2013 Whitlam CU-1 Putter - THP Preview

I honestly thought the EXACT same thing Chunky, especially with some of the prices I've been quoted elsewhere when I've considered it.

The CS is sessy too for sure. I'm digging this double-bend though, honestly its the first one I will have ever rolled for an extended period. Always just been a CS or flow neck guy.

Dude I'm pretty vocal with my love for Bettinardi, but a Copper putter from him would cost me a car!

Dude I'm pretty vocal with my love for Bettinardi, but a Copper putter from him would cost me a car!

Believe me I know, I've looked! Even some of my other favorite putter makers I've dealt with a lot were 700+. I'm not at all saying this is a cheap price point, but for solid copper it really does have to catch your eye.

That thing is GORGEOUS! must be soft as a baby's throw being solid CU...

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

That thing is GORGEOUS! must be soft as a baby's throw being solid CU...

Surprisingly there is a good amount of audible feedback, not as clicky as SS or CS for sure, but with the head/flange design it still seems to give good feedback to the ears.

i have a few copper from Betti and they are nice.... and a copper from Machine.... LOVE the feel of copper and the weight is nice too. I really do like the look of this and i don't have a Whitlam in the collection.... hmmmm

i have a few copper from Betti and they are nice.... and a copper from Machine.... LOVE the feel of copper and the weight is nice too. I really do like the look of this and i don't have a Whitlam in the collection.... hmmmm

3...2...1...Hits new posts button and notices Buck has posted in the What Did you Buy Today thread

3...2...1...Hits new posts button and notices Buck has posted in the What Did you Buy Today thread

hahaha i have a few other offers i'm entertaining i really LOVE the design of the head shape but i'm not a huge fan of the engravings and stuff on the putter itself i think Bettinardi and Machine still have me a little spoiled.

This is the prettiest putter I've seen released during all my time on this forum.

That is one pretty putter. Love the look.

Rolling this one on the Tour Links for the past hour or so off and on again.

I really want to get out on the course badly, Monday is so far away.

That's a pretty putter. I like the top down shape, the face milling, and the clean stamping. Off-kilter hand stamping drives me crazy (ala Scotty)

Amazing color and great shape to that head!

Great great photos Jman! What stands out to the most is the attention to detail in the craftsmanship. Solid copper sounds pretty cool, I know nothing about materials. Would have to think it could have quite the impact on the sound.

Looking forward to more!

The milling is tight on that face. Very nice. Of course, the copper is just ridiculous. Such a looker.

Great great photos Jman! What stands out to the most is the attention to detail in the craftsmanship. Solid copper sounds pretty cool, I know nothing about materials. Would have to think it could have quite the impact on the sound.

Looking forward to more!

You're spot on. Its a more "dense"/heavier metal and typically it leads to the sound off of the ball being much deeper in tone, thus it gives off that feeling of incredibly "soft" as so many here would describe it.

The milling is tight on that face. Very nice. Of course, the copper is just ridiculous. Such a looker.

Its just dead pretty. Super clean too.

Surprisingly there is a good amount of audible feedback, not as clicky as SS or CS for sure, but with the head/flange design it still seems to give good feedback to the ears.

That's cool, I've never hit a pure copper putter. It's def sharp looking though!

A little late to the party, but that is one nice looking flat for sure! How is the feel compared to a copper insert?

LtEvO TaPpEd

Holy geez that is nice. I love copper putters and I will be following this one. I can only imagine it's going to feel nice and soft.

A little late to the party, but that is one nice looking flat for sure! How is the feel compared to a copper insert?

LtEvO TaPpEd

More similar than other solid copper putters I have used. The key to the sound/feel is the manipulation of mass/metal in the flange/pocket when it comes to any material, not just copper. Historically a solid one has always sounded/felt much softer to me than an insert because of the insert being backed by other metals, it usually just brings the tone down a small bit audibly. Here though, I'm getting a much higher pitch than I have with other solid copper sticks, its intriguing to me.

I've actually got just the thing sitting here to attack your very question head on though when I get out and about with it. Hehehe

Holy geez that is nice. I love copper putters and I will be following this one. I can only imagine it's going to sound nice and soft.

FIFY :alien:

Really a beautiful looking putter! I need to get me some more high quality putters. A SeeMore is on the list and now maybe a Whitlam and/or a Betti.

Awesome looking. They have some really nice putters. There's a Rasta one I must own one day.

I have never hit a copper putter. Sounds interested from what I've read so far, may have to try one.

Awesome looking. They have some really nice putters. There's a Rasta one I must own one day.

I have never hit a copper putter. Sounds interested from what I've read so far, may have to try one.

Haven't lived till you've used a solid copper for a round. Def one of my favorite materials for a putter.

I couldn't use it lol...it's too pretty to risk hurting it

So this is what JMan was teasing about late last night. Very nice. I don't see me getting along with it very well, but it is awful purty.

I couldn't use it lol...it's too pretty to risk hurting it
No such thing as a trailer queen putter! They're all made to get played!

So this is what JMan was teasing about late last night. Very nice. I don't see me getting along with it very well, but it is awful purty.
Incredibly well balanced!

Back