2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be the first to tell everybody that this year's Morgan Cup will be different than those in the past. We have addressed it in a few other threads, but will do again here. First off, many of the threads that we have leading up to selections are great for fun and banter. Come the beginning when all teams are announced, these threads will be closed.

The goal of the Morgan Cup staff this year is to make it a community event. Its the job of the participants to "bring in" the forum, and not the job of the forum to engage the participants. The forum will act as a backdrop or canvas, if you will, for the participants. Designated threads are gone, and instead will be replaced by conversation throughout in the appropriate threads and in doing so should eliminate most of the every day banter that made it difficult for those that were not participating to follow along.

Get ready folks. Its almost here!!!

Good post, and a welcomed and refreshing change from years past. Truly shows that this event keeps getting better every single year!
Let me be the first to tell everybody that this year's Morgan Cup will be different than those in the past. We have addressed it in a few other threads, but will do again here. First off, many of the threads that we have leading up to selections are great for fun and banter. Come the beginning when all teams are announced, these threads will be closed.

The goal of the Morgan Cup staff this year is to make it a community event. Its the job of the participants to "bring in" the forum, and not the job of the forum to engage the participants. The forum will act as a backdrop or canvas, if you will, for the participants. Designated threads are gone, and instead will be replaced by conversation throughout in the appropriate threads and in doing so should eliminate most of the every day banter that made it difficult for those that were not participating to follow along.

That makes a ton of sense. Can't. Freaking. Wait.

I was thinking back to when the Morgan Cup became more real for me. When the Team naming thread was going & i got a bit out there with my acronyms. I was taken to the woodshed for getting out of hand. That is when I realized it was a serious event with real responsibilities, risks, & rewards. I appreciate that moment.

*activate Bart Scott* CAN'T WAIT *deactivate Bart Scott*

Yeah dude... Maybe you should join us. Morgan Cup selection viewing party from Canadan's!

If I didnt have to work Sunday night I would be there. But sadly I have to be to work by 10:30.
well, we need a 4th :)

Kids in bed at 7:30 on Sunday, no time chance of distractions!

If its early enough and I would have enough time to get home to see the announcements, you never know....

I like it. It should clean things up and make it easier for the people who just hop on the forum from time to time to keep pace and not feel overwhelmed (or in the case of the trash talk thread, feel turned off like I know several people were).

Change is good, its not something to be afraid of!

I like these changes, it will help keep things on topic more and lead to better interaction between MCers and the Forum

Nice post. I am excited how it is going to work this year. I know it is going to be tough for some, but I think everybody can step up to the challenge of change. I personally think this is going to make this event even better.

I have no doubt the changes will make a great event even more polished with a professional tone to it! Great job by those who made this happen :clapp:

What.....no trash talking thread? That's it....I'm out. :bashful: I'm glad me and TC are still friends after that.

Great to see the MC moving in a positive direction.

*activate Bart Scott* CAN'T WAIT *deactivate Bart Scott*

So much better when you hear it. But I did the voice in my head.

After going back through last years threads, it will be pretty cool to see how this plays out. Gonna be great to be able to engage more with the participants and not have to worry if you miss a day that you'll be completely lost! Awesomeness.

Great post JB. This will make it easier to find and stay focused on the day to day preparations of the Morgan Cup Players.
And def. a better way to converse with a player one may be following to hear the ins and out's of the of their thought's and get better feedback to questions one may have for them.

What.....no trash talking thread? That's it....I'm out. :bashful: I'm glad me and TC are still friends after that.

lol. that thread was actually fun. the issue later being that some people don't correctly understand how to read "Internet speak", sarcasm, or take a joke lightly.

regardless, i think it's a good move, getting rid of it. i'm sure none of the sponsors were thrilled with it, if they even went in there to start. and it was one of the fasting moving threads i've ever seen on here. not only is it tough to keep up, but i believe it drew attention away from the main goal and what was really at hand. moving forward and focusing more on the event, sponsors, etc...is definitely a good thing.

I am excited that thread is gone. I thought it brought out some negative sides to some great people.

I am ready. I am enjoying digging in to each sponsors club selections. Love the banter & excitement surrounding the announcements. I am excited to see what the MC threads will look like this year. I am ready to do what I can to support THP & all the rest.

I am excited that thread is gone. I thought it brought out some negative sides to some great people.

I'm split on this decision. While it was tough for outsiders to follow, it did show some raw emotion and passion from those participating in the event. The emotion displayed in this event is what stood out the most to me compared to other amateur events I've seen.

Being that I wasn't hear here last year I like where JjB wants to take this event this year. Great words.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm split on this decision. While it was tough for outsiders to follow, it did show some raw emotion and passion from those participating in the event. The emotion displayed in this event is what stood out the most to me compared to other amateur events I've seen.

After seeing two years of it. I just didn't even like going in to the thread. I thought most of it hurt the forum as a whole.

Good move. Past mc participants did a great job and improving on that should be the goal. Like forum testing has improved so will the mc. Banter and trash talk builds bonds, but even I had trouble getting on board and I'm a regular. I already see the captains get it and that will spread. Diggin the way things are starting.

haha thanks for dropping video on that Brad. I didn't have a clue what TyNo was talking about.

So much better when you can hear it haha.

Love it JB. I'm so excited for the announcements to start on Sunday. Everyone who gets in fully deserves it, whether you have 100 posts or 10,000 posts.

Love it JB. I'm so excited for the announcements to start on Sunday. Everyone who gets in fully deserves it, whether you have 100 posts or 10,000 posts.

I personally like 13,693 posts, but I do agree with u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back