2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Got some general questions for the veterans and/or locals.

Breakfast
The original Outing announcement lists breakfast as being included. Is that at an onsite restaurant?

Booze buying
Is all beer/liquor sold in any store or just liquor stores?

Cigars
Is there a good cigar shop in the area?

Golf store
Best golf store in the area. I've never been to an Edwin Watts is that worth searching out?

I am staying in the area Wednesday night so does anyone want to start the festivities early? :drinks:

Can we start a logistics thread? I'd love to hitch a ride with someone on Thursday :)

Edit: fixed seemoreguy FTW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Breakfast
The original Outing announcement lists breakfast as being included. Is that at an onsite restaurant?

There is a grill room inside the pro shop building.

Booze buying
Grocery stores have beer, and there are several liquor stores within about 10 miles of the resort.

Cigars
No idea on that one.

Golf store
Best golf store in the area. I've never been to an Edwin Watts is that worth searching out?
Edwin Watts, Golf Galaxy, and a Golfsmith. Two of them are right off Turkey Lake Rd, about 10 minutes away from the resort. Golfsmith is over by the mall and is a much bigger pain in the neck to get to.

Hey PMOA I have a rental car so you can grab a ride with me. Anyone know the cost of parking at the resort?

Breakfast

Booze buying

Cigars

Golf store

I am staying in the area Wednesday night so does anyone want to start the festivities early? :drinks:

Abc liquor carries cigars, beer and booze. There is a grocery store in the same complex. There is an insure restaurant.
There is an Edwin watts superstore 5 miles from the resort. It's an easy get and you drive right my Golf Galaxy superstore on the same road

I'm really stoked for this one, cant get here soon enough. Again, anyone arriving around 1130 on Thurs at MCO can hit a ride with myself & Va Vince. Bulldog is going to try to meet us at MCO too. I should have room for 1 more in my loser cruiser (minivan rental).

Wow, this thing is going to be here before we know it. Get ready for a great time, folks.

Wow, this thing is going to be here before we know it. Get ready for a great time, folks.

I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow. Crazy

It's going to be a real fast trip for me, but it will be fun for sure. I'm most looking forward to teeing it up Saturday morning. Demo Day is cool, but I always have the best times on the course at the outings.

It's going to be a real fast trip for me, but it will be fun for sure. I'm most looking forward to teeing it up Saturday morning. Demo Day is cool, but I always have the best times on the course at the outings.

I love teeing it up and getting out on the course. But I must say hanging out on the range talking to everyone is always a good time for me. Love comparing equipment and talking to old friends and new friends. Watching the contests are pretty cool too, as long as there is shade

It looks like it's going to be crazy hot.

It looks like it's going to be crazy hot.

Yeah. I just bought another tube of SPF 70 sunblock. Don't think the SPF 40 was going to do the job.

There has been a lot of talk about Saturday and Sunday afternoon rounds and setting something up. Is this something you guys want setup a head of time or do you want to wait until you guys arrive and make times?

There has been a lot of talk about Saturday and Sunday afternoon rounds and setting something up. Is this something you guys want setup a head of time or do you want to wait until you guys arrive and make times?

I think it would be smart to do it ahead of time but difficult until we know the competition format/times, etc for those days.

I've been gone so I'm going to apologize for not digging through the last 20 pages to find it myself, but have we filled that empty spot we had last week?

If it's not real busy I think we just wing it and those who want to go out for more can. It will be tough though if it's pretty busy, we'll need tee times setup in advance.

I've been gone so I'm going to apologize for not digging through the last 20 pages to find it myself, but have we filled that empty spot we had last week?

Yes, pmoa grabbed it.

If it's not real busy I think we just wing it and those who want to go out for more can. It will be tough though if it's pretty busy, we'll need tee times setup in advance.

I do not know how this course works but if 40-50 people show up at the pro-shop at around 2 or 3 in the afternoon ( assuming that is when the outing rounds are done) do those who are familiar with the course think they can get all of us out on a weekend with everything else that may be going on.

you said it....pretty soon it'll be time to start packing (or overpacking in my case)

I am ready to leave today. I so need a break!

Im scheduled to land around 9:30 pm Thursday night. Would anyone be able to pick me up from the airport?

This was my fealing as well. We will let Staurday and Sunday afternoon rounds be setup by those that want to play

Back