2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally getting back into things now that my ankle ligament is healed up. My weight loss has stagnated for the last 5 months. Once I hit 75 down it all stopped eventhough I am continuosly in better shape. In addition to Crossfit I have a 10k Saturday, 15k on 4/26 and my second half marathon 5/18. Posting here to keep myself honest and on top of things.

I am down over 27 lbs since I started eating better and working out on a regular basis back in Jan. Only 8 lbs shy of the goal I set myself for July. I feel so much better and would love to reach my goal by May. It should be fairly simple to accomplish once some warmer weather hits and I can chase the kids around outside.

I am down over 27 lbs since I started eating better and working out on a regular basis back in Jan. Only 8 lbs shy of the goal I set myself for July. I feel so much better and would love to reach my goal by May. It should be fairly simple to accomplish once some warmer weather hits and I can chase the kids around outside.

Man that's amazing. Love the drive and dedication!

Man that's amazing. Love the drive and dedication!

Thanks buddy. It is amazing what a little extra motivation and seeking help from the right people will do.

Thanks buddy. It is amazing what a little extra motivation and seeking help from the right people will do.

Well expect a few PM's coming your way. I drop 10lbs with no problem then start trending back up. I need the extra nudge to head down the slope in the right direction.

Good work captain!!!

We are all in this with you as I have about 5 more lbs to go which will be tough but worth it

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Dude this is awesome to hear. I am so pumped for you!

Good work captain!!!

We are all in this with you as I have about 5 more lbs to go which will be tough but worth it

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Every pound seems to be a little harder to get but it is awesome to watch them come off.

Installing a pull up bar in the basement at some point this week. Might start p90x3.

Last week of my gym's transformation challenge. Dont think I'm close to placing in this thing but its been awesome motivation for myself and brother. Going hard this week to try and hit my goal of 210lbs before the golf season starts.

Thank you all for the posts and kick in the ass. I have been considering cancelling my gym membership, or should I say sponsorship. I have been paying for it and not going. Kinda down in the dumps when I see how the weight has come on the last year or so. I know I can do it, I dropped 30 lbs back a few years ago but it found it's way back. Reading these updates and positives have lit a fire to get back at it. For the sake of my family, enough is enough.

Thank you all for the posts and kick in the ass. I have been considering cancelling my gym membership, or should I say sponsorship. I have been paying for it and not going. Kinda down in the dumps when I see how the weight has come on the last year or so. I know I can do it, I dropped 30 lbs back a few years ago but it found it's way back. Reading these updates and positives have lit a fire to get back at it. For the sake of my family, enough is enough.

Get after it and keep us posted. Can't tell you how much happier I am after getting rid of some extra weight.

Get ready for pull-ups and a lot of them haha

I love them. It is something I have really been missing lately.

Officially 24.5lbs gone since February. I think I'm moving towards that slow and steady point now, which was expected and fine by me. No more miracle drops. Still a ways to go, but I think I have a very effective routine going. Just takes time.

Upper body circuits last night and as I get more used to the suspension straps I feel like I'm able to maximize what I'm doing with them better. There's ways to make it more challenging for sure, but it takes a little experience. One more week after this and then on to the next phase, which looks to be pretty intense. Going to really bear down on the lower body and core work this week, since that's what I struggle more with. Gotta get that base tuned up to move up.

Talking a lot with Hawk & seeing Howzat really got me going on it. Today was day 2 at the gym. I am determined to reach my goal. More now than I have ever been.

Officially 24.5lbs gone since February. I think I'm moving towards that slow and steady point now, which was expected and fine by me. No more miracle drops. Still a ways to go, but I think I have a very effective routine going. Just takes time.

Upper body circuits last night and as I get more used to the suspension straps I feel like I'm able to maximize what I'm doing with them better. There's ways to make it more challenging for sure, but it takes a little experience. One more week after this and then on to the next phase, which looks to be pretty intense. Going to really bear down on the lower body and core work this week, since that's what I struggle more with. Gotta get that base tuned up to move up.

So proud of you dude. You make me want to work harder everyday.

Talking a lot with Hawk & seeing Howzat really got me going on it. Today was day 2 at the gym. I am determined to reach my goal. More now than I have ever been.

I may start doing the gym on the weekends. Just to get out of the damn house. The wood paneling is depressing. Good on you dude.

So proud of you dude. You make me want to work harder everyday.

Right back at you Erik! Plenty of mornings spent thinking I need to go a little bit harder today to catch up with you. It's been nice to have some people along for the ride and some people I can feed off of.

Gotta get that base tuned up to move up.

The lower body stuff sucks but it pays bigger dividends. Don't feel bad if you have to take longer breaks during harder sets, it's better to finish the workout and it take longer than to cut it short because you're gassed. Obviously some days will be easier than others too and you won't have to.

I love the energy in here today!!

Dont focus on the scale my friend. Focus on inches and how you feel. I am sure you feel so much better. You lost a quarter Ward.

air squats and one legged air squats are quick and killer.

The lower body stuff sucks but it pays bigger dividends. Don't feel bad if you have to take longer breaks during harder sets, it's better to finish the workout and it take longer than to cut it short because you're gassed. Obviously some days will be easier than others too and you won't have to.

That's what I keep telling myself. It's probably the most important for my end goal. The thing with these circuits is that I'm not supposed to take breaks, aside from small ones. That's freaking hard to do on lower/core. Heart rate just goes through the roof.

One unexpected benefit has been less pain in my knees, both daily and during workouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back