2013 Bridgestone e5 Golf Ball Forum Testing Thread

I am trying to work my way through the thread but guess I'll go skimming...

I'd like a little more distance off the tee without giving away too much in the other parts of my game. I often play V2s, Z Stars, Hex Blacks. Is this ball a good candidate to be longer than those balls or would you characterize it differently, maybe as a less expensive alternative to the Blacks and Z Stars (i.e., kind of a V2 cousin as it were)?

I am trying to work my way through the thread but guess I'll go skimming...

I'd like a little more distance off the tee without giving away too much in the other parts of my game. I often play V2s, Z Stars, Hex Blacks. Is this ball a good candidate to be longer than those balls or would you characterize it differently, maybe as a less expensive alternative to the Blacks and Z Stars (i.e., kind of a V2 cousin as it were)?

Just checking back in and I really have no comparison to the V2 for you, I did not do a head to head with the Hex Blacks but with the Chrome+ the distance was very close, as for the Z Star SL I would say the e-5 is slightly longer. I am not a huge spinner of the ball but I had no problem with roll out with any of these balls.

I bought a sleeve of these and played 9 with them today.

I really like the ball off the tee. Seemed longer than what I'm accustomed to. And straight.

My iron play was atrocious so it was hard to really gauge the ball here. I had some approach shot that were lower than usual and didn't come close to holding the green. I didn't like that at all but it probably was me.

I couldn't get the ball to check up on short game shots. Two sand shots the ball rolled out a lot. A couple of chips I landed it short and let it roll up. Later in the round I lost one and switched in a ProV1, which bounced and stopped from about 65 yards; I'm pretty sure the e5 would have rolled out. Oddly, I didn't dislike the rollout. It somehow seemed manageable and predictable; I got the ball reasonably close with many short game shots.

Putter. It felt great off the putter.

Overall, I enjoyed the ball and will play it again.

Found one if these the other day and gamed it for two rounds. Really impressed. The entire lineup is really good

My first time on this site and I'll give my review of the Bridgestone E5 golfball. The weather is warm here in Florida, about 80's in the late morning and the afternoon. Today had some wind. The ball had a good feel off the driver and 3-wood today and came off those clubs pretty hot. The ball had a good, penetrating ball flight off the long clubs today. My driver speed is roughly about 105ish. The ball reacted well on the greens, as they are overseeded. I didn't have many chips today, but during practice before my 9 holes, the ball seemed to check up quite well. On a couple of chips I did hit w/ my 56' wedge, the ball hit the green, and ran out only about 18" or so. I play to a 6 hdcp. if that helps anyone decide to play this ball. Off the putter, the ball felt nice and not real "clicky" as the B330 series. For the price, these balls are a winner in my opinion. I have played other Bridgestone golfballs and I really like the E5. Durability is good and this ball will be in my bag for a while. Hope this helps you guys.

The online Bridgestone fitting suggested the E5 for me. I have been comparing them against the E7, E6 and Titleist DTSolo for a few weeks. I have not seen much difference in distance or straightness. Pretty long overall. The E5s definitely spin more for me off the wedges from the fairway and sand. It is a little less durable and a bit less white than the others.

I'm going to give this ball a try, you guys still playing them?

Yep, I've got one in my bag.

I pretty much alternate between the e5 and B330-RX. Both are great balls.

I pretty much alternate between the e5 and B330-RX. Both are great balls.

Agreed the 330rx is my ball of choice

The Bridgestone site suggested e5 for me, so my wife got me 3 dozen of these for Christmas. Now I just need some warmer weather so I can get out and try them.

I got a dozen e5 for Xmas today woohoo!

I enjoyed the e5 this season and was excited to get a dozen for Xmas!

For me $ for $, best ball I have found.

That is what I play in the chilly months. Love it!

This will be the next ball I try. I've heard many great things about them.

Back