2013 THP Invitational Series #1 - Texas - Sponsored By Callaway Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2013 THP Invitational Series kicks off this year in Texas with an event that will be one to remember. The THP Tour Van will be making its way to the Dallas area and we are excited about the 1st event in the 2013 series. Check out this full post and see how all the new features coming to the THP Invitational Series this year.

CGBrandLogoLtr-S.jpg

Invitational
How do you get invited? Your Albatross Club Membership is your invitation. If you are a member of the 2013 Albatross Club, you are invited to play in this event. If you are not and want to play, all you have to do is join the club. You can do so by clicking here.

Cost
The cost for the event is $69.
This includes:
*Callaway Golf Hat
*Greens Fees
*Cart Fees
*Range Balls

When & Where
March 16th, 2013
Tangleridge Golf Course

1st Tee Time is 10:30am
Before tee off, THP will have Callaway Golf equipment out on the range to try out and enjoy. Morning check in will be at the driving range.

http://www.tangleridge.com/

Format
This THP Invitational will be a 2 man team format in which you will play your own golf ball. The kicker here is that THP will make the teams.

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. In addition this is open to men and women of all ages (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).

Prizes
Callaway Golf being the title sponsor has graciously provided us with some fantastic prizes.
Invitational Winners - Each will receive a new Callaway X-Hot driver and a year supply of golf balls.
Closest To The Pin - Dozen Callaway Golf Balls
Beat Team Callaway - A surprise that will be announced later.
Both winners will receive THP Invitational Champions Trophies.
Winners will also be featured in the THP Event Hall of Fame launching shortly.

Dinner
Post tournament, participants will be invited to get together at a local restaurant for dinner, drinks and fun. GolferGal and myself will be there and personally buy the winners their 1st beverage of the evening (age restrictions apply).

Dinner will be at 6:30pm at:
Mercado Juarez Mexican restaurant
Phone: 817-557-9776
125 E. I-20
Arlington, TX 76018

Signing Up
The THP Invitational only has a limited amount of spots. Therefore, signing up in advance is crucial to reserve your spot. To do so, send a Private Message to GolferGal that you would like a spot and she will give you payment details.

Signup payment is non-refundable. Extenuating circumstances will be handled on an individual basis

Hotel Recommendations
For those looking for something very cheap, basically clean with a bed here is a decent offering: http://www.motel6.com/reservations/m...x?searchtype=C
Motel 6 - Dallas - Euless #1345

SR 183 at Main Street/Euless Road
110 West Airport Freeway
Euless, TX 76039
(817) 545-0141

This place should have a foldout couch where you could possibly sleep 3 adults: http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...FHW/index.html

Teams
Bhilton & RonInThornton
Staticline & capt.dru
Hotled & sepfeiff
Kapsularian & Swiftflow
Tadashi & JeffReedMO
Roliver & Dtak84
Buckjob & Sharkhat
Puttin4Bird & TripleBogieTim
RoundersRob & mcook77
Nate & texashacker34
Pkielwa & NoLine
Ducmike & afwcardinal
Jank1434 & TrueFX
Goob3r & niteowl03
WestTex & hammer84
Bulldog & threeboysdad
Jman & Matthew
Zenger & JJMorris

Last edited by a moderator:
holy cow, Callaway and THP going all out for this one, and still some secrets to come

Some great prizes right there!

Sounds like a blast! Wish I could be down in Texas for this one.

Hotel recommendations:

For those looking for something very cheap, basically clean with a bed here is a decent offering: http://www.motel6.com/reservations/m...x?searchtype=C

This place should have a foldout couch where you could possibly sleep 3 adults: http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...FHW/index.html

This is going to be incredible! Awesome list of prizes including a kicker with the closest to the pins and a surprise still to be announced.

Guess I better PM GG now!!

Friday afternoon round - time 2PM - TangleRidge Golf Course (20 golfers thus far) - cost is $20 including cart

Group 1:

Buckjob
Nate
Tadashi70
Puttin4bird

Group 2:

TBT
jjmorris
WestTex
TexasHacker34

Group 3:

Cookie
RonInThornton
bulldog
ducmike

Group 4:

bhilton
pkielwa
hammer84
jank1434

Group 5:

niteowl03
dtak84
staticline
threeboysdad

Add ons: hotled & BigTex

Sunday morning round - 9AM - Grapevine Municipal Golf Course (20 thus far)

Group 1:

RoundersRob
SharkHat
RonInThornton
JeffReedMO

Group 2:

Nate
afwcardinal
dtak84
Bulldog

Group 3:

Cookie
Buckjob
WestTex
sepfeiff

Group 4:

Threeboysdad
TBT
capt.dru
jank1434

Group 5:

TrueFX
ROliver
Zeff (game day decision)

Last edited:
I suddenly want to go to Texas..

This is an amazing course and should be an absolutely awesome time

TapaTalk from the iPhone

This is what I was waiting for. Can't wait for it to get here.

wow! what a way to kick off the 2013 Invitationals....
that is one sweet prize list.

Callaway is stepping up the game here and I can say that I am very jealous of anyone able to attend this event.

I guess the saying Texas likes it big goes for a THP outing as well :thumb:

I have already sent gg my pm. I have been waiting patiently for this since the original announcement. This should be a blast.

HOLY ISH!

This is awesome. Only gets me more excited for the rest of the invitationals!

Msg sent to gg

The format is amazing, the prize list is awesome, I can't wait to see who "Team Callaway" is. I hope there are some celebrity sightings for sure!!!

The format is amazing, the prize list is awesome, I can't wait to see who "Team Callaway" is. I hope there are some celebrity sightings for sure!!!

You coming down Icey? Not too far right?

This looks really good. I like the direction that the Invitationals are taking.

I so wish that I could make the trip that weekend.

Great prize list and it sounds like a great start to the 2013 season. Thanks to Callaway Golf for their commitment on this one.

Awesome contests and prizes! PM sent!

This is shaping up to be the event to attend outside of the outing and MC. Can't wait!

You coming down Icey? Not too far right?

It isn't too far, but we've got family in town that weekend, I WISH!!! I've never actually been to Texas. Big bummer.

Text message sent to Jjmorris. If he's able to make the trek I'm in. What a great list of prizes!!!! Can't wait for this one.

It isn't too far, but we've got family in town that weekend, I WISH!!! I've never actually been to Texas. Big bummer.

All bummers are bigger in Texas. :cowboy:

Back