2013 Srixon Q-Star - Review Thread

Barring something exceptionally crazy and unexpected happening, I have zero desire to play any other golf ball.
Bold statement, I like it.

Really Peeved ( polite way to put it ) that these arent available in the UK , in fact have emailed Srixon UK giving them a hard time ...we will await their reply...if I even get one .....

Well I received a prompt reply from Srixon...colour me impressed....well for all us UK and European golfers...the Q star is known as the AD333 over here ...why change the name I don't know....if anyone wants a copy of the email pm me ...hope this helps ...gonna dig some out tomorrow see what they are like

Yup that was my understanding that the QStar was the new AD333 over here however I did not see anything about the AD333 getting the Spin Skin makeover. I also don't like the fact that the AD333 is also available in Orange but the QStar is not available in Orange.

Got out with these for a bit in between nasty weather the other day. The practice green was really soft so I don't think I got a true feel for the ball. I'm a low spin player but I did think that these were softer feeling than the prior q-stars. The color is electric to say the least.

I did a lot of chipping, pitching and putting. Saw pretty standard rollout / release for me but I liked the feel of the ball a lot better than the older ones. I need it to stop raining so much here in NC so I can get out for some good testing

Went out to the range with these after work did some chipping and 1/2 wedges around the practice green. Used the New and Original side by side for a comparison. I can definitely say that I saw more spin from all shots (high lobs,pitches,bump and run). This could possibly be one of the best comprehensive balls on the market. This is surely going to become my primary ball. I will give the ZStar and ZStar XV when they come out but they are going to have to be something special with the new spin skin to best the QStar.

Went out to the range with these after work did some chipping and 1/2 wedges around the practice green. Used the New and Original side by side for a comparison. I can definitely say that I saw more spin from all shots (high lobs,pitches,bump and run). This could possibly be one of the best comprehensive balls on the market. This is surely going to become my primary ball. I will give the ZStar and ZStar XV when they come out but they are going to have to be something special with the new spin skin to best the QStar.
Have you tried the SL?

Have you tried the SL?

Yes I really liked it as well. I wish I knew if it was going to be continued or not. I seem to think that the SL is going bye bye and the spin skin on the QStar is meant to be the replacement for it. Any rumblings on if the SL will live or die?

Yes I really liked it as well. I wish I knew if it was going to be continued or not. I seem to think that the SL is going bye bye and the spin skin on the QStar is meant to be the replacement for it. Any rumblings on if the SL will live or die?
That's a good question, and one that I do not have an answer for. Since the Q Star got the upgrade this year, I would imagine that the Z Star line is going to continue as is for a while.

The updated ZStars are rumored to be coming out later this year but are being released in the UK now. Friend of mine at Edwin Watts said that the new ZStars are in their computer for ordering but did not know what that meant.

Yup, I want to hit these.

Me too! haha. If these silly people would learn how to use the software on their own I might get some free time.

Don't buy any, I got some for you next weekend.

I will have these in play tomorrow and the Z-Star on Sunday.

Me too! haha. If these silly people would learn how to use the software on their own I might get some free time.

I'm thinking I'm about to purchase a ball sampler smorgasbord.

Don't buy any, I got some for you next weekend.

I will have these in play tomorrow and the Z-Star on Sunday.
Wont the tour van as well?

I'm thinking I'm about to purchase a ball sampler smorgasbord.
Thats not a bad idea really. I would play the Qstar in colder conditions and the Zstar in warmer if I were you. Honest opinion

So played the new 2013 yesterday and love it. I played Q-star last year and liked it better than the E6.

Now this ball outperforms last years by far to me. I hit a 70 yard 3/4 gap wedge on the first hole Par 5, 2 bounces and stopped. Last years model never did that for me. 1st hole opening bird!

I can say this ball feels softer than last but that seems to add the extra spin around the green. I feel like I can actually compress this ball. Might just be the soft feeling though.

I did have a couple pulls and pushes but they were definitely my swing and by no means a slice or hook.

I only got 9 holes in before dark, but I may not even test many more balls. I hit 4/7 fairways and 5/9 greens. I was intrigued by the Rocketballz urethane but for $5 less can't see it being worth it. I will get out again this weekend but am very excited about this ball already.

So played the new 2013 yesterday and love it. I played Q-star last year and liked it better than the E6.

Now this ball outperforms last years by far to me. I hit a 70 yard 3/4 gap wedge on the first hole Par 5, 2 bounces and stopped. Last years model never did that for me. 1st hole opening bird!

I can say this ball feels softer than last but that seems to add the extra spin around the green. I feel like I can actually compress this ball. Might just be the soft feeling though.

I did have a couple pulls and pushes but they were definitely my swing and by no means a slice or hook.

I only got 9 holes in before dark, but I may not even test many more balls. I hit 4/7 fairways and 5/9 greens. I was intrigued by the Rocketballz urethane but for $5 less can't see it being worth it. I will get out again this weekend but am very excited about this ball already.

Glad youre liking the new model over last years. Besides better green side performance, did you notice any difference off the tee between the 2?

Tapping away on my S3

Glad youre liking the new model over last years. Besides better green side performance, did you notice any difference off the tee between the 2?

Tapping away on my S3

Honestly not much difference at all between the Q stars off the tee. It did feel softer but is definitely straight.

Although the E6 has a much harder (range ball) feel to me and this doesn't at all.

Kind of reminded me of the TP3 without the driver side spin.

Thanks for sharing the thoughts RPBGator! You seem to be seeing similar performance as me, I am glad to see others giving these a go.

Finally found these at Edwin Watts, absolutely loved the last Q Star and really like what I'm hearing/reading in this thread....picked up 2 dozen, 1 white 1 yellow.

Thanks for sharing the thoughts RPBGator! You seem to be seeing similar performance as me, I am glad to see others giving these a go.

I think we were very similar. I would put this ball against any $25-30 ball on the market.

For me with the low driver spin and soft feeling around the greens, makes it perfect.

After spending hours reading the E6 it didn't sound like much changed, but the Q star changed for the better. Good job Cleveland!

This one continues to impress me. So much improvement from last years model, it's not even close! Another round with it tomorrow, cant wait!

This one continues to impress me. So much improvement from last years model, it's not even close! Another round with it tomorrow, cant wait!

This makes me happy to hear since I just grabbed a dozen!

I'm happy to hear about the new cover, I lacked spin around the greens with this ball and I want to test some of these out against the new e6, should be a great comparison

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Back