2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I would buddy. I love the tradition of a links course, I love the ability to hit all kinds of shots on them. THey're just fun.

I think it's awesome that this resort has one like the one it has. It's incredible looking.

I like how Trump made a links course that even included Scottish sheep. I like the description of how to play a links course that I always hear when the pro's play them. I like all the bump and run type shots and keeping the ball low. A completely different kind of golf than I am used to.

I may have to come down there in say January and play these golf courses. As much as the North/South sounds awesome, the links course is tugging at my heart strings.

It is so beautiful you will not believe it. Pictures do not touch the condition this course is in. The fairways, sand, greens, etc. are all top notch! You guys are in for a real treat and the North/South is like eating cold Peach ice cream on a hot summer day. Your eyes light up from the sight, your bottom lip drops down and you go ahhhhhhhh man is that some good stuff :D

All this talk about winters makes me want to move south. Or to the west coast.

Having to put the clubs away from November to March sucks.

Which is why I'm currently job shopping south of the Mason Dixon Line...

I can't wait to play the courses at Cypress in May! The picts and the descriptions from GG, JB, Kellybo, Ole Gray are killing me today because I'm SO NOT WANTING TO WORK *(AC working fine but my heart just isn't in it)

Which is why I'm currently job shopping south of the Mason Dixon Line...

I can't wait to play the courses at Cypress in May! The picts and the descriptions from GG, JB, Kellybo, Ole Gray are killing me today because I'm SO NOT WANTING TO WORK *(AC working fine but my heart just isn't in it)

I have been seriously considering this as well.

me too! If I could find a company to sponsor me to work down south. I'd move in a heartbeat

If I ever start a company in the south, I will sponsor you!

Looking at some of these pics makes me want to play a few of the links courses over in NJ prior to the Outing....may be worth the trip over

Looking at some of these pics makes me want to play a few of the links courses over in NJ prior to the Outing....may be worth the trip over

Have you ever played Makefield Highlands? It is in Yardley, in Bucks County. It is really nice..

I'm sure we could put together a foursome if you ever wanted to play it..

All of y'all talking about moving south need to remember that JB has already completed his golf for the day. Here in mid Georgia we have been in the 90's 57 days already and in the 100's 6 times. High 90's today and the heat index is 110+ with heat advisory warnings till tomorrow afternoon. Great in the winter, but if the A/C were not workng today my wife and I would be checking into a motel. It's hot. :whew:

Have you ever played Makefield Highlands? It is in Yardley, in Bucks County. It is really nice..

I'd be down to drive and play with you just to get some practice in before attacking Cypress next year. Or you guys could come up here and play Longshore.

no, but that's closer than NJ down by AC though. that may be fun

come on down sista and get your links on!

I'd be down to drive and play with you just to get some practice in before attacking Cypress next year. Or you guys could come up here and play Longshore.

Guys lets try and keep this to the outing if we can and the courses involved rather than planning a getting together at other places. Thanks.

Spank did you not just live through our last winter. It was cold for about two months. I played in my rain gear (pants) Dec - Jan.

Tad, I'm originally from NJ and have plenty of built in cold protection. That being said it was the coldest winter we had since we moved down here.

No wonder you shot a 120

Haha... nice try CL. In actuality, I believe I outscored a couple of your precious TH players on both courses. Imagine that... and I didn't even qualify for the MC because of my handicap.

I'm definitely going to play Grand Cypress (New & N/S/E courses) a couple of times before the outing. I've always wanted to play it and now this gives me even more reason to do so.

I'm definitely going to play Grand Cypress (New & N/S/E courses) a couple of times before the outing. I've always wanted to play it and now this gives me even more reason to do so.

You will be glad you did. It is playing so well right now considering how into off season we are.

You will be glad you did. It is playing so well right now considering how into off season we are.

I've played Royal St Cloud already for a links style type course so it would be great to compare the new course to that. Just looking at the pics though the place looks immaculate (no burnouts, no visible signs of wear) for summer off season. Can't wait!

I've played Royal St Cloud already for a links style type course so it would be great to compare the new course to that. Just looking at the pics though the place looks immaculate (no burnouts, no visible signs of wear) for summer off season. Can't wait!

Played Royal St. Cloud 5 weeks ago. You will be in heaven with the layout of the New Course if you are a fan of St Andrews. Jack's take on it is special and the conditions being what they are, truly separates the courses.

We are working with the resort and courses on a few more things and then we will have some fun announcements about the outing coming up.

We are working with the resort and courses on a few more things and then we will have some fun announcements about the outing coming up.

Awesome, cant wait to hear whats in store for us

I kept looking at the huge fairways and just admired them. I could not believe how beautifully manicured the entire course was and you had to work real hard to find a bad lie!

I kept looking at the huge fairways and just admired them. I could not believe how beautifully manicured the entire course was and you had to work real hard to find a bad lie!

Activate Ole Gray Voice

My heart was pumping and my hound dog was singing. I was nervous as a hen sucking on a corn cob and missed that giant grass farm on the 1st tee

Deactivate Ole Gray Voice.

Activate Ole Gray Voice

My heart was pumping and my hound dog was singing. I was nervous as a hen sucking on a corn cob and missed that giant grass farm on the 1st tee

:rofl:

Nice! lol

Activate Ole Gray Voice

That was truly amazing as the fairway must be 300 yards wide and I aim right and boom,,,, big push (no hook) :angry:.. ReTee and boom another push/slice to the right :banghead:. I ended up taking a double on the first hole. I did hit quite a few good tee shots after that however the majority of them, caught the pot bunkers in the middle or either side of the fairway. I can't get wait to get back out there and give it another shot :thumb:

That was truly amazing as the fairway must be 300 yards wide and I aim right and boom,,,, big push (no hook) :angry:.. ReTee and boom another push/slice to the right :banghead:. I ended up taking a double on the first hole. I did hit quite a few good tee shots after that however the majority of them, caught the pot bunkers in the middle or either side of the fairway. I can't get wait to get back out there and give it another shot :thumb:

It was so nice of JB to keep blaming the slow play on the people in front of us! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back