2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a good work out with my trainer this past Friday, holy cow. We did the gold gym 300. One of the exercises I did was swinging the kettle ball between my legs to straight out. Wow my back is killing from that because my form sucked. I was doing to much bending of the back and not keeping it straight. Need to get that form down because it's killing me.

Through week 3 of eating healthy and Im down 13 pounds, calorie intake usually varies from 1200-1500 but its all good calories, lots of fruit and veggies, oatmeal for breakfast and lean meats for dinner, I think I am going to turn into a turkey sandwich on whole wheat for lunch...been averaging about 4 times a week at the gym, 45mins of cardio, last week I started in on the weights (high reps, low weight).....Im ok during the week, weekends (since its winter and not out playing golf) I am home a lot and the cravings are there....but no real cheats since I started this....completely focused, should break the 200 barrier by next month (cant remember the last time I was under!) and that is the first of my mini goals

It has been one my struggles as well.. Saying no to processed carbs over the last 5-6 weeks has been huge for me.

Gotten into the habit of preparing foods for each meal for the week ahead of time and getting away from defaulting to processed foods

Feel so much better..

This is a huge thing for my wife and I. We spend 3 hours or so cooking on Sunday afternoon and it makes eating properly throughout the week a million times easier.

How do you plan the meals? We've tried doing this with limited success.

How do you plan the meals? We've tried doing this with limited success.

Since we are a fairly limited diet we medium boil 1-2 doz eggs for breakfasts, make a soup, roast a crapload of vegetables and cook a few whole chickens plus a steak or two. Plus one night a week we have fish that I usually pick up that day. Then I will cook up a random dish in large quantity for the week (this week is crockpot citrus carnitas). We also wash a bunch of blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. This lasts us the week for the most part. A typical lunch dinner is a protein with 2-3 different veggies (right now popular ones in our house are carrots, spinach, red cabbage and butternut squash).

This is a huge thing for my wife and I. We spend 3 hours or so cooking on Sunday afternoon and it makes eating properly throughout the week a million times easier.
It really does make the preparation of meals for the week so much easier. We spent 2 hours yesterday preparing lunch and dinners between today and thursday. It helps get me away from my bad habit of defaulting to fast food when I don't feel like cooking.

It really does make the preparation of meals for the week so much easier. We spent 2 hours yesterday preparing lunch and dinners between today and thursday. It helps get me away from my bad habit of defaulting to fast food when I don't feel like cooking.

Plus we end up saving money in the long run over 4+ nights of take-out a week.

I'm still on my mission to break 200. Been down as low as 206 but pretty consistent at 208 right now. The first 35lbs were much easier to lose than the last 10 have been!

I battle on despite the struggle

Plus we end up saving money in the long run over 4+ nights of take-out a week.
Absolutely!! One of the steps I have been working on lately is portion control - trying to cut down my portions slowly. That is starting to help in the $$ department as well.

Absolutely!! One of the steps I have been working on lately is portion control - trying to cut down my portions slowly. That is starting to help in the $$ department as well.
It's amazing what portion control will do for most peoples' diets.

It's amazing what portion control will do for most peoples' diets.

Not that my blood sugar was necessarily bad but since ditching grain based carbs from my diet I find I am never hungry. I almost have to force myself to eat which definitely helps the portion control. There's a big difference between satisfaction and satiation.

So I finally feel like I can post in this thread again. I felt very hypocritical in the last thread talking the talk and not walking the walk. I was not working out regularly and was really finding it difficult to be a positive influence. Hopefully that is behind me. I have now run nearly 80 miles this month and am back focusing on on my 2014 goal of running at least 1,000 for the year. Anyways- thanks to Blugold and a few others for really picking up the slack last year! Here's to a great 2015!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I finally feel like I can post in this thread again. I felt very hypocritical in the last thread talking the talk and not walking the walk. I was not working out regularly and was really finding it difficult to be a positive influence. Hopefully that is behind me. I have now run nearly 80 miles this month and am back focusing on on my 2014 goal of running at least 1,000 for the year. Anyways- thanks to Blugold and a few others for really picking up the slack last year! Here's to a great 2015!

Having a kid is tough man. Most of us have gone through it. But you are Wicked Cool and Bearded and awesome so it's all good.

Having a kid is tough man. Most of us have gone through it. But you are Wicked Cool and Bearded and awesome so it's all good.

Thanks bud ! She's starting to sleep so working out is back to being a priority!

So I keep seeing on my Facebook this detox drink that includes Apple Vinegar,Water,lemon juice,cinnamon and raw honey.I have seen it posted by overweight moms and by a pro body builder. What do you think? Also looking for cardio ideas. I have two knee replacements and cannot run well outside. I am ok on treadmill but get bored. Used to do marathons and need the cardio to complement the weight training.

So I keep seeing on my Facebook this detox drink that includes Apple Vinegar,Water,lemon juice,cinnamon and raw honey.I have seen it posted by overweight moms and by a pro body builder. What do you think? Also looking for cardio ideas. I have two knee replacements and cannot run well outside. I am ok on treadmill but get bored. Used to do marathons and need the cardio to complement the weight training.

I cannot comment on the drink but it isn't a lifestyle changing event. I would just eliminate the crap in your diet and eat more veggies and that should do all the detoxing you need.

As for the cardio I love the rower. I specifically like Concept2's but they are pricey buit alot of gyms have them.

I cannot comment on the drink but it isn't a lifestyle changing event. I would just eliminate the crap in your diet and eat more veggies and that should do all the detoxing you need.

As for the cardio I love the rower. I specifically like Concept2's but they are pricey buit alot of gyms have them.

This- detox's diets are garbage from a scientific perspective.

Everyone goes through busy times. Even if you weren't walking the walk you are still a wealth of info for everybody. None of us are perfect here. Just regular guys doing our thing as best we can.

Everyone goes through busy times. Even if you weren't walking the walk you are still a wealth of info for everybody. None of us are perfect here. Just regular guys doing our thing as best we can.

Thanks man- I appreciate it! Just trying to be better every single day!

Going to be setting some new goals for myself with a Charleston, SC and Kiawah Island trip coming up in 6 weeks. Having issues with my lower back has put my strength and size goals on hold for the time being, so I'll be working on losing some weight and leaning out a bit. I'm doing a lot of body weight exercises and some interval treadmil/stepmil/eliptical workouts. I'm working up towards a 1000 rep workout doing 10x10 splits of the following exercises:

1. Push-Ups
2. Lunges
3. Ab Wheels
4. Bridges
5. Dips
6. Curls
7. Air Squats
8. Weighted Crunches
9. Shoulder Raises
10. Russian Twists

I'm doing all this and resting 90 seconds in between right now. I got through 4 rounds my first attempt, the ab wheels are a real killer.

Going to be setting some new goals for myself with a Charleston, SC and Kiawah Island trip coming up in 6 weeks. Having issues with my lower back has put my strength and size goals on hold for the time being, so I'll be working on losing some weight and leaning out a bit. I'm doing a lot of body weight exercises and some interval treadmil/stepmil/eliptical workouts. I'm working up towards a 1000 rep workout doing 10x10 splits of the following exercises:

1. Push-Ups
2. Lunges
3. Ab Wheels
4. Bridges
5. Dips
6. Curls
7. Air Squats
8. Weighted Crunches
9. Shoulder Raises
10. Russian Twists

I'm doing all this and resting 90 seconds in between right now. I got through 4 rounds my first attempt, the ab wheels are a real killer.

I might add in some more lower back stuff to even it out - superman's or other light stuff. I know if I don't try to keep them even, my back acts up. Obviously be careful if that is what bothers you.

1. Push-Ups
2. Lunges
3. Ab Wheels
4. Bridges
5. Dips
6. Curls
7. Air Squats
8. Weighted Crunches
9. Shoulder Raises
10. Russian Twists

This looks killer with lots of core work. Nice.

You guys got me motivated. I hit the gym today and yesterday and did 40 mins cardio on the elliptical machine. Also, starting a low carb diet today. Thanks for the motivation.

You guys got me motivated. I hit the gym today and yesterday and did 40 mins cardio on the elliptical machine. Also, starting a low carb diet today. Thanks for the motivation.

Keep us updated with your progress !

Congrats in being back at it! I certainly go through stretches where I'm not working out like I should or want to. I've been mostly off my bike for 3 months so it's time for me to start up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back