I think Penn Terra is terrible and would eliminate that one first. The other two are decent. What about Miami Valley GC? They are looking for members. It's more than the other choices but it's a wonderful golf course.

The only bonus about Penn Terra is it would save me money on lessons and cut my range fee in half.

Miami Valley is way out of my price range at the moment and I'm not one to rub elbows there(if that makes sense, just not my crowd). If I had the money burning a hole in my pocket I'd think about it but I don't.

Medina CC had a crazy deal goin last year. $4,000 for the year with access to Shale Creek and The Quarry

All at once or monthly? Is it private? Cause I know the others arent

All at once or monthly? Is it private? Cause I know the others arent

Medina is yes. And I'm not sure of the structure of the payments. But I'm pretty sure it's $4,000 at sign up then dues monthly. But that's still a lot better than most places.

Medina is yes. And I'm not sure of the structure of the payments. But I'm pretty sure it's $4,000 at sign up then dues monthly. But that's still a lot better than most places.

4k and monthly is a little pricey for my blood...with all the thp stuff I want to do its probably a waste

4k and monthly is a little pricey for my blood...with all the thp stuff I want to do its probably a waste

Ya. Your better off finding a public/semi private course that has yearly memberships that are along the lines of $X per year and you get unlimited access to the course. Just pay cart fees. The course by my house is $400 for the year and that's good for weekdays before 2 and weekends after 1 but I still pay $15 for a cart each round

Ya. Your better off finding a public/semi private course that has yearly memberships that are along the lines of $X per year and you get unlimited access to the course. Just pay cart fees. The course by my house is $400 for the year and that's good for weekdays before 2 and weekends after 1 but I still pay $15 for a cart each round

Could u walk? Is it super busy on weekends? Whats it called?

Could u walk? Is it super busy on weekends? Whats it called?

I think during the week you can walk. It's never super busy. They do have some high school tournaments throughout the year that they shut down for but that's only a couple times a year. It's Fox Creek in Lorain. It used to be Lorain CC then went public. Couple years after going public the course went to hell fast. But new management has really taken care of it. It's in great shape and is a very fun course. A lot
of elevation changes and undulated greens. They also roll the greens every morning which is rare around here but it makes for some slick putts which I enjoy.

I think during the week you can walk. It's never super busy. They do have some high school tournaments throughout the year that they shut down for but that's only a couple times a year. It's Fox Creek in Lorain. It used to be Lorain CC then went public. Couple years after going public the course went to hell fast. But new management has really taken care of it. It's in great shape and is a very fun course. A lot
of elevation changes and undulated greens. They also roll the greens every morning which is rare around here but it makes for some slick putts which I enjoy.

Off topic but I used to play tennis there in high school, can't speak to the golf course but the indoor tennis facility was quite nice.

I've been considering a few private courses for next year as well. My buggiest struggle this year was deciding where to play. I play alone a lot and find setting up tee times to be trying at times. I normally end up at a course that cheap and close buy my house. While the price is right the conditions are not. I would like to find a quality club that offers nice practice facilities as well as a nice course. I definitely think it's worth the monthly membership and it would solve my indecision about where to play. The courses I'm looking at are Terrace Park Country Club, The Oasis, and Obannon Creek. I drove my wife by Terrace Park CC and she really liked it, bonus! I plan on getting more serious after the first of the year.

I played Staley once before the clubhouse was open, its greens were crazy. Other than that it was a good facility. I've only played GC of Kansas once and I enjoyed it. They are VERY proud of the course, it is very nice though, some really well designed holes. Tough when the wind blows.

Never played either. I only know one person who has played Staley, and he played it because he and his wife were considering buying a house up there, so they let him play the course for free. And he's not really a golfer. They ended up moving to Ohio instead. I've only played Prairie Highlands and Dub's Dread in Kansas. I like Dub's, it's a fun course to play. I don't remember Prairie Highlands as it was 10 years ago when I played it. But it's a long drive for me to play anything south of the river, so I generally stay up north, which is why I've been looking at Liberty Hills. Only about 20 minutes from me.

I've been considering a few private courses for next year as well. My buggiest struggle this year was deciding where to play. I play alone a lot and find setting up tee times to be trying at times. I normally end up at a course that cheap and close buy my house. While the price is right the conditions are not. I would like to find a quality club that offers nice practice facilities as well as a nice course. I definitely think it's worth the monthly membership and it would solve my indecision about where to play. The courses I'm looking at are Terrace Park Country Club, The Oasis, and Obannon Creek. I drove my wife by Terrace Park CC and she really liked it, bonus! I plan on getting more serious after the first of the year.

Those look like some really nice courses

Terrace Park is excellent. Especially if you need the extra country club stuff. Great choice. I haven't played Oasis but the vibe there wasn't to my liking.

I am debating whether to join somewhere local (for me, either Champions Trace or Lexington CC) or do a national membership at a place I could take some buddies for a weekend. Choices for that would be something like Firestone which is a 4 hour drive. All depends on cost I guess.

Never played either. I only know one person who has played Staley, and he played it because he and his wife were considering buying a house up there, so they let him play the course for free. And he's not really a golfer. They ended up moving to Ohio instead. I've only played Prairie Highlands and Dub's Dread in Kansas. I like Dub's, it's a fun course to play. I don't remember Prairie Highlands as it was 10 years ago when I played it. But it's a long drive for me to play anything south of the river, so I generally stay up north, which is why I've been looking at Liberty Hills. Only about 20 minutes from me.

That's one of the bonuses of working in the golf industry for as long as I did, I got to play a lot of courses for free. Got invited to play in a lot of scrambles as well. Of course now I'm trying to find ways on to the few private clubs I haven't played in KC. I haven't played Wolf Creek, KCCC, Lake Quivira, Indian Hills, Oakwood, Meadowbrook or The National. Outside of that I think I have most of the private clubs covered. I've played nearly all of the public courses though. I used to have a spreadsheet with all the courses in KC on it and I'd mark a course off the list once I played it. Did you know that there are over 65 courses in the KC metro? That's crazy!

I like the Oasis, plus you have Canadan there!

That's one of the bonuses of working in the golf industry for as long as I did, I got to play a lot of courses for free. Got invited to play in a lot of scrambles as well. Of course now I'm trying to find ways on to the few private clubs I haven't played in KC. I haven't played Wolf Creek, KCCC, Lake Quivira, Indian Hills, Oakwood, Meadowbrook or The National. Outside of that I think I have most of the private clubs covered. I've played nearly all of the public courses though. I used to have a spreadsheet with all the courses in KC on it and I'd mark a course off the list once I played it. Did you know that there are over 65 courses in the KC metro? That's crazy!

65????? That doesn't seem possible. Now, of those, which ones are actually worth playing? Thats the more imporant question. I have only played one private course, and that's Blue Springs, and that was a LONG time ago, before they started allowing public play. I've only played a few south of the river: Swope, Royal MEadows, Winterstone, Dub's, Prairie. Apart from that, all of mine are north.

65????? That doesn't seem possible. Now, of those, which ones are actually worth playing? Thats the more imporant question. I have only played one private course, and that's Blue Springs, and that was a LONG time ago, before they started allowing public play. I've only played a few south of the river: Swope, Royal Meadows, Winterstone, Dub's, Prairie. Apart from that, all of mine are north.

Yup, right around 65 courses...that includes all public and private plus a few in the near outlying cities. There are quite a few worth playing. My top 10 (today) in no particular order:

Shadow Glen GC- private
Creekmoor GC - semi private
Nicklaus Golf Club at Lionsgate - private
Ironhorse - public
Staley Farms - private
Mission Hills - private
Stone Canyon - semi private
Shoal Creek - public
Winterstone - public
Adams Pointe - public

There are many that I like but these are the one's the jumped to the front of my mind right now.

Terrace Park is excellent. Especially if you need the extra country club stuff. Great choice. I haven't played Oasis but the vibe there wasn't to my liking.

Yea my wife really liked the "country club" feel I terrace park, and the amenities.

Yup, right around 65 courses...that includes all public and private plus a few in the near outlying cities. There are quite a few worth playing. My top 10 (today) in no particular order:

Shadow Glen GC- private
Creekmoor GC - semi private
Nicklaus Golf Club at Lionsgate - private
Ironhorse - public
Staley Farms - private
Mission Hills - private
Stone Canyon - semi private
Shoal Creek - public
Winterstone - public
Adams Pointe - public

There are many that I like but these are the one's the jumped to the front of my mind right now.

Of that list Ive played the last three. Really like Shoal and Winterstone. Didn't play well at Adams Pointe, when I played about 12 years ago. Just can't afford the greens fees for any of them, most of the time. Would love to join The Club and pay $20 each time to play Winterstone, tho.

Back