2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the weight loss, Josh!

Most think those bands are a fad, but using it as a motivational tool is exactly how I use mine. Not bad to have a little goal to help you on the way.

It is definitely a knowledge is power sort of thing. I can better stay on track when I know my daily burn.

I think we will see a shift in them over the next two years to more of a lifestyle device, but they are here to stay. For me I needed one that was also a watch or I knew I wouldn't wear it.
Functioning as a watch is a must for me as well.

Which one are you using? I actually ordered the Up24 by Jawbone last night, because I love the app, but cancelled the order and went with the new Withings Pulse o2.

Which one are you using? I actually ordered the Up24 by Jawbone last night, because I love the app, but cancelled the order and went with the new Withings Pulse o2.

I wasn't a fan of the Pebble. Does the Withings work independently from your phone?

I wasn't a fan of the Pebble. Does the Withings work independently from your phone?

Well it has a screen that shows data, so you do have that. But all of them I believe are set up to work with your phone or app. I looked for one that monitored sleep, could clip for golf since I dont like to wear a watch, and told me "get up and move stupid".

that's why I liked the fuelband. Just wish it had Android support. I liked the numbers and app from the Fitbit flex better, but the no watch thing made me lose interest.

The past month or so I'd been letting my overall fitness get a little on the back burner, which really isn't smart. Definitely starting to affect full rounds of golf. Making sure I get out of bed early and either assist the unit with PT or get to the gym the past few days. Feels good. Need to get some fire back.

Well it has a screen that shows data, so you do have that. But all of them I believe are set up to work with your phone or app. I looked for one that monitored sleep, could clip for golf since I dont like to wear a watch, and told me "get up and move stupid".

The "get off your ass" feature may be the best one. My wife telling me that would not be cool. I might be ok with a device doing that.

The "get off your ass" feature may be the best one. My wife telling me that would not be cool. I might be ok with a device doing that.
Yeah, GG is too nice to do that. If she would just say "Listen fatty, its time to move a bit", I think I would move.

Another T25/yoga combo done! I was only planning to do the T25 today, but I was so tired right before I did it (like yawning uncontrollably, tired) so I felt like I didn't give it 100%, therefore, I wanted to add something else to the workout.

Been really getting my core strength up with all of the down time I've had as of late. Strength everywhere, really, but core especially. Too bad I don't have a swing anymore to use with it. Need to ease up on the gym and hit the range.

4 miles tonight pushing a stroller!! My daughter has this adorable habit of cheering us on and clapping when we take her haha. It's freaking awesome.

Rebuilding my squat (at 300 I could do 330 x 3) after a big weight loss.
1x8x135
1x6x155
1x6x165

Metcon
3 rounds
1:00 ME HRPU
1:00 ME Burpees
1:00 ME American KB Swings
1:00 Rest

Got 127 total reps in the metcon which was as the bottom of my class but I was pleased with.

Rebuilding my squat (at 300 I could do 330 x 3) after a big weight loss.
1x8x135
1x6x155
1x6x165

Metcon
3 rounds
1:00 ME HRPU
1:00 ME Burpees
1:00 ME American KB Swings
1:00 Rest

Got 127 total reps in the metcon which was as the bottom of my class but I was pleased with.

Dude that is excellent. Who cares what everyone else does? You do you. As Tony H says (obnoxiously but still...) do your best and forget the rest!

Dude that is excellent. Who cares what everyone else does? You do you. As Tony H says (obnoxiously but still...) do your best and forget the rest!

Thanks. Yeah I am only 31 but work two jobs and run/golf whereas most of the people at my crossfit are early to mid 20s and do this 6 days a week.

Didn't manage it on Monday, but got out for a brief jog around the park last night (total distance was probably only a couple of miles as a mixture of jogging and walking) and it made me realise again how quickly you lose fitness when you don't do anything (March was the last time I went for a jog I think).....I was sweating slightly by the time I had finished.....

Not entirely sure if it was the jogging or if I slept awkwardly last night but I did wake up this morning with some back pain so going to keep an eye on that the next time I head out - had to do more stretching this morning than I usually do

How do you like the T25 program? I've been looking at that recently. 60-90 mins a day is hard to find with my new role at work and the family. 25 mins would be much more doable.

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3

I really like it. It goes by super quickly and you will SWEAT! I am usually dripping after the first 5 minutes, and my heart rate is pretty much maxed out the entire time. He packs a lot into 25 minutes. And it has different levels, so you are never bored, and can always push yourself.

I actually look forward to doing it each day, and that has never happened to me before. I actually wasn't planning on doing the T25, it was more of a fill in for my days off from yoga, but I liked it so much that I decided to do both.

2lbs last week, which fits right in the with same weird thing I've had going on from day one. 1 week of 2lbs, next week a slightly bigger drop. It's like clockwork and I don't get it, but I don't question it.

I do really question when/if this last little bit of stupid beer belly is going to disappear. I don't really know how much more I should realistically try to lose to get rid of it, but I'm going to see where I'm at 10lbs from now.

2lbs last week, which fits right in the with same weird thing I've had going on from day one. 1 week of 2lbs, next week a slightly bigger drop. It's like clockwork and I don't get it, but I don't question it.

I do really question when/if this last little bit of stupid beer belly is going to disappear. I don't really know how much more I should realistically try to lose to get rid of it, but I'm going to see where I'm at 10lbs from now.

Impressive. I have been struggling forever to get below where I am now. I will get to here and then bounce back up. This time I am committed to the schedule to get that last 10 lbs off.

Following your journey has been awesome.

Thanks man. It's truly just been like clockwork and I've been fortunate in that regard, but my intake during the week is very low. I think I'm going to have to change up my workout routine to burn off the last little bit though. Then I'll try to figure out what sort of intake I can manage to maintain going forward. A few extra calories a day would be nice.

Thank you for the incentive I have gained in this thread. I met with a nutritionist yesterday, starting a new course on what and how I eat. I know what I have to do, now it's all up to me to stay on track.

Thank you for the incentive I have gained in this thread. I met with a nutritionist yesterday, starting a new course on what and how I eat. I know what I have to do, now it's all up to me to stay on track.

You can do eeeeet!

I really like it. It goes by super quickly and you will SWEAT! I am usually dripping after the first 5 minutes, and my heart rate is pretty much maxed out the entire time. He packs a lot into 25 minutes. And it has different levels, so you are never bored, and can always push yourself.

I actually look forward to doing it each day, and that has never happened to me before. I actually wasn't planning on doing the T25, it was more of a fill in for my days off from yoga, but I liked it so much that I decided to do both.

I think the highlighted above is a big improvement over Insanity I know they are different programs with different goals but I liked that T25 has a sclaed version of all of the excercises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back