2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are a ton of quality videos to go through, I just hope we get some bloopers as well. I can tell you some of the commentary I caught while wait for putts to be dropped, was truly epic.

Far as I could tell we kept the level of swearing at a minimum. I played 2 rounds with Chunky and heard very little F bombs, I was kind of disappointed.

I did call Chunky a blooming idiot while the camera was rolling, I hope it was far enough from me. I didn't realize it was on! Whoops.

Looks like you all just have a wonderful time out there. Congrats to all who made it, especially the winners who get to go back again.

Far as I could tell we kept the level of swearing at a minimum. I played 2 rounds with Chunky and heard very little F bombs, I was kind of disappointed.

I did call Chunky a blooming idiot while the camera was rolling, I hope it was far enough from me. I didn't realize it was on! Whoops.
He did deserve it though.

Looks like you all just have a wonderful time out there. Congrats to all who made it, especially the winners who get to go back again.

This was only a one year thing last year Duey.

One more thing about my sponsor Callaway Golf and the equipment they provided us this year. My bag is staying put for the foreseeable future and that is a testament to what this clubs are doing for my game. I will have more to say in the appropriate threads (MD2, Xtreme, XHot FW, X Forged irons, Tank) but I am really happy with how my equipment worked out for me this year in the Morgan Cup.

Thank You Callaway Golf for what you are doing!

Like War said, he deserved it. And it was hilarious

This was only a one year thing last year Duey.

Oh, guess I took for granted again, lol. Congrats anyway everyone!

I was just telling some people in my office how I got to experience somethings on the course this weekend that I am pretty sure I will never experience again.

You got that right, I can't wait for the recap thread to get all my thoughts collected!!!

You got that right, I can't wait for the recap thread to get all my thoughts collected!!!

I feel like I need to start writing things down now so I don't forget anything I want to say.

I feel like I need to start writing things down now so I don't forget anything I want to say.
I know exactly what you mean, I think a word doc is in my future tonight!!!

This was by far the coolest thing to see in person!!!

The Staff at True Blue could not have been better. From the guys in the proshop to the cart lady and the guys at the bag drop. They just made you feel welcome and wanted you to enjoy your time there. Once again great service by that course.

The Staff at True Blue could not have been better. From the guys in the proshop to the cart lady and the guys at the bag drop. They just made you feel welcome and wanted you to enjoy your time there. Once again great service by that course.

The guys at the bag drop were incredible! I didn't have a ride back to my villa after one practice round and the guy took me in the cart and drove me back! Didn't have too, but did. Wonderful staff at that club!

The guys at the bag drop were incredible! I didn't have a ride back to my villa after one practice round and the guy took me in the cart and drove me back! Didn't have too, but did. Wonderful staff at that club!

1. You should have called me
2. That is an incredible gesture by them.

So much truth to that. I would walk by someone with my staff hat on and without me saying a word they would ask if I needed anything, if there was anything they could do to help. Such a great staff at True Blue.

So much truth to that. I would walk by someone with my staff hat on and without me saying a word they would ask if I needed anything, if there was anything they could do to help. Such a great staff at True Blue.

that or they saw that bruise that chunky left on your leg and was worried you wouldn't make it:alien:

The cart lady who kept cold ice in our cups was awesome! Only thing that would have made the staff at true blue better was if they offered to hit my tee balls for me.

I'm safe at home, bags and all with me, awesome, y'all.

What a feeling to come home from such an amazing event! What a week, can't believe I got to be a part of this. I'm can't keep my eyes open at the moment, so I'll get back to you soon!

Good putt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Awesome meeting you dude! Glad you made it home as well as your bags. I know you didn't think they would make the flight from Chicago.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

that or they saw that bruise that chunky left on your leg and was worried you wouldn't make it:alien:

My skorts covered it!! That's what I got for beating Chunky thru 4 holes. He had to stop that stuff early:wink:
Spoiler
Really I just slipped on the pine straw

The staff at True Blue was UNBELIEVABLE. If I was to join Augusta... THAT is how I would expect to be treated. Going out of their way to help at every opportunity, just unreal. You could tell they were excited about the event also.

On Saturday when I was feeling bad, one of the cart guys said I wasn't looking good and asked if I needed anything. He also asked how I was feeling on Sunday morning, that is just phenomenal.

The cart lady who kept cold ice in our cups was awesome! Only thing that would have made the staff at true blue better was if they offered to hit my tee balls for me.

I wouldn't have minded that either

True Blue staff were incredible. Anything we needed even last minute, they were there. Shortcuts? Here's how to get there. Last minute cart? Take this one or even theirs.

Cart attendants? Like second mom's. Here are two cups of ice, it's hot out there. Park over there, it's more shaded. Just fantastic treatment. Southern hospitality in perfect form.

I know one hole I was video some tee shots come back to my cart and there was a fresh cup of ice water. Told me I needed to stay hydrated.

I love that golf course so much. Caledonia gets more publicity, but the layout at True Blue fits my eye better, and the hospitality that their staff shows elevates it to another level for me. I want to go back there again really soon.

I'm with Ary on the True Blue love. It's one of my all-time favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back