2012 Project X PXi Iron Shafts

No dumb question on THP.

Going from a smaller shaft to a larger opening, most will use a shim (small brass object to make it fit).
Going from larger shaft to smaller opening presents a larger challenge where you would need to trim down the shaft or open up the hosel.

In this case you should be good and most club builders could do this for you.

Ended up with these coming away the winner yesterday during my Titleist fitting. I did not expect it at all, I love my KBS Tours and expected to walk away with a similar setup for the AP1's, but it wasn't the marriage for the long term. With the AP1 head, the KBS Tour stiff launched slightly high at around 20-22* with a 6i, but the spin was low and in the 4000's. So randomly, the fitter hands me the PXi 5.5. I took a look and didn't expect much as I was not a fan, nor did I get along with the original Project X series. Anyways, first swing saw spin climb to 5600 and launch at 18*, basically ideal numbers for a 6i according to the fitter. We tried it in the AP2 and my spin climbed even more, but I wanted to the extra forgiveness of the AP1's over the long term.

Anyways, did not expect to like these and ended up loving the numbers.

Ended up with these coming away the winner yesterday during my Titleist fitting. I did not expect it at all, I love my KBS Tours and expected to walk away with a similar setup for the AP1's, but it wasn't the marriage for the long term. With the AP1 head, the KBS Tour stiff launched slightly high at around 20-22* with a 6i, but the spin was low and in the 4000's. So randomly, the fitter hands me the PXi 5.5. I took a look and didn't expect much as I was not a fan, nor did I get along with the original Project X series. Anyways, first swing saw spin climb to 5600 and launch at 18*, basically ideal numbers for a 6i according to the fitter. We tried it in the AP2 and my spin climbed even more, but I wanted to the extra forgiveness of the AP1's over the long term.

Anyways, did not expect to like these and ended up loving the numbers.

You're going to love these!!! These shafts have had the biggest effect on my game this year! I have them in my irons and wedges and I don't ever want another shaft. Feel, release, weight, etc, all just great!!!! Enjoy!

I was looking for the 3 iron of my 4-W1 set of 714 AP1's that came with the XP95, the one I found came with a Pxi 5.5 shaft on it and I love it. Not sure if is the fact that is not regular nor stiff or what but I love the feel.

I'm very tempted to get the shaft in the rest of the irons, I don't know if is really going to make a difference in my game. Can it really be longer?

Anyone still using these? Is the enjoyment level still there like it was at the start of the thread or have you moved on and found something you enjoy more.

Any comparisons to KBS c-tapers in terms of how smooth they compare and how they each load?

Anyone still using these? Is the enjoyment level still there like it was at the start of the thread or have you moved on and found something you enjoy more.

Any comparisons to KBS c-tapers in terms of how smooth they compare and how they each load?

I'm still using them, switched from KBS Tour in mid-2013 and haven't looked back.

I haven't hit C-Taper shafts all that much, but would assume that C-Taper shafts will have lower launch and spin than the PXi shafts.

I'm still using them, switched from KBS Tour in mid-2013 and haven't looked back.

I haven't hit C-Taper shafts all that much, but would assume that C-Taper shafts will have lower launch and spin than the PXi shafts.

I guess it says something if they are traveling to different sets. How do you think they would handle a quick transition at the top of the swing?

I guess it says something if they are traveling to different sets. How do you think they would handle a quick transition at the top of the swing?

I tend to be more of a swinger than hitter, but I think these would hold up to a quicker transition as well.

Switched go them this year from KBS Tour. Still love them. Quite different from C-Tapers in my opinion. My spin and launch are higher with PXi.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've still got these in 6.0 in my DPC's which I hit from time to time and I love them.

When I was fit for my AP1's the PXi 5.5 and the Dynalite Gold XP R300 gave me almost identical numbers consistently so I went with the DG's just because they were no upcharge for me at the time. There's no denying the PXi look way better though, so deadly.

Going for my first true iron shaft fitting tomorrow and these are on my list of ones to try. Never got along with regular Project x's but the more I read about the PXis, the more intrigued I get.

Going for my first true iron shaft fitting tomorrow and these are on my list of ones to try. Never got along with regular Project x's but the more I read about the PXis, the more intrigued I get.

These were shafts I almost got in my MC irons. I couldn't find them on a fitting cart anywhere though. Interested to hear your thoughts, though I couldn't be happier with what I ended up with.

These were shafts I almost got in my MC irons. I couldn't find them on a fitting cart anywhere though. Interested to hear your thoughts, though I couldn't be happier with what I ended up with.
What did you end up with again?

What did you end up with again?

KBS Tours. Ive never played them in a set I've owned but they were always among the best performers when I've been fit. So it was a safe choice. But the PXi were in the same weight range so those were intriguing to me.

Really liked the feel of these shafts, but in the end the KBS Tours just had a better launch and ball flight.

Ended up

Really liked the feel of these shafts, but in the end the KBS Tours just had a better launch and ball flight.

Ended up

By better do you mean higher?

Higher launch and lower spin. Reached its peak height faster yet and had a softer descent

Good stuff. PXi were higher spinning for me as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Was fit into these gems this week at the ECPC for #TheGrandaddy and the numbers I saw were freaking phenomenal, the jump I got from the other shafts my fitter tried was substantial.

Funnier yet, I just did the TT/PX "ShaftFit" on their site and, yep, PXi 6.5's. Fantastic.

Was fit into these gems this week at the ECPC for #TheGrandaddy and the numbers I saw were freaking phenomenal, the jump I got from the other shafts my fitter tried was substantial.

Funnier yet, I just did the TT/PX "ShaftFit" on their site and, yep, PXi 6.5's. Fantastic.

They know what they are doing over there at the ol ECPC it appears. Awesome they are working well for you!

Thats pretty cool, that's what they recommended for me on their site too but I chose 6.0 as it's what I liked in the PX.

What other shafts did you try and did your flight and/or spin change much from those to these? I am assuming by substantial your are referring to distance and dispersion?

Thats pretty cool, that's what they recommended for me on their site too but I chose 6.0 as it's what I liked in the PX.

What other shafts did you try and did your flight and/or spin change much from those to these? I am assuming by substantial your are referring to distance and dispersion?

PX 6.0, PX 6.5, Pxi 6.0, and Ctaper S were the others. Once the Pxi 6.5 went in through everything improved. Got a better launch and apex with the 6.5 as well as toning the spin down a bit. Yeah distance and dispersion showed substantial improvements too.

Sounds like everyone knows what they're talking about, then. I swung arydolphin's Apex with PXi 6.0 and it was a phenomenal combo. Definitely a shaft I'll put at the top of the list for testing next go-round, if I don't go graphite.

PX 6.0, PX 6.5, Pxi 6.0, and Ctaper S were the others. Once the Pxi 6.5 went in through everything improved. Got a better launch and apex with the 6.5 as well as toning the spin down a bit. Yeah distance and dispersion showed substantial improvements too.

I was tempted to try CTLs when demo'ing the apex cf 16 but was hitting the PX 6.0 good. The pxi 6.0 was my compromise instead of spending extra on recoils and I'm happy with these.

These almost seem to be a forgotten product but man did I enjoy them when I was testing a few clubs out over the years.

Back