2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I went ahead and canceled my reservations so that someone can take full advantage of everything offered at the outing.
My back is still giving me trouble, and while I can play a round a week, I more than likely will not be able to handle a full demo day, and then rounds for consecutive days. I hope that everyone that attends has a great time (almost impossible not to have a great time).

That sucks Danilo, hope the back gets better, you dont think it will be better in 7 months?

That sucks Danilo, hope the back gets better, you dont think it will be better in 7 months?

It has been almost 1 year now since the accident, and it has improved very little in that time. As much as I like to be optimistic, it's hard to do when everything the doctors try lead to nothing.
I've had therapy for 4 months, it did nothing.
I'm taking 30mg of Flexiril (muscle relaxer) to sleep, and that only gets me 2-3 hours a night (5mg puts most people out for 8-10 hours) and that's also with Lidocane patches...
Everything the first doctor did and tested points to muscle causing the pain, and now the 2nd doctor says there is no way that it can be muscle cause 1 year later. I'll keep trying, and I'll still play my 2-3 rounds a month in hopes that doc 2 figures something out for me.

Well, I went ahead and canceled my reservations so that someone can take full advantage of everything offered at the outing.
My back is still giving me trouble, and while I can play a round a week, I more than likely will not be able to handle a full demo day, and then rounds for consecutive days. I hope that everyone that attends has a great time (almost impossible not to have a great time).

Dang Danilo, sorry to hear it buddy. You will me missed at the outing.

Wow that really stinks. I hope the new doctor can figure something out for you.

It has been almost 1 year now since the accident, and it has improved very little in that time. As much as I like to be optimistic, it's hard to do when everything the doctors try lead to nothing.
I'm taking 30mg of Flexiril (muscle relaxer) to sleep, and that only gets me 2-3 hours a night (5mg puts most people out for 8-10 hours) and that's also with Lidocane patches...
Everything the first doctor did and tested points to muscle causing the pain, and now the 2nd doctor says there is no way that it can be muscle cause 1 year later. I'll keep trying, and I'll still play my 2-3 rounds a month in hopes that doc 2 figures something out for me.

Ouch, sorry to hear that Danilo, hope you get better dude

Oh Danilio! That really sucks. We missed you this year and were looking forward to seeing you this year. Hopefully everything works out for you.

Sorry to hear about your medical problem Danilo! I hope you get some long term relief buddy so take it easy and work on the physical therapy.

Thanks guys. I'll keep trying to get better, and hopefully get better. Everyone better get some good reviews of all the gear at demo day!

Sorry to hear that Danilo! The back is nothing to screw around with! Take care and get well!!

Kongfrontation

Danilo, I am so sorry to hear this. I missed you last time and was looking forward to hanging out with you and Mia again. I hope your back improves my friend and I look forward to enjoying a round of golf with you again in the near future.

Tadashi, thanks for all the pics and videos, I am really looking forward to playing these courses in May ( and if possible sooner )

Danilo I can feel your pain. I went through 7 years of procedures and my back is still messed up. You are right about the Flexeril. Heavy stuff. Feel better man and hopefully we will see you in 2013!

I hate that for you Danilo, but I am seeing a doctor about my back now so I know how it is. I played 36 one day 2 weeks ago to see if I could do it and it felt fine. I played Wednesday morning and somehow forgot to take the prescribed medicine before playing and it has ached since. Not bad, but I am surely conscious of it. I know how the back can act up. I hope you get to make it in 2013. Good luck buddy.

Sorry to hear that Danilo. I really hope the new doctor can get it all figured out for you.

Last edited:
Damn Danilo that sucks, sorry to hear and get well soon.

Good stuff buddy, I loved the shot of the fairway when you spoke of the undulations and said there is really not a flat lie out there. Should be some kind of tough come May, but I can't wait to play there.

Good stuff buddy, I loved the shot of the fairway when you spoke of the undulations and said there is really not a flat lie out there. Should be some kind of tough come May, but I can't wait to play there.

I agree, I dont care if I choke and shoot a 100 I will still have fun! Its hard not to on a course like that around all the great people

Dang I hope you feel Better soon.

Thanks you all for the kind words. I do plan on making it to an outing in the future. I had a ton of fun the first time and hate to be missing out.

I agree, I dont care if I choke and shoot a 100 I will still have fun! Its hard not to on a course like that around all the great people

At the time of the 2010 outing my average score was about 105-110... I shot a 144 on the champion course and it was still one of the most fun rounds of golf I ever played!! There is no way to not have fun at these outings.

Thanks you all for the kind words. I do plan on making it to an outing in the future. I had a ton of fun the first time and hate to be missing out.

At the time of the 2010 outing my average score was about 105-110... I shot a 144 on the champion course and it was still one of the most fun rounds of golf I ever played!! There is no way to not have fun at these outings.

Sorry to hear you won't be making it Danilo. Based on your scoring in 2010, I'm now a little nervous about this outing.

Sorry to hear you won't be making it Danilo. Based on your scoring in 2010, I'm now a little nervous about this outing.

Thanks for all of the vids Tadashi; can't wait to get there myself!

On another subject, is there anything worse to hear on the first tee than "you may want to hit another one"? :D

Was that the same hole that OG has gotten so much ribbing for missing the FW on?

Tappin' from my iPad!

On another subject, is there anything worse to hear on the first tee than "you may want to hit another one"?

Not much... maybe the warning siren to pull you off the course?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back