2013 Morgan Cup Matchups

Not much to get Cookster. The guys name is Vernon Fiddler and he plays for the Dallas Stars.
Dallas Stars? What, do they double as a WNBA team?

I can't stop laughing right now.

No matter how our match will go, we can talk putters and hockey all the way!

Stop with all the niceness. I dont like it. HAHAHA Funniest part about the match is that neither of you will probably pronounce GOLF the correct way. Hahahaha

Going into this year's Morgan Cup I was excited about all the new competitors because I haven't got to play with many of them. With the exception of Freddie I have not played with any of my opponents or partners in the matches, and I'm pumped to see that I will have the honor of playing against dhill in the final round on Sunday! We are going to have a great time and I can't wait to tee it up with him for the first time!

Oh wow. Some very interesting matchups there.

I cant wait to finally play with Lambro. He is one good dude and I am sure we will have a great time!

Stop with all the niceness. I dont like it. HAHAHA Funniest part about the match is that neither of you will probably pronounce GOLF the correct way. Hahahaha

It's tactics, I play way better when I talk ;)

Looking forward to my match with Wadesworld!!! Alot of interesting pairings on that list, should be a great day of golf (or Gawf for Buck)

Absolutely Gordon. We may be the higher-handicappers, but I'm willing to bet our match will have epicness galore. Going to be a great time!

how about that?! my #1 fan from last year probably requested (begged his captain) to play against me in Singles...

what a match that will be...

now to PM Cookie to find out all of his secrets.....

how about that?! my #1 fan from last year probably requested (begged his captain) to play against me in Singles...

Dude, it's a match I would love to see. Nate is a strong player....not a single weak point to his game....he will FW/GIR most of the day which is key in this format obviously. His 3w probably averages 25-30 yards longer than my driver which is just dumb.....but doesn't do much good at Caladonia if playing there.

Again....I would love to see that match!

Going into this year's Morgan Cup I was excited about all the new competitors because I haven't got to play with many of them. With the exception of Freddie I have not played with any of my opponents or partners in the matches, and I'm pumped to see that I will have the honor of playing against dhill in the final round on Sunday! We are going to have a great time and I can't wait to tee it up with him for the first time!

You bet man. I can't wait to meet you and play a round with you. It will be awesome.

Very comfortable with my matchup. I know that Wake and I are going to have fun out there. Hopefully we hit more greens in that match than we did in our last round together at the Outing.

Dude, it's a match I would love to see. Nate is a strong player....not a single weak point to his game....he will FW/GIR most of the day which is key in this format obviously. His 3w probably averages 25-30 yards longer than my driver which is just dumb.....but doesn't do much good at Caladonia if playing there.

agreed that it should be one fine gentlemen's match indeed.
Nate may be a DotCommer this year, but we all know he's a Hacker at heart.

Very comfortable with my matchup. I know that Wake and I are going to have fun out there. Hopefully we hit more greens in that match than we did in our last round together at the Outing.

That's going to be a fun match. I bet it's pretty close to. Looking forward to it.

Great match ups all across the board.

Glad to see the captains anchoring and against each other too. It'll lead to some great banter heading up to the matches hehe

How bout that for some irony! Team Hackers biggest supporter last year gets to play the guy that sealed the deal in his epic matches against JB and Seth. This will truly be an honor my man! This will be great Tclutch!

Too kind Cookie, but unfortunately I don't get to take that 3 wood to MB with me! Ha! BTW, I think you and JConn's match sets up to be a great one!

How bout that for some irony! Team Hackers biggest supporter last year gets to play the guy that sealed the deal in his epic matches against JB and Seth. This will truly be an honor my man! This will be great Tclutch!

looking forward to it big guy. gonna be too much fun...

as much as i'd like to play with more THPers i kinda hope singles go out alone i think that would be awesome and add another element to the competition.

I feel the same way!

We wanna be done before dark dude! I see no way that we go out as 2-somes.

First tee time at 8 AM, send twosomes off every 10 minutes, last twosome would go off at 10:40 AM. Pace of play should be good with twosomes, done by 3 PM IMO.

So, you couldnt potentially have the final group sitting on the tee box for almost 2.5 hours waiting?

That's the only drawback.

One thing about sending people off in twosomes: it was done in the first Morgan Cup. If that happens, it also needs to have something else that happened in that event: opponents in singles get their own carts instead of having to ride in the same cart. Even if we go off in foursomes, it would be AWKWARD to have my opponent in singles riding in the same cart as me with the range of emotions that could be going on.

looking forward to it big guy. gonna be too much fun...

I am going to admit I'm a bit worried already going into this match. I really hope Callaway supplies us with sunglasses cause the orange Puma outfit you potential could pick out might already have you up 1 before we tee off!

One thing about sending people off in twosomes: it was done in the first Morgan Cup. If that happens, it also needs to have something else that happened in that event: opponents in singles get their own carts instead of having to ride in the same cart. Even if we go off in foursomes, it would be AWKWARD to have my opponent in singles riding in the same cart as me with the range of emotions that could be going on.

lol. idk about that.
i had an awesome time riding with JB last year during singles.

I am going to admit I'm a bit worried already going into this match. I really hope Callaway supplies us with sunglasses cause the orange Puma outfit you potential could pick out might already have you up 1 before we tee off!

haha! advantage Team Hackers!

I just got to the point where I could log in and take a look at the matchups.....I ended up with a very tough matchup vs Thainer but I am sure we will have a great time.

Anybody that has paid attention to these matches over the last 2 years knows that nothing is certain and anything can happen....I will go out and play my best, drain a few long putts and see what happens.

Back