2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
+2. I somehow missed that question and I would be completely interested. I have no clue what I'm looking for to be honest. I remember you telling me I need more spin and I always thought spin was BAD

Side spin vs back spun, huh? I could use some help in this aspect as well if not too late!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Side spin vs back spun, huh? I could use some help in this aspect as well if not too late!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I started my golf forum life somewhere else. All I ever read there was that you needed to kill spin. What I ended up with was an FT-9 with a speeder 757 shaft. Took 10 swings with that shaft and not one ball cleared 10 feet lol. I found this place and now actually get good advice

I started my golf forum life somewhere else. All I ever read there was that you needed to kill spin. What I ended up with was an FT-9 with a speeder 757 shaft. Took 10 swings with that shaft and not one ball cleared 10 feet lol. I found this place and now actually get good advice

Spin like anything can be good or bad depending on the golfer.
Its kind of like offset. For some reason, some places make people believe offset is bad and onset is good. Yet both of them do the exact same thing.
There is a reason that drivers are made in both low spin and high spin.

Here is a way to look at it. Have you ever noticed that SOOO many amateurs loved the SuperTri and hit it so well? Many times its because they were finally getting the spin they needed to get more carry.

Its kind of like offset. For some reason, some places make people believe offset is bad and onset is good. Yet both of them do the exact same thing.

Here is a way to look at it. Have you ever noticed that SOOO many amateurs loved the SuperTri and hit it so well? Many times its because they were finally getting the spin they needed to get more carry.

I LOVED the Supertri.

I LOVED the Supertri.

God I hated the supertri, I was hitting moon balls with it at the time I was playing with it. I would love to give it another try now.

God I hated the supertri, I was hitting moon balls with it at the time I was playing with it. I would love to give it another try now.

I had mine with a kai'li and absolutely loved it. Never should have gotten rid of it

I LOVED the Supertri.

I had mine with a kai'li and absolutely loved it. Never should have gotten rid of it

See, now that makes sense right? On the monitor with your 910 your spin was around 1600-1700 at the demo day. Then we switched to the SuperTri with a shaft that fit pretty well and you were right around 2750 for spin. Getting almost 20 yards of carry more.

Agreed. You need to find the right RPM number depending on your ball speed and launch angle. Fittings should helpe out in that aspect. Otherwise you may balloon it or not get enough height to carry it your max distance.

Eveeytime I go to gg my spin is like 3900 with launch like 17*. I don't know how accurate that is, but I'm sure the high launch is me staying back on my down swing

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

I loved the Supertri as well with the RIP in it, stock shaft i was ballooning everything

See, now that makes sense right? On the monitor with your 910 your spin was around 1600-1700 at the demo day. Then we switched to the SuperTri with a shaft that fit pretty well and you were right around 2750 for spin. Getting almost 20 yards of carry more.

Razr Hawk/Fubuki could be similar I would think

I didn't think the Hawk was that spinney of a driver. I think the Octane might be that for you. I really don't know though.

Maybe a different shaft in your 910 would get your spin up to around the 2700 mark like the Supertri, worth a shot

+2. I somehow missed that question and I would be completely interested. I have no clue what I'm looking for to be honest. I remember you telling me I need more spin and I always thought spin was BAD

+3 I'd be interested in knowing more about what to look for in a fitting also. Also, what some of the #'s from the launch monitor mean.

+3 I'd be interested in knowing more about what to look for in a fitting also. Also, what some of the #'s from the launch monitor mean.

Have to agree. Hopefully JB will allow me near him at the outing, and I'll get some time on the launch monitor to learn what I need out of a driver.

Just played the New course with some forum members and friends. The greens still have not healed but they still rolled great. The outing will be so much fun on this track. Videos and pictures to follow. JB came up with an great tee format which I believe got the most out of the course. We played whites on par fours and blues on par 5s and par 3s. I would think without adding the distance it played at 6400.

Kongfrontation

Just played the New course with some forum members and friends. The greens still have not healed but they still rolled great. The outing will be so much fun on this track. Videos and pictures to follow. JB came up with an great tee format which I believe got the most out of the course. We played whites on par fours and blues on par 5s and par 3s. I would think without adding the distance it played at 6400.

Kongfrontation

Thanks for the update! Interesting on the tees idea, 6400 is a good distance for a solid use of the entire bag. Hope you guys are having a blast!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Kongfrontation

Sounds like a lot of fun! I liked that course when I played it.

can't wait to see the pics i can't get enough pics of the course!

Woah that sounds awesome! So jealous of those of you going! Make sure to take lots of pics!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Woah that sounds awesome! So jealous of those of you going! Make sure to take lots of pics!

Have you checked out the 2011 outing pics and videos?

Have you checked out the 2011 outing pics and videos?

I have a bit now. Thanks for making me aware! I would still like to see pics of the Outing this year! :)

I have a bit now. Thanks for making me aware! I would still like to see pics of the Outing this year! :)

O you will get TONS of pics and video im sure

Thanks for the video! Never play anywhere nice enough to have valet & bag drop.....can't wait!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back