for different distances or for a lower ball flight.
Who knows it might work and it would be nice to have confidence in one club that covers several distances.

Back