2013 Adams Super Hybrid LS Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
James is back with his latest review and this one is on a new hybrid from Adams Golf.

http://bit.ly/WhtKK2

Great review Jman, sounds like a all around versatile hybrid that does everything you need it to

Nice review Jman. The LS sounds like a nice hybrid, worth a solid look this year.

Great job Jman! I'm torn between going with a hybrid or a higher lofted Fairway wood.

I'm all set at hybrid I'm all set at hybrid. Gah James now you have me back to the LS. Great review. The only thing that bothers me about the club is the white/graphics and you are correct in saying that it simply disappears when you are at address and looking to smash the ball.

Very nice review Jman! As popular as they are, I have still yet to spend much time with any Adams hybrid. Luckily, the white graphics nor the slot bother me and I would be quick to not even notice especially if the performance is there which it sounds like it is.

The price point is downright scary and is a reason why I would likely never seriously consider the club. It's the same price as several newly released top drivers so I just don't understand the pricing aspect on these.

Very nice review Jman! As popular as they are, I have still yet to spend much time with any Adams hybrid. Luckily, the white graphics nor the slot bother me and I would be quick to not even notice especially if the performance is there which it sounds like it is.

The price point is downright scary and is a reason why I would likely never seriously consider the club. It's the same price as several newly released top drivers so I just don't understand the pricing aspect on these.

I don't really care about the price. I can promise you that every year I am looking at the new drivers and will most likely(definitely) pick one up. My hybrids will usually last for at least 2 seasons if not more. I'm not even thinking about 3/4 hybrids because I love my Callaways so much

I don't really care about the price. I can promise you that every year I am looking at the new drivers and will most likely(definitely) pick one up. My hybrids will usually last for at least 2 seasons if not more. I'm not even thinking about 3/4 hybrids because I love my Callaways so much

Hard not to care when seemingly every other hybrid on the market is $100 cheaper at minimum.

$299 for a club such as driver that you are guaranteed to use 10-12 times a round is understandable but for a club you may only use 2-3 times....just is a tad high for my liking.

Hard not to care when seemingly every other hybrid on the market is $100 cheaper at minimum.

$299 for a club such as driver that you are guaranteed to use 10-12 times a round is understandable but for a club you may only use 2-3 times....just is a tad high for my liking.

QFT Cookie. I'd love to bag this hybrid because it sounds like a great performer, but the price tag makes me wonder. It's the same thing with the newer fairway woods, I'm not going to hit those very much at all except for 2-4 shots per round. I'd much rather spend my money on a driver, putter or irons.

In terms of the price aspect, I'm looking forward to Jman's official writeup of the S version of these hybrids, which is half the price of the LS model.

I've wanted one since it came out. Plain and simple! I like the smaller profile hybrids. Could never buy one though at the price. The white is a non-issue to me. Makes me feel like a bit of a hipster when it comes to feelings in the past.

You can buy these a lot cheaper on line as well as other new clubs or slightly use at good prices. Does anyone really give full price for new clubs?

I'm in the same boat as Cookie and Ary, I've hit this in the store and came away really impressed, but $299 for a hybrid is gaudy. Excellent review though Jman, really well worded.

Thanks for the comments so far all, they really do mean alot when you guys leave them.

I'm in 100% agreeance with many here on the price, the LS was an absolute bomber of beastly proportions, but that is a heck of a pill to swallow for anyone. Particularly, for me, when there is another hybrid in the stable for half the price that performs tremendously as well.

But, everyone is different. Without a single doubt in my mind though, the LS really does flat out perform.

Last edited:
Very good Jman! Now, will I put the V4 in the bag as I had intended or one of these? .......:banghead:

Great review Jman, very thorough! I've enjoyed following along htrough the testing and have both the S and LS on my list of hybrids to try and fill that slot in my bag.

Another good review. I'm looking forward to swinging this year's offering from Adams, although, as others have said, this is a little pricey for a hybrid.

Is anyone bothered by hybrid head shapes that are moving toward what we'd expect from a fairway wood? I have an old Adams A2 3-hybrid that I really like, but it has hit a very large number of balls and I may be looking to replace it. One of the things I like about it is that it's easy to look down at it and see it like an iron. Psychologically, it's easy to put more of a downward hit on the ball like I would with an iron.

New hybrids seem to be getting away from the "peanut" style that I really like. I imagine they are doing this to manipulate COG and such. But it starts to give me the feeling that I'm hitting a 3-wood more than a hybrid. The reason I want a hybrid is to have that iron feel, yet I can get good distance and control. If I can't separate the hybrid from a 3-wood so much, the hybrid becomes much less appealing. There's a lot of psychology in this, I'll admit (but that's true of a lot in golf).

Bring back the peanut head shape. Is anyone else bothered by this at all?

Very well done James. I think we need to talk more about this shaft. It seems to me that the Kuro Kage line is widely used this year. It really has my attention.

Very well done James. I think we need to talk more about this shaft. It seems to me that the Kuro Kage line is widely used this year. It really has my attention.

I really enjoyed the Kuro Kage, a lot.

I will say though Adams NAILED IT in my opinion on this and the S (Matrix Kujoh)...tremendous hybrid shafts.

TM should take now fromt he company though purchased in my honest opinion.

I really enjoyed the Kuro Kage, a lot.

I will say though Adams NAILED IT in my opinion on this and the S (Matrix Kujoh)...tremendous hybrid shafts.

TM should take now fromt he company though purchased in my honest opinion.

What you said in the review about Adams usually doing a good job of pairing up shafts with club heads in their hybrids was pretty spot on IMO. I feel like they take tremendous pride in the hybrid line and know that above all else, that's the line up that they shouldn't skimp on when it comes to materials.

What you said in the review about Adams usually doing a good job of pairing up shafts with club heads in their hybrids was pretty spot on IMO. I feel like they take tremendous pride in the hybrid line and know that above all else, that's the line up that they shouldn't skimp on when it comes to materials.

Agreed, it also says something that they picked two entirely different shafts for the two hybrids in the line, not from the same company. Its about matching the best shaft with that particular head. Adams has always seemed to get that for sure.

I do wonder how long until we see them become a hybrid and fairway specialized company though now, I really do.

Agreed, it also says something that they picked two entirely different shafts for the two hybrids in the line, not from the same company. Its about matching the best shaft with that particular head. Adams has always seemed to get that for sure.

I do wonder how long until we see them become a hybrid and fairway specialized company though now, I really do.

I wonder the same. Let's face it, in some eyes they already are which is a little unfair because they produced some good irons last year

I wonder the same. Let's face it, in some eyes they already are which is a little unfair because they produced some good irons last year

I agree.

Plus, I truly believe their slot technology is much better than TM's. Much.

Awesome Review. I find myself lusting after this thing, but alas I cannot spend that much on a hybrid

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I agree.

Plus, I truly believe their slot technology is much better than TM's. Much.

I haven't tried this one yet, but I remember when they first came out with it a few years ago I thought it looked funny but it didn't bother me. Going off of pictures it looks like the slot is a little more rounded on the edges now and narrower. Could be because we are looking at the hybrid and not the FW. I like how you mentioned that you can use it as an alignment aid. It should give good visualization as to if you have the club open or closed at setup.

Back