2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

milehighgolfer

Hacking at Altitude
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Got some general questions for the veterans and/or locals.

Breakfast
The original Outing announcement lists breakfast as being included. Is that at an onsite restaurant?

Booze buying
Is all beer/liquor sold in any store or just liquor stores?

Cigars
Is there a good cigar shop in the area?

Golf store
Best golf store in the area. I've never been to an Edwin Watts is that worth searching out?

I am staying in the area Wednesday night so does anyone want to start the festivities early? :drinks:

pmoa

Always Ponderin'
Reaction score
Handicap
Can we start a logistics thread? I'd love to hitch a ride with someone on Thursday :)

Edit: fixed seemoreguy FTW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Breakfast
The original Outing announcement lists breakfast as being included. Is that at an onsite restaurant?

There is a grill room inside the pro shop building.

Booze buying
Grocery stores have beer, and there are several liquor stores within about 10 miles of the resort.

Cigars
No idea on that one.

Golf store
Best golf store in the area. I've never been to an Edwin Watts is that worth searching out?
Edwin Watts, Golf Galaxy, and a Golfsmith. Two of them are right off Turkey Lake Rd, about 10 minutes away from the resort. Golfsmith is over by the mall and is a much bigger pain in the neck to get to.

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
Hey PMOA I have a rental car so you can grab a ride with me. Anyone know the cost of parking at the resort?

Tadashi70

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Breakfast

Booze buying

Cigars

Golf store

I am staying in the area Wednesday night so does anyone want to start the festivities early? :drinks:
Abc liquor carries cigars, beer and booze. There is a grocery store in the same complex. There is an insure restaurant.
There is an Edwin watts superstore 5 miles from the resort. It's an easy get and you drive right my Golf Galaxy superstore on the same road

ddxu

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm really stoked for this one, cant get here soon enough. Again, anyone arriving around 1130 on Thurs at MCO can hit a ride with myself & Va Vince. Bulldog is going to try to meet us at MCO too. I should have room for 1 more in my loser cruiser (minivan rental).

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
Wow, this thing is going to be here before we know it. Get ready for a great time, folks.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Wow, this thing is going to be here before we know it. Get ready for a great time, folks.
I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow. Crazy

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
It's going to be a real fast trip for me, but it will be fun for sure. I'm most looking forward to teeing it up Saturday morning. Demo Day is cool, but I always have the best times on the course at the outings.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
It's going to be a real fast trip for me, but it will be fun for sure. I'm most looking forward to teeing it up Saturday morning. Demo Day is cool, but I always have the best times on the course at the outings.
I love teeing it up and getting out on the course. But I must say hanging out on the range talking to everyone is always a good time for me. Love comparing equipment and talking to old friends and new friends. Watching the contests are pretty cool too, as long as there is shade

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
It looks like it's going to be crazy hot.

v.man

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
W.I.P.
It looks like it's going to be crazy hot.
Yeah. I just bought another tube of SPF 70 sunblock. Don't think the SPF 40 was going to do the job.

Tadashi70

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
There has been a lot of talk about Saturday and Sunday afternoon rounds and setting something up. Is this something you guys want setup a head of time or do you want to wait until you guys arrive and make times?

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
There has been a lot of talk about Saturday and Sunday afternoon rounds and setting something up. Is this something you guys want setup a head of time or do you want to wait until you guys arrive and make times?
I think it would be smart to do it ahead of time but difficult until we know the competition format/times, etc for those days.

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
I've been gone so I'm going to apologize for not digging through the last 20 pages to find it myself, but have we filled that empty spot we had last week?

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
If it's not real busy I think we just wing it and those who want to go out for more can. It will be tough though if it's pretty busy, we'll need tee times setup in advance.

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been gone so I'm going to apologize for not digging through the last 20 pages to find it myself, but have we filled that empty spot we had last week?
Yes, pmoa grabbed it.

White Rhino

SANDBAGGER!!!!!!!
Reaction score
If it's not real busy I think we just wing it and those who want to go out for more can. It will be tough though if it's pretty busy, we'll need tee times setup in advance.
I do not know how this course works but if 40-50 people show up at the pro-shop at around 2 or 3 in the afternoon ( assuming that is when the outing rounds are done) do those who are familiar with the course think they can get all of us out on a weekend with everything else that may be going on.

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
you said it....pretty soon it'll be time to start packing (or overpacking in my case)

chewie69

Reaction score
Handicap
I am ready to leave today. I so need a break!

biglee33

5 SECOND POUR!!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
18ish
Im scheduled to land around 9:30 pm Thursday night. Would anyone be able to pick me up from the airport?

Tadashi70

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This was my fealing as well. We will let Staurday and Sunday afternoon rounds be setup by those that want to play

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in