2012 Project X PXi Iron Shafts

I loved the PXi 6.0 in my old DPCs. I had forgotten about those.

Was fit into these gems this week at the ECPC for #TheGrandaddy and the numbers I saw were freaking phenomenal, the jump I got from the other shafts my fitter tried was substantial.

Funnier yet, I just did the TT/PX "ShaftFit" on their site and, yep, PXi 6.5's. Fantastic.

I just used the online tool and got the same recommendation 6.5 pxi. Are you still using these and are you still enjoying them or is the KBS review taking up your time.

I just used the online tool and got the same recommendation 6.5 pxi. Are you still using these and are you still enjoying them or is the KBS review taking up your time.

Yep, still playing. I'm reviewing the FLTD but these are NOT coming out of my CF16's. I'm loving them, I get a hell of a nice (read: high) ball flight out of them and the dispersion has been silly good so far.

Yep, still playing. I'm reviewing the FLTD but these are NOT coming out of my CF16's. I'm loving them, I get a hell of a nice (read: high) ball flight out of them and the dispersion has been silly good so far.

your success with these have had me on ponder mode for a few weeks. Really liked these in the X-Forged and just kind of forgot about them

your success with these have had me on ponder mode for a few weeks. Really liked these in the X-Forged and just kind of forgot about them
I'm a huge fan of these shafts as well. I played them for most of last year until I was fit into the steel fibers. Great feel and amazing ball flight. If I couldn't afford steel fibers, I'd definitely go with the PXi.

I have these in my 714's ... love'em! Great ball flight! Have yet to find anything comparable IMHO ... but I am biased I guess

PXi vs PX

PXi vs PX

For information purposes shaft profile of the PXi 6.0 is very close to the PX 5.0 with the PX having a slightly stiffer lower half and tip.
PXi 6.0. 216 258 308 391 536 895. Butt 302. 113g
PX 5.0. 216 257 316 404 564 927. Butt 302. 113g

Source : Wishon Shaft Profile software

Bought a set of new Cally X forged last summer as Golftown had em on clearance new for about 280$ US. They hav Pxi 6.0 shafts.
I normally play Kbs tour in R+ or stiff no problem.
Find with these I lose fzir bit of distance unless I step on them. Don't think I load the shaft enough.
Since I don't play the 3 iron and rarely the 4 was thinking of soft stepping them.
How much softer would they play soft stepping 1x or 2x? Can I get them close to 5.5?

Pxi was a shaft I should have gotten along with. From the online tool to the Mjzuno optimized to a couple fitters...they all suggested the pxi.

I found a combo set of tm mb and mgs with the pxis for $300 including the bag a few years ago. They were only used one season by a head pro. I was pumped....until I played with them...

I was in shock...I hit balls sooo far left it was scary...and with every club in the bag. I was 20 yards left of the green with the pw....and I'm a +3. Could NOT for the life of me hit a good shot with these. In a month I still remember hitting one good 7 iron into a par 5, and that was IT.

Ended up selling them and using the tidY profit to get fitted for my Ping i irons with the modus 105. In the interim I went back to my eye 2 coppers and was fine.

God knows what was up with me and the pxi.

Back