2012 Project X PXi Iron Shafts

Totally agree. I think I gave up on the CFS too early, even if I just need validation on the KBS' at this point - wasn't a stock shaft snob about it as I had already heard they were good; I just hit half a dozen shafts to warm up and narrowed it to 3 for the Trackman based on the Ping guy's suggestion. We have another Ping demo day this weekend and I definitely plan to take my new 7i and compare numbers to the CFS and (hopefully) the PXi

I bet you were tempted to rock those i20's w/ that CFS shaft. It weighs in at 109grams in stiff flex, which is about on par with the PXi 5.5's. Super intriguing.

Totally agree. I think I gave up on the CFS too early, even if I just need validation on the KBS' at this point - wasn't a stock shaft snob about it as I had already heard they were good; I just hit half a dozen shafts to warm up and narrowed it to 3 for the Trackman based on the Ping guy's suggestion. We have another Ping demo day this weekend and I definitely plan to take my new 7i and compare numbers to the CFS and (hopefully) the PXi

That's awesome that you are going to go back and rock out a comparison. There's nothing wrong with liking what you like though bro! Nothing at all. I have lots of methods to my madness though, and I'm slicker than most people think. A lot of my Morgan Cup prep is playing like iron/shaft combo's to what I want to order for the actual event.

That was tomahawks fault in another thread, I thought he dropped a nugget but now he's claiming his finger slipped.

That was tomahawks fault in another thread, I thought he dropped a nugget but now he's claiming his finger slipped.

you pacific NW guys

Awesome! Thanks hawk. Well, after looking through it, the only Nippon option is the 950, which means I'm almost certain I'll be getting the PXi's now.

I just might too. I'd sure like to try them first, but there is a slight chance I'm overthinking it. Could make for some good info for the readers. There isn't a ton out there on these shafts (or the irons) yet.

After reading what little I could on these shafts I'm thinking about puting one in my 3i and giving it a go. I really liked the PX shafts when I had my fitting but I thought they were a bit heavy.

mmmm, got to demo an i20 7iron w/ the PXi 5.5 shaft and I really like what I felt and saw. These will be the motor inside some 588 CB's! Saw about a 2mph increase in ball speed and about 2* less launch angle average. All that equated to about a 4 yard increase in carry distance when comparing to the stock CFS shaft in the i20.

I like to hear that. How'd they feel to you compared to say the KBS Tours?

mmmm, got to demo an i20 7iron w/ the PXi 5.5 shaft and I really like what I felt and saw. These will be the motor inside some 588 CB's! Saw about a 2mph increase in ball speed and about 2* less launch angle average. All that equated to about a 4 yard increase in carry distance when comparing to the stock CFS shaft in the i20.

That's awesome dude! What did you think about the weight compared to other PX shafts you've tried? Did you notice it felt softer in the butt end at all?

I put these up against the stock CFS in the i20's last night. Night and day difference for me and I much preferred the PXi. Higher ballflight and more distance. Better feel as well. This might be my new shaft over the KBS

I put these up against the stock CFS in the i20's last night. Night and day difference for me and I much preferred the PXi. Higher ballflight and more distance. Better feel as well. This might be my new shaft over the KBS

I really want these shafts. I like the PX line, but these offer PX performance and lighter weight. I'm sold. Plus they look fantastic

That's awesome dude! What did you think about the weight compared to other PX shafts you've tried? Did you notice it felt softer in the butt end at all?

The only other PX shaft I've tried is the flighted 6.0. I didn't mind it mind you but if you want lighter weight, the PXi is the ticket. I'm not so sure if I could notice a big difference in it being softer in my hands to be honest. I think a lot of that has to do with the golf ball and that kind of feedback for me. It felt quite nice, although, unlike chunky, I prefer the feel of the CFS over the PXi, but it's not horrible either. It definitely feels a little bit less rigid than the OG PX steel shafts.

I was mostly encouraged by the increase in ball speed TourMex. I like going from a 117mph avg to almost 120mph. That to me is a game changer.

The only other PX shaft I've tried is the flighted 6.0. I didn't mind it mind you but if you want lighter weight, the PXi is the ticket. I'm not so sure if I could notice a big difference in it being softer in my hands to be honest. I think a lot of that has to do with the golf ball and that kind of feedback for me. It felt quite nice, although, unlike chunky, I prefer the feel of the CFS over the PXi, but it's not horrible either. It definitely feels a little bit less rigid than the OG PX steel shafts.

I was mostly encouraged by the increase in ball speed TourMex. I like going from a 117mph avg to almost 120mph. That to me is a game changer.

LOL at the bolded... it makes me chuckle!

That is pretty big dude. I'm trying to sneak out of work to go to my ping fitting today and I'll have ot put these on the have to try list. I do like the feel of the CFS though and am a little weary of a slightly more rigid feel. Really like to feel that shaft working. But man.. more ballspeed and longer carry would be a huge plus. Glad you found the shaft dude. I also like the fact your in 5.5, makes me even more positive the 5.0 is right for me.

Yep...the 5.5 in the PXi plays more like a Stiff flex, the 5.0 should be more like a R+ flex. Looking forward to hearing how it goes down for TourMex today!

Yep...the 5.5 in the PXi plays more like a Stiff flex, the 5.0 should be more like a R+ flex. Looking forward to hearing how it goes down for TourMex today!

Thanks dude. I was glad you're finally able to get some swings in with these. I think we look for similar things in shafts. Chunky brough the pain with feedback too. I just dont like the rigid PX feel... although the 5.0 really felt awesome ins teel when I tried it.

Thanks dude. I was glad you're finally able to get some swings in with these. I think we look for similar things in shafts. Chunky brough the pain with feedback too. I just dont like the rigid PX feel... although the 5.0 really felt awesome ins teel when I tried it.

Feel is just so darn subjective Tmex. We all like different balls, grips, gloves, and I think all that plays a role buddy.

May be a dumb question, but I need to ask. I hear a lot of interest in this being a lighter weight offering from PX. I understand the benefits (easier to swing without getting tired, higher swing speeds are possible, etc). Are there potential negatives to the lighter weight and what are they? Not just for you personally (though I'm interested in that too), but in a general sense as well.

Feel is just so darn subjective Tmex. We all like different balls, grips, gloves, and I think all that plays a role buddy.

Sure does dude. Usually as long as I see thin topline and maximum workability Im good HAHAHA.

May be a dumb question, but I need to ask. I hear a lot of interest in this being a lighter weight offering from PX. I understand the benefits (easier to swing without getting tired, higher swing speeds are possible, etc). Are there potential negatives to the lighter weight and what are they? Not just for you personally (though I'm interested in that too), but in a general sense as well.

I think it becomes more important than ever to make sure you have the right flex when going with lighter weight. Now, this isn't necessarily the best example (like going from S300's to PX Graphite shafts like old deano wants to do) b/c there isn't near the gap in weight difference. However, I think finding the right flex is important b/c you don't want your hands out racing the golf club, which can happen to me with lighter weight stuff (like the SL drivers from Cleveland). I struggled hardcore with those, but at the time I was swinging a R9 with a 72X Kusala Black. I had become so accustomed to that driver that making that switch was just horrible. I believe with time to prepare and adjust I would be ok but on a range in Florida I know my hands were getting way out in front of the golf club, and ball, that it caused some awesome banana slices.

I would imagine there are, just like the negatives with a light driver shaft. I would imagine a lighter shaft could cause you to get too fast with your swing, esp at the top and then just throw it out of whack. That'd be my guess at least.

Thanks, that makes good sense. These actually are pretty close in weight to what I have right now, if I recall. I don't know why, but I'm really drawn to them right now. Doesn't hurt that those of you that have hit them are enjoying the results.

Thanks, that makes good sense. These actually are pretty close in weight to what I have right now, if I recall. I don't know why, but I'm really drawn to them right now. Doesn't hurt that those of you that have hit them are enjoying the results.

Yep...the 5.5's (i'm assuming that's what you'd want) are 2grams lighter than your KBS Tours dude. But they'll perform totally different just b/c of the flex. Why do you think I went with the stock CFS shafts in my i20's bro? Almost identical weight to the PXi 5.5. I'm methodical about everything hawkster.

I didn't even realize that. You are getting all sorts of prepared with that set up then. I do believe I'd stick with the 5.5 if I went that route, especially b/c of the stronger lofts I'm going to have.

I didn't even realize that. You are getting all sorts of prepared with that set up then. I do believe I'd stick with the 5.5 if I went that route, especially b/c of the stronger lofts I'm going to have.

Yep....that's the plan broski. Prep work. The i20 lofts are 1* stronger than the CB's :p

Back