2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very excited that there will be another Morgan Cup next year!

Lots of PM's guys and thank you for the kind words. Rather than respond to every single one, I will answer all the questions here.

We have not said anything about venue. You never know where the 2013 Morgan Cup will be.
There will be changes as there is every year to the THP events.
Two things that will not change, minimum post count and handicap minimum.
Working on something for Albatross Club Members as far as entering, but have not finalized anything on that note as it stands.

Thank you for sharing that with everyone :)

And TY for organizing such an awesome event!

I sat in my insomnia ridden state last night and was just thinking about this and trying to get it to sink in.

Yet again another group of golfer's is going to get the chance to live out a dream as well as do all of THP proud. Who would have thought when Josh came out to all of us with the idea of the MC 1.0 we would be sitting here talking about the MC 3.0 being a reality? I cannot say enough to all of you involved this past weekend, competitors, companies, and volunteer's alike just how incredible it has already been to witness all of this from the spectator's perspective. You can 100% tell that it was a true family experience, and that to me says it all.

It may be played out and cliche but I really I hope to be a part of 3.0 one way or the other. Thank you Morgan and Josh, thank you to the 23 other staffer's, thank you to Callaway, Bridgestone, and Cleveland as well. I am but a spectator and it has still completely blown me away...and we haven't even seen the footage yet!

Excellent news to hear! I know I couldn't participate since I joined this spring after all was set in stone, but I am more sad that I couldn't participate as a volunteer, but work and life got in the way. After seeing what a blast the MC is, put it down in pen that I will be there year, whether as a participant or volunteer, I will be there.

Dan

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Im pretty impressed with everything that has been said and done. Well done JB, GG, and THP. Glad to see there will be a 2013 that I and many others will get a chance at entering!

One-t,
That was a great post. There is one other thing that makes this incredible. The fact that ONE MAN has a chance to be the Three Time, Three Time, Three Time Morgan Cup Champion.
hahahaha....damn!

Can't wait to hear more about MC 2013!

Even though I don't see my game being at a place where I'll be ready to even apply to be a participant any time soon, it sure does feel great to know that the tradition is going to continue. That means that we all get to keep dreaming about it.

I think I might aspire to be a cameraman in 2013.

Now that I know what this event is like and being at the outing this year, i will plan to be at both by planning for these events in the upcoming year. No more jumping in at the last second like I did at the outing, although, that worked out well! I'm so pumped this will happpen next year!

I can't believe I have the honor of returning to such an event. To be part of one is amazing enough, but to be able to do it again is just unbelievable. I hope to see each of my teammates return at least one more time, and I hope each of the other participants consider entering again, because every one of you are amazing people.

I can't believe I have the honor of returning to such an event. To be part of one is amazing enough, but to be able to do it again is just unbelievable. I hope to see each of my teammates return at least one more time, and I hope each of the other participants consider entering again, because every one of you are amazing people.

Let's see if luck of the Irish will continue to flow for you guys! :D

I expect your gallery to be even bigger next year!

I am really excited for THP about the prospects of another Morgan Cup!

It REALLY means a lot to those of us who have been unable to participate directly, that these can continue.
Only a months ago I was talking to another THPer, lamenting that if this was the last MC, I would have never had a chance to experience it in any fashion.

I just want to give a personal thanks to the 24 players who gave it there all this past weekend. You not only played great golf and had a life altering experience- but you set the groundwork for more people to share in that experience!

JB and GG- you guys are fantastic, and I am proud to be a part of this community and to consider you among my friends! You bleed Green and White, and sacrifice so much of yourselves for these forums.

Lastly. THANK YOU to the sponsors for EVERYTHING they have done. We can thank GG, THP, and everyone else- but without the sponsors stepping up to the plate this event would never happen, let alone keep happening. From a consumer standpoint, I have already made one purchase based strictly on the companies support of the MC, and I will continue to do so!

I can't make any promises, but I sure as heck will try my hardest to experience this event next year- playing, volunteering, or simply cheering along!

Log on THP this morning and see this thread, just absolutely awesome. I'll be there, without a doubt, playing or helping, I'm going to be there.

Thanks again to the 24 Staffers, GG and all the volunteers. You guys created a great weekend that all the other THPer's could follow along with. Thank you for giving us that chance at another Morgan Cup. There is a reason that this is the best Golf Forum, and its because of all of you.

Log on THP this morning and see this thread, just absolutely awesome. I'll be there, without a doubt, playing or helping, I'm going to be there.

Same. In a few months when we get dates and location announced, I'll plan the time off. It sounds like the volunteers had just as much fun as the players, if not more. You just can't beat that and hey, no pressure on shanking one on camera

Thanks to everyone who made the possibility of continuing this next year happen! I followed this very closely and it is a fabulous event.

I will have to see about getting myself involved with this in 2013 in one way or another.

MORGAN CUP 3.0!!! I almost feel sorry for who ever is selected to this as they will have a huge task in raising the bar from the crew of Morgan Cup 2.0. You guy's really do deserve a huge pat on the back for a job well done. Something as truly special as this deserves a chance to continue and grow and it makes me extremely happy to see this announcement. From the very inception of the Morgan Cup I've just been blown away by the concept, execution and creativity JB and GG put into this. To say these two work their arse's off for all of us is a complete understatement, with that said I really hope this get's easier and easier to produce during 3.0.

Thanks to JB, GG, all the companies involved and those individuals who gave their time and efforts in and behind the scenes. Job well done!

Same. In a few months when we get dates and location announced, I'll plan the time off. It sounds like the volunteers had just as much fun as the players, if not more. You just can't beat that and hey, no pressure on shanking one on camera
...or shanking one at the camera. :bulgy-eyes:

Seriously though dude, helping out the MC was absolutely awesome. I would do it again in heartbeat.

Seriously though dude, helping out the MC was absolutely awesome. I would do it again in heartbeat.
That is exactly how I feel. It killed me not to be there running around with you.

Sounds like it man. I can't even begin to fathom how much fun you had

Sounds like it man. I can't even begin to fathom how much fun you had

Agreed. Being a volunteer sounds like a tremendous amount of fun and a great way to help out and participate! Just being there seems amazing.

If circumstance allows, I hope to go as a volunteer.

My game is no where near good enough to apply nor is there (yet :)) a women's "team". As progressive as THP is though, I'm sure that will come to pass at some point.

I can point a camera and run errands like a champ though :D

Four main golf goals for 2013:

1. Heal completely from a torn ligament in my left wrist.
2. Drop 80 lbs by June 1st.
3. Get selected for MC3.
4. Play in at least 2 Monday qualifiers.

Excuse me while I go to the gym...

Ryan, you were awesome too dude! All of you guys were incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back