2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good plan buddy. Speaking of True Blue bunkers...

[video=youtube;9LPGItz-hIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LPGItz-hIg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

hahahaha "There's not much bunker left" -- JakeNation is going to be great to meet first hand.

C grind on the 60. Need to be able to lay that baby as flat open as possible at times, especially out of those green side waste bunkers at True Blue!

or just don't hit it in the bunkers :alien:

Question for all the Morgan Cuppers. If you absolutely had to pick 1 thing, what are you looking forward to most?

Question for all the Morgan Cuppers. If you absolutely had to pick 1 thing, what are you looking forward to most?

spending time on some great courses with great people.

that was one of the worst lies I've ever seen in a bunker.

I still think the worst one I saw was Kelly on Sunday #17 at TB...that big bunker next to the green....he embedded it just under the lip...we could see about a dime's size circle of the ball..it was ugly!

Great question man. Probably the team aspect. I've grown really close to guys I haven't even met yet as there has been so much communication with all of us. I've always loved team sports but this is my first time with golf having that team atmosphere. It's going to be awesome playing the competition and also cheering on your team mates.

And at the end of the day being able to celebrate everyone's successes, not just your team but everyone.

For the entire event? The friendships. I said it in my bio, the friendships I've built through THP are life changing, and I can't wait to see what comes of my experiences with teammates, competitors, and volunteers.

First tee on Saturday morning.

Hoisting the cup on Sunday!!!!

Seriously this event is about so much more that the competition. I sensed that going into it having watched the previous two and talking to those who were part of them. If I had to say the one thing I was looking forward to most, I would say would be meeting everyone and just hanging out and getting to know all the golfers, volunteers and supporters. That to me is what this, and every THP event should be about, the THP family.

When the final putt drops and we have a winning team after all this lead up and hoop-la. There's nothing more exciting than winning a team competition like this. Win or lose that ending is so surreal and awesome. Then the celebration that comes is off the charts!

First tee on Saturday morning.

Yep yep!

Excited, nervous, anxious, giddy, surreal.

So many emotions run through while standing there watching others and waiting your turn. Unlike anything else I have ever experienced.

Yep yep!

Excited, nervous, anxious, giddy, surreal.

So many emotions run through while standing there watching others and waiting your turn. Unlike anything else I have ever experienced.

I am actually glad to be in the final match Saturday morning. I will get to cheer on so many old and new friends with their start to the event. That's going to be awesome.

I actually thought about this while practicing this morning. Besides the golf and meeting folks, I'm looking forward to media day with all 32 present and accounted for. Should be awesome!

I still think the worst one I saw was Kelly on Sunday #17 at TB...that big bunker next to the green....he embedded it just under the lip...we could see about a dime's size circle of the ball..it was ugly!

Nearly had to kneel down to get that one out

that was one of the worst lies I've ever seen in a bunker.

I had a pretty disgusting plug into the side of the greenside bunker on TB #7 Sunday.

Easy, the people. I can't wait to meet some of the guys that I have been sharing this journey with face to face.

This year will be about meeting up with friends from last year and making new ones

The friendships, without a doubt.

There are a lot of members on THP who are extremely close. Frankly, I'm jealous of that. It's at these types of events where such bonds are formed.

I also agree with dhill that the team aspect is awesome too. I likely will never get a chance to play team golf again. This is why I really, really hope THP continues to embrace team events, whether intended to be serious or just fun.

Sunday after the rounds over having a few drinks with all of my friends, new and old.

Enjoying a few cold ones while trading stories and reliving the weekend and the last 10 months and how far we've all come together.

I am looking forward to hanging out with all the guys in the evenings and catching up on their experiences from each day.

Sunday after the rounds over having a few drinks with all of my friends, new and old.

Sunday afternoon balcony beers go down pretty sweet

Hanging out with everyone including the volunteers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back