2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the video! Never play anywhere nice enough to have valet & bag drop.....can't wait!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Well you do live in Texas.

Par 3 3rd hole on the New Course. the flag was just on the other side of the bunker. We played it at 179.

Double green holes #2 par 5 (514yds) and #14 a par (323yds)

Par 5 #6 (496yds) share a green with #12 a par 3 (207yds)

Par 3 #7 (182yds) share a green with par #11 (387yds) Spank had a little bunker trouble on this hole and a little putting trouble. Video will be posted of the putting.

#14 par 4 (323yds) with a false front, bush down the right and left with bunkers on the left. No where to hide

Par 5 #15 (570 yds) no relief can be taken from the wall. Myself, Spank and my dad mad a deposit in the water for all you guys in May. Video to follow of my horrible swing)

A look from the tee on #18 par4 (350yds) no trouble unless you slice it off the planet

Nice photos; so green and plush!

Tappin' from my iPad!

The greens still have not healed from beiong punched two weeks ago, but they still rolled nice.

Nice photos; so green and plush!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks for the video and pics Tadashi, beautiful course for sure.

Reminds me of just a couple months back! Beautiful course for sure!!

Wow that course looks good, so nice! That course is so nice I might feel bad taking a divot:D

Tad - if you on a computer you can copy the URL to the video and then put it in video tags to embed.

Thanks for posting them for us :)

Hawk, I'll do it for Tadashi.

Tadashi and the cart golf comment...funny stuff!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Watching that video reminds me: how the heck does anyone miss the fairway on #1? Look at the size of it!

For those that haven't played the course, #1 and #18 on the Grand Cypress New Course are meant to be just like #1 and #18 at the Old Course at St. Andrews. Yeah, the fairway is THAT WIDE!

Watching that video reminds me: how the heck does anyone miss the fairway on #1? Look at the size of it!

For those that haven't played the course, #1 and #18 on the Grand Cypress New Course are meant to be just like #1 and #18 at the Old Course at St. Andrews. Yeah, the fairway is THAT WIDE!

That sounds like a personal challenge to me? Are you coming down for the outing?

just a question in the video you said to the right is the private side... whats the private side? just the practice holes and training areas? or is there another private course over there to? just wondering.

Yes, the members have their own range, practice holes and practice area.

just a question in the video you said to the right is the private side... whats the private side? just the practice holes and training areas? or is there another private course over there to? just wondering.

OK, I'll try with the other 6 videos I have to upload

Tad - if you on a computer you can copy the URL to the video and then put it in video tags to embed.

Thanks for posting them for us :)

That sounds like a personal challenge to me? Are you coming down for the outing?

I'd like to come down, but it's not in the cards just yet.

As an aside, I played the New Course last February, hit a horrible low slice on the first tee there, so I'm not trying to say I hit a great tee shot when I played it. However, I still did end up in the fairway. :D Since there is no rough out there, I hit 13/14 fairways that day. The only fairway I missed is when my ball ended up at the side of a bush on the left side of hole #8.

cool thats what i thought but wasn't sure thanks for posting the vids and pics Tad. i can't wait to play the new course I LOVE St Andrews its on my bucket list for sure so the new course will hold me over till i make it over seas.

I'd like to come down, but it's not in the cards just yet.

As an aside, I played the New Course last February, hit a horrible low slice on the first tee there, so I'm not trying to say I hit a great tee shot when I played it. However, I still did end up in the fairway. :D Since there is no rough out there, I hit 13/14 fairways that day. The only fairway I missed is when my ball ended up at the side of a bush on the left side of hole #8.

I would bet the FARM I would never miss that fairway again even if I tried to aim 150 right and draw it back. My driver is the the straightest club in my bag thank goodness!!!

I would bet the FARM I would never miss that fairway again even if I tried to aim 150 right and draw it back. My driver is the the straightest club in my bag thank goodness!!!

If it's so straight, then how would you draw it back? Hehe. And I'd bet I could miss that fairway. My slice can be pretty nasty when it flares up.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I hope it is not wet like it was today. It will play like a true links if it drys outs.

cool thats what i thought but wasn't sure thanks for posting the vids and pics Tad. i can't wait to play the new course I LOVE St Andrews its on my bucket list for sure so the new course will hold me over till i make it over seas.

If it's so straight, then how would you draw it back? Hehe. And I'd bet I could miss that fairway. My slice can be pretty nasty when it flares up.

Trust me I can hit a rope hook on command..... I will never ever miss that fairway to the right again! I will even try after I lace one up the middle to miss a mulligan by aiming 50 yards right of the edge of the fairway... It ain't gonna happen again....

Good call lol.

Well, I went ahead and canceled my reservations so that someone can take full advantage of everything offered at the outing.
My back is still giving me trouble, and while I can play a round a week, I more than likely will not be able to handle a full demo day, and then rounds for consecutive days. I hope that everyone that attends has a great time (almost impossible not to have a great time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back