2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's out of my hands now young grasshopper. You have done the deed, now we just have to see if it will reap the ultimate reward.

If you get in....book that road trip DONE buddy! We're picking up hitchhikers too, a traveling Mexican band in fact!

Isn't tmex out of the way for u?

It's out of my hands now young grasshopper. You have done the deed, now we just have to see if it will reap the ultimate reward.

If you get in....book that road trip DONE buddy! We're picking up hitchhikers too, a traveling Mexican band in fact!

No need to mention midgets... BECAUSE THEY ARE ALREADY LOADED AND READY TO ROLL. Maybe we will roadtrip regardless?

My wife is very supporting. When I showed her my videos: "Wow, not as Sh**ty as I thought theyd be. Nerdy as hell for internet friends though"

Thanks dear.

Same here......it's just a foreign language to her and that's ok.

I'm lucky, thanks to all of these gatherings and trips my wife is very much in tuned with my thp infatuation and is finally starting to care I think

Haha. Love reading all the wives that think we are nerdy for all these videos and love we have for THP. I am in the same boat. I showed my videos to my wife and she said "Wow, you look really funny. Why are you doing this again?" Oh well. she is still happy for me.

Heck I came back from Last years Morgan Cup and my GF dumped me.....Oh well, her loss right!

Haha. Love reading all the wives that think we are nerdy for all these videos and love we have for THP. I am in the same boat. I showed my videos to my wife and she said "Wow, you look really funny. Why are you doing this again?" Oh well. she is still happy for me.

I had to do my bio video where she couldn't hear or see me. She did come down to do some wash and I had to stop because I would have been embarrassed to do them in front of her. She said "what are you doing? Your videos for Hackers Paradise?" While chuckling.

Let me be the first to tell everybody that this year's Morgan Cup will be different than those in the past. We have addressed it in a few other threads, but will do again here. First off, many of the threads that we have leading up to selections are great for fun and banter. Come the beginning when all teams are announced, these threads will be closed.

The goal of the Morgan Cup staff this year is to make it a community event. Its the job of the participants to "bring in" the forum, and not the job of the forum to engage the participants. The forum will act as a backdrop or canvas, if you will, for the participants. Designated threads are gone, and instead will be replaced by conversation throughout in the appropriate threads and in doing so should eliminate most of the every day banter that made it difficult for those that were not participating to follow along.

Get ready folks. Its almost here!!!

I truly have enjoyed the more focused approach this year. I think we accomplished something last year and I think we can keep this ball rolling. I'm ready and I know the other Captains are as well. Get yer popcorn!!:popcorn:

I had to do my bio video where she couldn't hear or see me. She did come down to do some wash and I had to stop because I would have been embarrassed to do them in front of her. She said "what are you doing? Your videos for Hackers Paradise?" While chuckling.

I know. My wife left the house for a couple of hours and when she came home and I still wasn't done, she said "Really? It's just a silly video." She just doesn't get it...

I know. My wife left the house for a couple of hours and when she came home and I still wasn't done, she said "Really? It's just a silly video." She just doesn't get it...

Richard helped me put together my promo video, and seemed to be happy to do it. Then again, he was the main character in my RAZR Fit video, so he likes making these kinds of things.

Richard helped me put together my bio video, and seemed to be happy to do it. Then again, he was the main character in my RAZR Fit video, so he likes making these kinds of things.

That video was awesome! I probably would have had her help but she would just laugh at me most of the time and it would be hard to get my message across while she is laughing at me the whole time.

That video was awesome! I probably would have had her help but she would just laugh at me most of the time and it would be hard to get my message across while she is laughing at me the whole time.

Yeah, that's true. Although it would make for some interesting bloopers, hehe. I goofed earlier, Richard helped me with my promo. The bio video I did on my own. It won't be a long wait now...

I did my bio video while teh wife had the kids at a birthday party. However, she went with me and directed my promo video the next day. I kept thinking that she thought that I was silly and sometimes, I still do. However, if had not been for her, I would not have entered!!

I did my promo video and bio in a cheap motel in santa fe after driving 8.5 hours and sleeping for 4. :arrogant:

The 2012 Morgan Cup was an experience I will never forget. If I never get into another one, I did get the experience once! I hope I get selected again but if I don't, it won't be the end of the world. I do know that regardless of what happens, I will be there anyway, so if nothing else, it will be $600 cheaper for me than last year! I do know that no matter what, I will be getting there two days early so I can play some practice rounds.

If you get picked, respect it for what it is, as it is more responsibility than you can imagine. If you don't, look at it like I mentioned before, and go anyway and help Morgan. You were planning on going anyway if you got picked, so go even if you don't!

I hope my wife can come with me this year.

The 2012 Morgan Cup was an experience I will never forget. If I never get into another one, I did get the experience once! I hope I get selected again but if I don't, it won't be the end of the world. I do know that regardless of what happens, I will be there anyway, so if nothing else, it will be $600 cheaper for me than last year! I do know that no matter what, I will be getting there two days early so I can play some practice rounds.

If you get picked, respect it for what it is, as it is more responsibility than you can imagine. If you don't, look at it like I mentioned before, and go anyway and help Morgan. You were planning on going anyway if you got picked, so go even if you don't!

I hope my wife can come with me this year.

Well said Smalls. If everything goes as planned I will be there as a participant or a volunteer. I am planning on it, but there are still a few things up in the air if I do not get selected.

Cobra has the clubs, SeeMore the putter, Puma the clothing. So who is bringing the balls to this party?

I'm lucky, thanks to all of these gatherings and trips my wife is very much in tuned with my thp infatuation and is finally starting to care I think

Don't kid yourself Mike. She's just pretending. :)

Well here we are, less than 48 hours until the first few Morgan Cup names are announced. While we have been talking 2013 for a few months now, it seems official to me now that we are moving on from the great memories of 2012 and beginning our journey toward 2013. It is very bittersweet. I will cherish those memories with all those great guys forever, and I look forward to making new ones with the guys that are announced this week.

As I was sitting here thinking again about the 2012 Morgan Cup another thing that is bittersweet is that pretty soon our sponsors will be announced, which is very exciting, but that also means my journey with Callaway Golf may be coming to an end for now. I wanted to take this time to thank Callaway Golf for being such an amazing sponsor for myself and the other 7 staffers at the 2012 Morgan Cup. Before this past year I hadn't played any Callaway equipment for several years, and honestly I never really took much time to hit their equipment, so it wasn't because I thought it was inferior to anything else out there. I began my journey with Callaway very excited, but also nervous because I didn't know what to expect. As time went on I was quickly converted into a Callaway believer, and it wasn't just because they were my sponsor. It was because their equipment truly worked for me in a way that I had never experienced with any other company before. First, I took the time to go get fitted at the Callaway Fitting Studio in Chicago, which was an amazing experience. My time with Mark Krizik, the PGA Professional there, was awesome and he was very detailed in his fitting and explanations of things. The things he explained to me about golf equipment in general taught me a lot about my game, and what I learned about my swing during that time made a huge difference in the equipment I played. From there I selected my equipment, and my words couldn't even begin to say how great they worked for me. I believe that the way I played golf wasn't just because of all the practice I had put in, but because of the quality if equipment I had in my hand.

As if my experience with Callaway Golf hadn't been great enough already, what really made it special for me at The Morgan Cup was to have Chad, the Callaway rep, following along with us all each round cheering us on. I know that there are other things that may have kept the other reps from sticking around for the weekend, I thought the reps for the other companies was great, but Chad came around and watched is, interacted with us, took pictures with us, and STILL interacts with us on Twitter. He is an amazing guy and Callaway better not ever let him go. Anyone sponsored by Callaway this year is in for a real treat working with Chad during the weekend.

Callaway has blown my mind over the last year, and I have no doubt they are going to step it up again this year. My journey with Callaway golf has been a wild ride, one that I will never forget. As we get ready to start a new journey toward 2013 I just want to thank Callaway Golf, Chad, and Mark Krizik for making sure this journey was a once in a lifetime experience. I have a whole new respect for Callaway Golf and what they have to offer, I will continue to use your products and recommend them to other golfers in the coming years, because I have no doubt Callaway will continue to build upon what is already an AMAZING line of golf equipment, and we have already seen a preview of that in the 2013 RAZR X Forged iron. 2013 Callaway staffers, be prepared for the ride of your life.

My crazy homerisms for the Callaway Razr X MBs may have just been obliterated with the release of the new Razr X Forged irons..

I would rep the ever living heck outta those beauties!

I loved the feel of those mb's, all except the stinger I hit. Can't imagine how sweet these New ones will be!

Deano, the new ones?

Deano, the new ones?

Yeah hit the mb's down in atl, drooling over the pics of the New stuff x forged line for 2013 now though

I'm a long way from gaming mb's but one can dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back