2013 Adams Super Hybrid LS Review

Awesome Review. I find myself lusting after this thing, but alas I cannot spend that much on a hybrid

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Thanks buddy. You'll like the S review. Trust me.
I haven't tried this one yet, but I remember when they first came out with it a few years ago I thought it looked funny but it didn't bother me. Going off of pictures it looks like the slot is a little more rounded on the edges now and narrower. Could be because we are looking at the hybrid and not the FW. I like how you mentioned that you can use it as an alignment aid. It should give good visualization as to if you have the club open or closed at setup.

Yep, it does, it serves a good purpose. I came into this HATING white paint and HATING crown graphics but its very true that there is a point where performance just shuts you up.

Nice job Jman!
Did the lack of an alignment aid bother you at all?

The price is ridiculous in my opinion, but that could change once I hit the club.

Great review Jman!

Sidenote for an editor - the www.adamsgolf.com link at the end of the review is broken. It's pointing to a local file instead of the URL.

Nice job Jman!
Did the lack of an alignment aid bother you at all?

The price is ridiculous in my opinion, but that could change once I hit the club.

As I mentioned in there, for me, the actual slot in coordination with the contrast of the black face and the crown graphics really served as a pretty solid alignment aid. Same with the S, I'm quite fond of it, much moreso than a dot or line.

Nice review Jman! Haven't hit these myself, but the pricetag seems like a deal breaker for most. I'll have to add these to the list of clubs to hit.

As I mentioned in there, for me, the actual slot in coordination with the contrast of the black face and the crown graphics really served as a pretty solid alignment aid. Same with the S, I'm quite fond of it, much moreso than a dot or line.

I just went back and reread your review.....again....nice job....sorry I missed that line.

I just went back and reread your review.....again....nice job....sorry I missed that line.

HA! No worries dude! hahaha

I agree.

Plus, I truly believe their slot technology is much better than TM's. Much.

I am basing this off of only hitting the xtd fairway a few times but I agree with your statement about the slot technology.

Nicely done James!!! You've been raving about this club and it's great to see it translated into a top tier review!!!

Adams bringing it again with their hybrid offerings really pleases me, although I am still not terribly happy about the junk on the crown. Much preferred the silver from the original XTD offerings.

Nicely done James!!! You've been raving about this club and it's great to see it translated into a top tier review!!!

Adams bringing it again with their hybrid offerings really pleases me, although I am still not terribly happy about the junk on the crown. Much preferred the silver from the original XTD offerings.

I really did too, and I yelled it from the mountain tops....until I hit them. It goes away, it just does.

I really did too, and I yelled it from the mountain tops....until I hit them. It goes away, it just does.

I'll honestly say I didn't focus too much on the R1 crown after hitting it a bit, so I am sure the SH-LS would be the same thing, I just hate that they did it.

I'll honestly say I didn't focus too much on the R1 crown after hitting it a bit, so I am sure the SH-LS would be the same thing, I just hate that they did it.

Same here. I think most of the new crown graphics from TM are pretty bad. The LS crown graphics are at least a little muted with the grey on white. That said, I'm not looking at the club when I'm swinging. I'm looking at the ball. I'm sure if it got the job done, especially in an impressive manner, I wouldn't care what was on the top of it.

Good review! I am waiting for my shafts to come in so I can put these together. The graphics are definitely subtle, its nice a nice touch and I really could care less about that stuff. They feel solid, looking forward to gaming them in the future.

Thanks for the comments all!!

Jman, I know you played the XTD for a while last year. Straight up, how do these compare? Is the LS really that much better than the XTD?

THPing on Tapatalk

Jman, I know you played the XTD for a while last year. Straight up, how do these compare? Is the LS really that much better than the XTD?

THPing on Tapatalk

I did indeed, same loft too.

Better sound by a pretty size able margin to me, distance would be close but I really do feel like the LS had a little better balance to it.

And a hell of a lot better shaft IMO.

Adams longevity in the hybrid game is staggering. I've never owned one but probably should hit one soon. Thanks for he enlightening write up brother James

Adams longevity in the hybrid game is staggering. I've never owned one but probably should hit one soon. Thanks for he enlightening write up brother James

My pleasure brother. You'll get to hit em up in DALLAS!

Jman, last year's Super, or this Year's S? My local shop has last year's Super with a regular shaft, used, for $79.99. I'd have to get a stiff shaft for it, or do I go this year's S???

Jman, last year's Super, or this Year's S? My local shop has last year's Super with a regular shaft, used, for $79.99. I'd have to get a stiff shaft for it, or do I go this year's S???

This years. Wait till you read the review, it'll be up soon. Better shaft, incredibly legit head. I'll have a second one in my bag very soon.

Great review Jman. I love how thorough you are in touching on all aspects of the equipment.

Echo the sentiments of others and say I'd never pay that for a hybrid. I mean I could win the biggest powerball ever and still wouldn't even consider it.

This years. Wait till you read the review, it'll be up soon. Better shaft, incredibly legit head. I'll have a second one in my bag very soon.
I just read the S review. Cool!!!

Missed this one yesterday but what a great review. I really hope this statement "As good as Adams has always been with R&D in their club heads, I believe they have been just as good about shaft selection (something their new owners should take note of)" is heard by the folks running the show at Adams because it would be a travesty for this to change. Great review and that distance you speak of with this off the tee has me VERY intrigued!

Back