2013 Srixon Q-Star - Review Thread

I've played my last two rounds with these and I like them. Im seeing good distance off all clubs, they are holding the greens with a little run out, and feel great off my putter. They are around 30 USD a dozen over here and one of the cheaper balls about half the price of most other balls. They also seem to be pretty durable as well. I think these might be just what I am looking for.

I picked up some Q Stars on sale at DSG the other day, thinking I would give them away to some of my golfing buddies if I didn't like them. I tried the prior generation of Q Star (without SpinSkin) and wasn't very impressed, but had some DSG points I had to use so I thought I would try them again. I put the Q Star in play on a few holes yesterday, and WOW! This is NOT the same ball as a few years ago. I didn't gain anything with my driver or long irons compared to my normal ball (E6 and Callaway Supersoft) but around the green these Q Stars really shined. They seemed to hit and stop, or only roll out a few feet at most. I do not spin my approach shots so I got used to playing for roll out, and had to make an adjustment with the Q Star because these just seemed to stick.
It's on the high end of what I'm willing to pay for a dozen golf balls, but will pick up some more when I find them on sale.
I think it's fair to say that I won't be sharing these.

I picked up some Q Stars on sale at DSG the other day, thinking I would give them away to some of my golfing buddies if I didn't like them. I tried the prior generation of Q Star (without SpinSkin) and wasn't very impressed, but had some DSG points I had to use so I thought I would try them again. I put the Q Star in play on a few holes yesterday, and WOW! This is NOT the same ball as a few years ago. I didn't gain anything with my driver or long irons compared to my normal ball (E6 and Callaway Supersoft) but around the green these Q Stars really shined. They seemed to hit and stop, or only roll out a few feet at most. I do not spin my approach shots so I got used to playing for roll out, and had to make an adjustment with the Q Star because these just seemed to stick.
It's on the high end of what I'm willing to pay for a dozen golf balls, but will pick up some more when I find them on sale.
I think it's fair to say that I won't be sharing these.

Check eBay also. I recently got 6 dozen new shipped for under $100.

Ok I got back from my camping trip. Im not a fan of the QStars off the tee but on chips I liked them. So go figure. Nothing real useful I know. I will say most of my issues are mechanical flaws in my swing. I'm sure the ball flight is mental hurdles.

Last edited:
I sent a quick email to Cleveland/Srixon telling them how much I liked the Q-STAR and asking them not to make any changes to this ball. To my surprise, I got an email back thanking me and telling me they were sending me a sleeve of Q STARs. I thought that was pretty cool!

That is cool. I should let them know I lost several in the creek that crossed every hole almost. Maybe they'll send me a dozen lol.

Back