2015 Blondes vs. Brunettes for Alzheimer's Association

nerfny

Reaction score
Handicap
20.9 GHIN
For the second year I will be participating in the Blondes vs. Brunettes Saratoga for the Alzheimer's Association. This year we have a group goal to raise $100,00 to support local families. I have a personal goal to raise $1,500. I joined this amazing group after my former soccer coach played and convinced me to join. I found an amazing group of women and men who have all been touched by Alzheimer's in some way. Personally I play for my grandmother who near the end didn't know who I was. Watching someone who had been such a big part of my life slip away and slowly forget those around her was something I would never wish on anyone. These women have become an extended family as we all share this bond around this horrible disease.

Below you will find the link to my personal page.

http://act.alz.org/site/TR/Walk2015/General?px=8388395&pg=personal&fr_id=8303

31dec58dd82145d9d81b23fe89c33902.jpg

Me at halftime of last years game.
77b7c0c1abe7030194a6101d905ff187.jpg

Brunette Bombers!! 3x Champs!!
a5a774091a1683de722c6ff05800339a.jpg

One team to END ALZ!!

Last edited:
Great job I look forward to following your progress again this year and watching the blondes prepare for a beat down. And I'll certainly donate to the cause.

Great job I look forward to following your progress again this year and watching the blondes prepare for a beat down. And I'll certainly donate to the cause.
Thank you for the support!! I can't wait for practices to start back up later this month.

Great cause, best of luck with your preparation.

I got all excited when I saw the thread title.

Blondes and Brunettes..woo!

Saratoga..horses?

Helping a great cause..even better! My awesome step-grandfather had Lewy body dementia so I'm with you.

Just had a nice workout with one of my fellow Brunettes!!! Can't wait for our official practices to start!!

What a great cause, look forward to seeing more in your thread.

As some one who has lost many family members to Alzheimer's I will definitely donate to this. And good luck on the game!

Today is going to be a long day but well worth it. Working then going straight to help out our local police forces host a tournament to benefit the Alzheimer's Association. Tonight is the Battle of the Badges 4 local police teams play in a tournament for bragging rights and proceeds go to BvB. People buying a ticket get the ticket to this game and the one for our minor league baseball team the Valley Cats game on July 5th when the check will be presented from the event. https://www.facebook.com/events/798972686855330/

1dbb987b896c5241660be293cc68f06c.jpg

602dae1d2916f9ef26e05b11eddfc289.jpg

feefa97c8aa22bedef382f105852d1fe.jpg

First practice starts this Sunday!! I can't wait!!!
While I was at a wedding this weekend my teammates raised $830 at our annual carwash!!

601e02a4c23a2859edfa70b3a8fdb83d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just got home from my first practice. This year they want me to be QB. Excited and nervous for the new challenge. Football will be going on vacation with Dean and I again this year. Last year we brought it to work on my catching now I'll have to work on my passing skills.

My best friend was supposed to play with me this year but her aunt was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's and she is going to help her mom with her aunts care.

This has taken on even more meaning than just playing for the memory of my grandmother.

We have a great group of rookies coming in this year and we are supposed to try and do a scrimmage with the Blondes vs Brunettes from Buffalo. Trying to bring as much attention as possible to #ENDALZ!!

Any donations people can make to the cause are greatly appreciated :)

Just got home from practice tonight my shoulder feels like jello after all the passes I threw. I love spending time with these amazing women.

I feel lucky to be on my Brunette Bombers team. Tonight before practice some new members shared their stories of why they became involved and it just strengthens my resolve for doing this.

I wanted to share how one of my new teammates has been taking care of her mother with Alzheimer's for 7 years. Her mother has now entered the 5th stage of Alzheimer's which she has essentially become a toddler. She openly shared her families financial and emotional struggles. Yet this woman was here trying to help other families going through the same struggle. I was just in complete amazement of her strength.

No donation is too small. Any help anyone can give would be amazing. I found out tonight I need to raise $200 by August 16th or I don't get to play.

https://act.alz.org/site/Donation2;...rc=bfDskFbPfStream&s_src=boundlessfundraising

Took a break from studying for my final on Tuesday to go to practice tonight. Tonight we had our first scrimmage since it's early we were mixed teams of blondes and brunettes. It was the Blondes coaches vs. the Brunettes coaches. They were betting the losing head coach would have to donate $200 to the general fundraising.
I was on defense all night playing safety. I walked away with one interception and 2 near interceptions the last one to win the scrimmage for my team. It's so much fun when we get to intermix like that because I got to know some of the other players on the Blondes team. Also nights like this remind us we really are #oneteamtoendalz
I am getting close to the $200 I need by August 16th. Every little bit helps, no donation is to small.
https://act.alz.org/site/Donation2;...rc=bfDskFbPfStream&s_src=boundlessfundraising

nerfny needs some help getting to her goal and I think we THPers can help.

70 bucks-ish? I pledge 10 dollars of said 70 if you let ddec dump a big old bucket of ice water on your head. I'll double that total if he lets you get revenge in the same manner. Video required for my entertainment.

Who's with me? No shame in going over that number either, friends.

I got $20 let's do this

nerfny needs some help getting to her goal and I think we THPers can help.

70 bucks-ish? I pledge 10 dollars of said 70 if you let ddec dump a big old bucket of ice water on your head. I'll double that total if he lets you get revenge in the same manner. Video required for my entertainment.

Who's with me?

damn you. Wet t shirt contest? I have that in the bag. #Thanks

hahahaha more like #YoureWelcome

very true. All for a great cause. Guess I will pick up some bags of ice on the way home.

Sorry for the delay, donation made with a matching contribution from my employer.

very true. All for a great cause. Guess I will pick up some bags of ice on the way home.

YESSSS!!!! I'll get some popcorn.

Also, Swarley has donated. Who else wants to see this?! Let's make sure that total never dips because of spammers.

Donation made. Have fun with the game!

my $20 is officially in

I'll be donating if I ever get on this plane and get home.

I think we need at least a couple more donators before this ice water bath becomes a reality...

Who else is down for some evening entertainment?

Back