2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Light jogging, for me, is the best way to get the lactic acid through my system.

Although, I typically advise against treadmill running anyway. So freaking boring.

Light jogging. Not "interval training". When I hear "interval training" I think heavy on, light, heavy on. Also, most people don't go for a "light jog" on a treadmill. They go for their full blown cardio workout.

Also, I am speaking directly to heavy cardio after a leg day or with leg soreness.

Light jogging. Not "interval training". When I hear "interval training" I think heavy on, light, heavy on. Also, most people don't go for a "light jog" on a treadmill. They go for their full blown cardio workout.

Also, I am speaking directly to heavy cardio after a leg day or with leg soreness.

Oh. Be clearer next time.

#HTH

Oh. Be clearer next time.

#HTH

I did use the word "light" to describe the activity. The same word you used to describe the jogging. :)

Been a little while since a post in here but I'm back. Tonight I started a yoga series for athletes which came recommended by my chiropractor since I was having some issues with high impact workouts.

I have never really done yoga but it was very fun and very challenging. This is a 13 week program I am on for 3-4 days a week. Should end about a month away from the Morgan Cup which was my goal.

It's time to git r done

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Sets of pushups. Sad as it is to say, while I've been getting stronger generally, the specific workouts required by the Army (pushups, situps, 2 mile run) are things I haven't really been focusing on (aside from the running; my cardio is pretty good these days). So with a PT test due Friday morning, it's back to pushups and situps.

Clean and jerks followed by some rack pulls tonight. Such an effective pairing.

Squeezed in 4 miles on the mill last night.

Is anyone else obsessed with Quest bars? I've found them to be great tasting (for a pressed bar), filling, and seem to be a great quick fix for breakfast on the go (those days when a coffee and a donut are your go-to option) or a mid-day snack before my evening gym session.

Well last week was

Thursday - badminton club night
Friday - badminton match
Sunday - 18 holes of golf

This week is looking like

Thursday - badminton club night
Friday - badminton match

Not sure what the exact plans for the weekend are (it is Mothering Sunday so we will be visiting my parents at some point) but we may well try to start the jogging again

One way or another, my fitness levels will start to rise again.....

Busy week TD!

Upper body tonight for me, which I'm really looking forward to after the last two workouts featuring legs and core.

I haven't posted it in here but I just started two a days. Cardio in the early AM followed by weight training in the afternoon. I was slacking in the cardio department for a week or so because of time constraints. Turns out when you wake up an hour and a half earlier than you normally do you have more time during your day. Novel idea, I know.

I haven't posted it in here but I just started two a days. Cardio in the early AM followed by weight training in the afternoon. I was slacking in the cardio department for a week or so because of time constraints. Turns out when you wake up an hour and a half earlier than normal do you have more time during your day. Novel idea, I know.

That's what I had to do too. Otherwise I just wasn't getting enough cardio in and that's a big thing I need at the moment.

That's what I had to do too. Otherwise I just wasn't getting enough cardio in and that's a big thing I need at the moment.

I don't want to be lacking in cardio come July. That hot, humid Saturday is going to be brutal either way but everyone can make it a bit easier with preparation.

I don't want to be lacking in cardio come July. That hot, humid Saturday is going to be brutal either way but everyone can make it a bit easier with preparation.

Spot on. I was tired towards the end of my rounds this weekend and it was reflected on my scorecard. I am hoping it was the huge temp change and not playing for 6 months but I am not taking any chances.

That is incredible Nerfny!

I got back into my routine last night and it felt great. Took a couple weeks off as I was sick and then on a little vacation. Only up 2 pounds. I really only have 10 or so to go but I need to put on some more muscle at the same time. Really looking forward to some better weather so I can do some stuff outside.

That is incredible Nerfny!

I got back into my routine last night and it felt great. Took a couple weeks off as I was sick and then on a little vacation. Only up 2 pounds. I really only have 10 or so to go but I need to put on some more muscle at the same time. Really looking forward to some better weather so I can do some stuff outside.

I can't wait for better weather!! I just want to be able to run outside. It was 17* out this morning not exactly great running weather.

I can't wait for better weather!! I just want to be able to run outside. It was 17* out this morning not exactly great running weather.

You might have been colder than here. I walk past my bike everyday and keep telling myself "a few more weeks".

Just started some group training with this tiny little trainer who proceeded to kick our butts. 45 minutes of body weight and stability exercises with some stairs and medicine ball training thrown in there. We have another 6 of these scheduled over the next 2 weeks, should be a nice little intensity boost for the last bit of the gym's transformation challenge.

My HHJJ for the day involves finding PDF's for both the intermediate and advanced levels of the TRX circuits I've been doing. Still two more weeks before I can move on (or want to for that matter), but I was a little concerned about finding the next progression. Noticing a definite improvement in my ability to not only do the routines, but do them with more challenging angles and for longer time frames. Very glad I made the choice to purchase this, because I'd never have the ability to do 1/4 of what I'm doing with it at home.

I've found my way back to the gym. I spent a week and didn't go once because of the way my work schedule was, and then I was on vacation. I did get some cardio in that at my parents apartment gym and then walked who knows how much at the API at Bay Hill. I lapped the whole course once, and the back nine at least twice. But no real weight work. I was plesently surprised to see I was down even with vacation at the end of that week. But this week I am back in the gym and hitting it hard. Really have pushed myself with cardio doing some good interval training and then a good amount of stretching and some good weight work. A lot of weight work is focus around the methods that I have picked up from the Titleist Performance website and from the Joey D Golf body DVD. My rotational strength is increasing greatly as is my fast twitch rotational muscle. Its been great to be in the gym the last 3 days and I just feel better and like the direction that my body is going.

Over the course of my years on THP, I've come to know some pretty awesome people. I've never seen the kind of push to get healthy like I have seen with my friends on THP during the current winter. Not only in posts, but in photos!! You dudes are looking TRIM.

I'm proud of you guys. Keep it up, and know that I believe in you!!!!! You're all incredible motivators for me.

Over the course of my years on THP, I've come to know some pretty awesome people. I've never seen the kind of push to get healthy like I have seen with my friends on THP during the current winter. Not only in posts, but in photos!! You dudes are looking TRIM.

I'm proud of you guys. Keep it up, and know that I believe in you!!!!! You're all incredible motivators for me.

As much as I post in this thread. I'm not so much losing weight as I am moving it around.

Lower body. It sorta sucked! Better than last week, but I'm glad it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back