2013 Adams Super Hybrid LS Review

Missed this one yesterday but what a great review. I really hope this statement "As good as Adams has always been with R&D in their club heads, I believe they have been just as good about shaft selection (something their new owners should take note of)" is heard by the folks running the show at Adams because it would be a travesty for this to change. Great review and that distance you speak of with this off the tee has me VERY intrigued!

I agree buddy, and its honestly my biggest fear since being purchased, watered down shafts. I would hate to see that happen, it would make me quite sad.

Oh my this one is very nice :D

I put the 19° LS in my bag today in place of the 17° Super S that I'd been carrying. Just experimenting a bit. I've been practicing with the LS for awhile now, but this is the first time I've got it on the course.

First shot was super solid and monstrously hooked lol. Sure sounded great. Turned around pretty quickly after that and actually ended up very happy with what I saw. Solid option off the tee for me. Good combination of distance and height. Definitely a noticeably higher ball flight than the 17° Super S, especially off the tee. Again, it sounds so good. Decent off the turf too, but I liked it best from the tee.

So with it being low spin and your seeing a higher launch how well does it hold a green on full shots. That is always my main concern with hybrids.

So with it being low spin and your seeing a higher launch how well does it hold a green on full shots. That is always my main concern with hybrids.

I did the review on it and mentioned it a bit in there, I had no issues hitting into greens thanks to that launch and flight, for me the ball landed very soft onto the surface.

I'd agree. I hit some towering high balls with this thing.

I hit ls yesterday at a demo day the 19 degree is a beast the best hybrid i hit all day i loved it so much i bought it on the spot

Solid choice Brian. I put it in the bag a couple weeks back and I think it'll stay put for now. I had the 17° Super S in there before and it was a good one too. I just seem to hit this one higher, which I like. I'm also able to flight the ball low with it very easily, which came in handy over the weekend.

which one do you like better this one or the x hot ?
Solid choice Brian. I put it in the bag a couple weeks back and I think it'll stay put for now. I had the 17° Super S in there before and it was a good one too. I just seem to hit this one higher, which I like. I'm also able to flight the ball low with it very easily, which came in handy over the weekend.

You know, I use them for some pretty different things. Normally, the LS would be the one I'd take off the tee and for long layups. Basically when I want the most distance I can get out of a full swing hybrid. I do use it to keep the ball lower too - punch shots, etc.

X-Hot is more a club that I've been grabbing when I want something high, straight, and low risk. It's a good one for normal layups, recovery shots and into greens.

I don't think I'd put either one in the other's spot. They both function pretty well for their jobs.

Glad you are able to flight it down i did not have a ton of time to mess with it beyond the 15-20 balls i hit but it was a nice mid flight for me the Kuro Kage is a very nice shaft

Love the KK shaft. Actually I just love the whole combo here. Great sound, flight and distance. It's got a smaller profile that I like as well.

Love the KK shaft. Actually I just love the whole combo here. Great sound, flight and distance. It's got a smaller profile that I like as well.
Agreed, a great shaft, I'm glad to see Adams and others using it!

I just love to hear I'm not totally crazy.

I do agree on the KK though, fantastic hybrid shaft. Adams NAILED IT with their shaft selections in the hybo's this year.

I think having two (soon to be three) distinct shapes and price points is great. No other company out there that is doing that. The Super S is a good one too, but with Adams you have the ability to sort of whittle it down more on a personal level, while still getting the benefits of the technology.

I think having two (soon to be three) distinct shapes and price points is great. No other company out there that is doing that. The Super S is a good one too, but with Adams you have the ability to sort of whittle it down more on a personal level, while still getting the benefits of the technology.

Exactly. Plus, this is the area they excel in. I just really think we aren't far from seeing them as a true fairway/hybrid company, especially since IMO they do it better than TM.

I think that's what they should do. I don't know if they'll be able to make it work, but it makes far more sense than making drivers, irons, and wedges that don't sell.

I think that's what they should do. I don't know if they'll be able to make it work, but it makes far more sense than making drivers, irons, and wedges that don't sell.

Agreed. Plus, it would be much better than seeing them possibly eventually being entirely absorbed by TM, thats my biggest fear.

I when i was at the demo day at the local course both the TM and Adams reps said that they are stering there tour players to play TM Drivers and Fairways and Adams Hybrids

I wonder if they will end up as TM hybrid division with a few other product for Seniors and Women

Between my last range session and some ball testing on the LM, I'm feeling glad I put this in the bag. It's fitting right into the slot that I need it in. The goal was to have something like a 5 wood that isn't a 5 wood if that makes sense. The fact that the shaft is a little longer than "standard" gives it a little more distance than I'd expect out of a 19° hybrid for me. I assume the build of the head has a part in that as well.

At the last range session I was hitting some spots that were somewhat surprising to me, so I was anxious to see if I was going to see similar results with a real ball on the LM. I did see some correllation there. I got a little gunshy on the course a couple weeks ago due to some pull hook action that popped up a couple times, so the range session was a good refresher that built up my confidence a bit.

Just a very good combo of height and distance for me. The only detraction I see with the Super S (17°) compared to this one is ball height. I hit the LS higher consistently, which I like. I'm not 100% sure I have much to offer in terms of comparing forgiveness at the moment. My instinct tells me this one is a little worse on miss-hits thant the Super S, X-Hot, or the Mashie+, but I don't have anything to share that really quantifies that.

I'll give it a couple more times on the course to see if it's the big winner, but if I had to choose now after comparing all the choices I've tried out, it would be the one.

I'm seriously considering just buying another one of these in a 4 hybrid, but the price just makes my head hurt. The other option is grabbing a KK shaft for my J40, but I'm not sure about that one.

I'm seriously considering just buying another one of these in a 4 hybrid, but the price just makes my head hurt. The other option is grabbing a KK shaft for my J40, but I'm not sure about that one.
I found mine slighty used on ebay for 179 plus 11 for shipping
It was slighty used looks like someone hit it one range session at most

Not too bad. That's kind of what I figured I'd look at first.

So I finally got to hit The Super LS Hybrid today i like it even more than i did at demo day ball explodes off the face I am still getting use to the Kuro Kage shaft a little whippy. I took 3/4 inch off the butt of the club helped me control it a bit better. I was able to work the ball both ways off the face it is long but not too long about 10-15 yards shorter than my 5w. It has a nice mid ball flight with some roll it is a ton better than my RBZ from last year not fade bias the head size is just about perfect it sets up nice has a big sole easy to hit off the deck or off a tee i was getting 235 off tee and about 225 off the deck

I love my Adams a12OS hybrids and would love to hit this one. I bet it's at least as fantastic.

Back