2012 Project X PXi Iron Shafts

Nice pix TC. I don't have the urge to be a southpaw very often but I would love to take a rip with those beauties. How do you think they compare as far as feel goes to the KBS tours and what kind of ball flight are you seeing?

I typically equate sound with feel man, so these to me just feel solid. I think they're a very smooth feeling shaft. I haven't hit KBS Tours in a while so it's hard to try to recollect. I guess when hit flush both feel about the same to me.

I'm seeing a nice ball flight. I would characterize it as mid to high. I don't have much of a problem getting a ball up in the air, but what I really like is that with these I can really flight the ball lower if I want/need to. It's nice when I'm in that yardage where I don't need a full swing.

Do you think they play stouter than some of the other lighter weight shafts you've played in the last couple years? I know it's not really apples to apples since you have the 6.0's, but I'm still curious. I was a little surprised how stiff the flighted 5.5's felt in the higher lofted irons.

Every time I see these shafts I want them! I am gonna get my hands on a demo club with them in it and see what I think

Every time I see these shafts I want them! I am gonna get my hands on a demo club with them in it and see what I think

if they were an option for us in the J40's, I would have gone this direction.

Do you think they play stouter than some of the other lighter weight shafts you've played in the last couple years? I know it's not really apples to apples since you have the 6.0's, but I'm still curious. I was a little surprised how stiff the flighted 5.5's felt in the higher lofted irons.

Maybe Hawk. I'm not sure yet to be honest. I played yesterday and not once was I feeling like they were too much. In fact, I actually found that if I focused to put a smooth, even keeled swing on it that I saw much better results than trying to 'over-power' them.

Part of me will always wonder how these would have worked, but oh well. I'm happy with what I picked, but these continue to be really interesting to me. The fact that you can keep a tight dispersion in a lighter weight is just really attractive.

Part of me will always wonder how these would have worked, but oh well. I'm happy with what I picked, but these continue to be really interesting to me. The fact that you can keep a tight dispersion in a lighter weight is just really attractive.

Yup. You'll always be wondering dude.

TC do you feel like the PXi's have a higher ball flight than PX? I feel like I'm seeing a much higher flight with these.

Like the others have mentioned, I have the PXi 6.0's in my 588 CB irons. Now, I've only had them for about a week so I don't have a whole lot of time under my belt with them. I chose them for a couple of reasons though. First off, the weight. I was fit for KBS tours in Xstiff with the PX 6.0 non flighted cominng in second place. I had a set of irons with the KBS T's in them and truthfully, as much as I like them, I hated having a 130g iron shaft. Way to tough for me to utilize when I got tired or lazy.

The PXi's offer the performance that Project X shafts have provided but in a light weight package. The 6.0's are 112 grams which is right around what I prefer.

Here's what I can tell you based on my limited time with them: they are very responsive. They work well with an aggressive move and can be effective if you need to hit those 'touch' type shots. They feel great to me. Very smooth and not harsh. Some may disagree but it is what it is. Lastly, they look fantastic in my irons.

Here's a couple of pics for you

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

how much higher are we talking CL?

It's surprised me as well. When I first started hitting them I was taking my usual easy swing. Ball flight was typical PX. I then started trying to "ramp" up the swing a bit since some lessons. The ball flight with these just took off. I've really come to love these shafts. In fact I have taken some swings with the KBS tours since, and I think I prefer the PXi!

Do you like the feel better than the KBS, or is it more weight and ballflight?

I'm not really sure chunky. The KBS shafts I had were the xstiff and these are 6.0's so I'm not sure if its a good comparison. Its also been a while since I had KBS Tours. I don't think I hit these overly high that's for sure, and truthfully, as long as I get the carry distances I am seeing I'm not sure I'll worry about it too much. But what I really like is how easily I can flight these lower than other shaft/head combos I've had in the past.

Do you like the feel better than the KBS, or is it more weight and ballflight?

I want to start off by saying that I love everything about KBS. Felt like they were perfect. Now I am thinking the PXi are even better in all aspects. I love the feel but I still think KBS is better strictly in terms of how it feels hitting the ball. But the PXi feel darn good. But the results I see with the PXi are incredible. Plus the lower weight is fantastic. I didn't think anything of it until I started hitting some irons with KBS in them. Those are heavy!

I find the PXi a very easy shaft to flight as well. It can go high as a kite on a full swing. But take just a little off and the ball comes down quickly. Just a great shaft.

I'm not really sure chunky. The KBS shafts I had were the xstiff and these are 6.0's so I'm not sure if its a good comparison. Its also been a while since I had KBS Tours. I don't think I hit these overly high that's for sure, and truthfully, as long as I get the carry distances I am seeing I'm not sure I'll worry about it too much. But what I really like is how easily I can flight these lower than other shaft/head combos I've had in the past.

I think we are seeing the same stuff. I just replied to Dean with kind of the same thoughts

I'm not sure if these would be for me if they launch higher than the KBS. I am very interested to try these sometime but that kinda disappoints me I thought they'd be lower

I'm not sure if these would be for me if they launch higher than the KBS. I am very interested to try these sometime but that kinda disappoints me I thought they'd be lower

just interested, do you think the PX flighted flies higher than the KBS Tour?

I'm not certain that they do.

Man I love the look of these shafts. Especially when they are on the right side of the ball :alien:

Ive gone back through and read this thread a time or two, and have to say that I like what I have read. I am quite intrigued by these shafts, and think they would be phenomenal paired with the DPCs.

That, plus Dufner plays them. I kid, kind of...

Ive gone back through and read this thread a time or two, and have to say that I like what I have read. I am quite intrigued by these shafts, and think they would be phenomenal paired with the DPCs.

That, plus Dufner plays them. I kid, kind of...

If these were and option I think I would have went this route. The lighter weight has my attention for sure.

If these were and option I think I would have went this route. The lighter weight has my attention for sure.
It's intriguing to me as well. I like the PX flighted I have in them now, and it will be interesting to see what happens when I go from the 115g in the PX flighted to the 102g in the Tour 90. Depending on the differences I see, the Pxi being at 108g could be a happy medium. But then again, I could be overthinking it.

It's intriguing to me as well. I like the PX flighted I have in them now, and it will be interesting to see what happens when I go from the 115g in the PX flighted to the 102g in the Tour 90. Depending on the differences I see, the Pxi being at 108g could be a happy medium. But then again, I could be overthinking it.

I sure we are overthinking it but the again when do we not.

Back