2013 Whitlam CU-1 Putter - THP Preview

Nice pics Jman, I am really looking forward to a video to hear for myself. Keep up the great work bro.

PS- Looks like a gorgeous day out!

Dang that is a pretty putter. Never heard of Whitlam, I am going to follow the link from the first page to get myself up to speed. Love the detail of the craftsmanship.

The contrast between the green and the putter is amazing but at the cost it ought to be.

That sure is a pretty putter! Glad you've seen good results so far, hopefully they continue. If they do, will this change your thoughts about double bent shafts for future putters?

Thanks gents!

Jake, thanks buddy, it was gorgeous 68 when I teed off!

IHWT, there is a review on the frontpage I was lucky enough to do last year of a couple very pretty and interesting ones, lots about the company itself in that one if your curious!

Fairbrand, I hear ya. Honestly though, its incredibly affordable for a solid copper putter nowadays. Still though, I get where you're coming from!

JConn, honestly, I was thinking about this on course today. I think its all about the head shape. The rounded mid-mallet "works" with the double bend look to my eye, especially compared to the blades that use it. I actually have already had my eyes opened to it a bit in that way. (if that rambling makes ANY sense at all! LOL)

Thanks, yes that makes sense. I was just curious as you said you weren't too fond of them prior. Pretty cool when a testing does that. I can't wait to continue following along with this review.

From the course!

6atu3u7u.jpg

ga4yzypu.jpg

Was a good day on the green, just tough getting TO the greens at times. Put up 30 putts.

More importantly, the roll is true. But, as with any different sound/tone it takes a bit to adjust the stroke accordingly for proper pace. It really is a unique sound, words don't do it justice, I'll be recording a video very soon.

Glad to hear about the true roll. Would be very interested to hear the sound.

The colour isn't something I generally warm to but I think it does the putter a unique justice.. Kind of makes it stand out in a different way.

Colour...hehe

Thanks though buddy, I plan on getting a good audio of it. It's different, not bad, but copper is just different for those who have never rolled it.

Got some nice thoughts for this one this week. The craftsmanship speaks for itself IMO as Whitlam/Gauge is always spot on there, even if some of the designs like th emallets are a bit much for me. This one SCREAMS clean and classic in hand and at address. I've got a few more things I want to focus on and then I'll go to paper with it all.

I'll do my best to see if I can get some sound/video tomorrow for everyone that will really show the tone, copper really is SO unique in that regard.

What a beauty putter! Love it.

DigitalSmokeSignal

Working on something SPECIAL for this one. I think some people will like it.

Looking forward to it, such beautiful lines on this baby!

Co-Review with War Eagle! Yesss!!!

That's not it, is it?

Not after your rudeness sir. Hehe

Not after your rudeness sir. Hehe
Haha! Aw, darn it.

But seriously, looking forward to what you have up your sleeve.

Hmmm, I can't wait to hear about it, Jman!

Muahahahaha!

very interesting looking....I like the copper, just not sure if I like the head shape.

The copper is gorgeous.

Plus, no patina thus far.

How is the sound? I would think copper would be soft and muted

How is the sound? I would think copper would be soft and muted

Need to upload that damn video! Knew I forgot something!

Deeper tone for sure, down a bit, more full sounding but definitely unique. Easy to see why so many say copper is so soft with the sound it has.

Need to upload that damn video! Knew I forgot something!

Deeper tone for sure, down a bit, more full sounding but definitely unique. Easy to see why so many say copper is so soft with the sound it has.

Cool, can't wait to see it....I would think copper would give a very deep sound and great feedback

Cool, can't wait to see it....I would think copper would give a very deep sound and great feedback

Definitely can, all about the cavity milling in the putter designs more than anything, with the right design altering the audible feedback you can make anything feel softer.

It's certainly a "plush" sound though.

Back